Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 28th September 2008, 22:21   #166
Senior - BHPian

Way to go Doc !! Looking forward to a competitive 2009 as well.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 00:18   #167
BHPian

And I Am The Happiest Man Alive Today !!!!
highwayblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 02:57   #168
Senior - BHPian

Docs back in business. Congrats to Valentino, a really deserving victory.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 19:17   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Way to go Doc !! Looking forward to a competitive 2009 as well.

Indeed. I am looking forward to Hayden being able to push the Duke as hard as Stoner and the two of them, along with Lorenzo giving Rossi a tough time. He will be happy to see that MOTOGP will not be as boring as most thought when he quits.
turbo_v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 20:32   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12 View Post
Indeed. I am looking forward to Hayden being able to push the Duke as hard as Stoner and the two of them, along with Lorenzo giving Rossi a tough time. He will be happy to see that MOTOGP will not be as boring as most thought when he quits.
Forget hayden and stoner. Lorenzo's the guy rossi's gonna watch out for next year.
Old 30th September 2008, 10:52   #171
BHPian

what a season this has been, loved the video after the race which showed rossi's road to championship.
2009: as highway said, lorenzo is the man to look out for, i guess now he has had some good feel of the M1, he will surely challenge the likes of pedrosa, hayden. As far as stoner is concerned some races he rode as a demon as said by rossi, is it stoner or is the bike?? nevertheless it is going to be a fantastic season next year.
Rossi is still hungry for more wins i feel. he proved it that he is still as fast as before.
Docter is purely back in business.
Hope there are some upgrades from 250cc, like barbera, simoncelli.
SohailPistawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 12:25   #172
Senior - BHPian

"DOCTOR" @ his best and definitely he proved that he has got the juice left to nail the championship.Voila ! for the 6th time and he is the Schumi of Moto GP , go DOCTOR go !
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 16:43   #173
Senior - BHPian

Watched the race yesterday. And I'm blown away. This could be one of his best races.
He starts from 4th. Loses the spot to Lorenzo for a lap and the way he climbs up the positions from 4th to 1st was an exhibition of talent. He didn't put a wheel wrong.Stayed always on the edge and pushed Stoner to the limit after which even the 2007 champ just dropped pace.

After the race, that mini office desk in the middle of the track ,on the run-off was out of a movie.

I'm glad to have lived the era of the greatest racers. Michael Schumacher, Valentino Rossi and Sebastian loeb!
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 23:18   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
As far as stoner is concerned some races he rode as a demon as said by rossi, is it stoner or is the bike?? nevertheless it is going to be a fantastic season next year.
We all know when Rossi jumped from Honda to Yamaha he was basically moving from a real fast and power moto to not so sound moto. He continued to win none the less man.

Also if you read the rest of the interview you also saw that stoner got tired of changing directions on his ducati which is when he lost his position to rossi. That should answer the "stoner or bike" question (its the bike man-if the bikes good stoners good)

I think the same about hayden as well. He's raced poorly after displacement was lowered in MotoGP in 2007. I guess Honda lost some of its power redesigning for the lower displacement.

IFF next year he starts giving Rossi any competition at all, we all know its the bike.
Old 30th September 2008, 23:19   #175
BHPian

Btw sohail, given Hayden's riding this year, the fact that he was on podium in Indianapolis (home ground) for a few minutes i was wondering if the race was fixed . Nothing serious, just a passing thought.
Old 1st October 2008, 16:30   #176
BHPian

I would doubth that highway, as said that it was his HOME GP (i believe his house is close and he is also known at the kentucky Kid - american you see). I dont know about being fixed, but does it really happened... if it does i might start loosing my faith over Motogp as i did in cricket. :(.
but i think i will still watch MOtogp, for Rossi, Lorenzo and yamaha lols and the rest of the riders chasing them.

About hayden, i guess we will see if he is as strong as 2006 with the new bike. By th way i read in an interview of Burgess (rossi's manager in Fiat Yamaha who followed him from honda and was earlier with Mick doohan and guys) says: its 70% rider and 30 % bike. Rossi is amongst the few who diagnosis the bike while riding it and hence he is THE DOCTOR.

As nitrous rightly said, we we are glad to live this era of schumi, rossi and loeb. Nevertheless there will be more competition.

Rossi said he will only stop riding when he beats his younger brother in motogp championships lols

EDIT: Australian GP this weekend! whats the bet guys?? will rossi continute winning , will stoner make his fans happy, will pedrosa and lorenzo chase stoner for the second place in the championship standings??

Last edited by SohailPistawala : 1st October 2008 at 16:44.
Old 1st October 2008, 19:29   #177
BHPian

onships lols

EDIT: Australian GP this weekend! whats the bet guys?? will rossi continute winning , will stoner make his fans happy, will pedrosa and lorenzo chase stoner for the second place in the championship standings??[/quote]
It'd be great to see Vale hit the final nail on Casey's coffin at his home gp, Sete be warned about his comeback eh?
five46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 19:50   #178
BHPian

Another boring race! 250 race was one of the best of the season.
With Vale startin from 12th on the grid due to a crash in qualifyin, Casey had all the gap required to escape at the front. Nicky gave a good fight but wasn't enough to stop Casey from runnin away.
Vale made fantastic progress till he was along Jamey Toseland, who was IMHO the best rider of this race. As soon as Vale made a pass on him, he fought back and how! Sad that he had to finish 6th, but he gave a hard time to his works counterparts.
Vale later in the closin stages covered good ground and caught Nicky on the last lap to push him down to 3rd, vintage Vale stuff.
Dani went out at the early stages tryin to overdo a corner on his cold tyres.
2nd place in the championship is more or less sealed now for Casey.
five46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 02:16   #179
BHPian

I missed the first 20 minutes of the race so missed all of rossi's passing fun.
I guess Hayden suffered on tires towards the end of the race.
Old 17th October 2008, 15:47   #180
BHPian

hey guys time to post on this thread once again. Malaysian Gp its this sunday.
Rossi has done well in his 1st two practice sessions.
Stoner after his rear wheel again.

whats the bet??