Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 24th August 2008, 15:27   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nitrous : why do you think rossi should retire?? just a question dont take it personal. I think he still has some battles to go. I think he should complete atleast 125 premier class wins. he is now at 93 wins.
There is a HUGE difference between retiring when you're at the top and retiring weak.
The last two seasons Rossi was struggling, whether it was the Yamaha M1 or those michelins is a great discussion.
This season, Rossi's got a phenomenal 50 point lead and he looks STRONG. This is motorsports and I'd be a fool to tell he's got the trophy in the bag.
So, one part of me tells, he's worked and struggled real hard for the past three years and he needs a solid holiday. Maybe a sabbatical.
The other half in me says he's gotta break all the records before taking off his bike racing leathers and enjoy european formula racing or some Rally championships (since Schumi's enjoying german superbike championships as a hobby now ).
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 21:07   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
nice race, got a little boring after stoners fall. Nitrous : why do you think rossi should retire?? just a question dont take it personal. I think he still has some battles to go.
I agree. Imagine Rossi on a Ducati. Stoner would have gone home to mamma crying. He's already getting butchered inspite of Rossi being on a hopeless Yamaha. Ducati last year and Honda before that did a great job. As soon as the engines changed their displacement they alll sucked bad. Rossi rides well and recovers from his mistakes better than the rest no matter what bike he rides. I just want him to win this one championship SOO BADLY.

I wouldn't care after that what he did and also what anyone said that he's faded glory bla bla blaaaa....The day Rossi' stopped racing in MOTO GP , the Stoner's and Pedrosa's will be relieved of their pressure.
highwayblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 16:06   #123
BHPian

Well Said, highwayblaze and Nitrous. Same feeling here Nitrous...

Anyws move one, this is the race weekend, at Misano, rossi home ground. He is going ahead with a lot of positivity and pressure from fans and 50 POINTS lead hehe.

Free practice has started, stoner leading the practices, but nothing can be said until qualication laps.

Whats the bet guys and Podium or pole position guesses?? Will Rossi Keep the winning streak for wont let his fans down the the home race?? Stoner will surely fight back but ...
Pedrosa?? is he still in a league for championship position?

Race on Sunday at 5.00pm IST
SohailPistawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 18:52   #124
BHPian

It's highly unlikely that Rossi will switch to Ducati.

Anyway, he won the race today. 75 points clear of Stoner. Got kinda boring after Stoner crashed since Rossi stopped pushing. Good to see Lorenzo on the podium. He also seems to have sobered down a lot.

The FIAT YAMAHA 1-2 finish will greatly aid their quest in the manufacturers' championship as well.

P.S. It was great to see Stoner take pole even with a re-injured scaphoid...
turbo_v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 19:01   #125
Senior - BHPian

Ok, now this is getting a bit boring. The top spot is pretty much decided (unless Rossi decides to crash out in the last few races).

The 2nd championship position is where the real race is.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 11:43   #126
BHPian

Hmmm I thought i was watching a Repeat of the last race hehe. well one thing is for sure.. Lorenzo never gives up.. the gap between him and rossi did not exced 4 seconds. I kind of like his style. as somebody said earlier, that style is more or less like young rossi.

Let see whats the package in the next race. By the way i read somewhere rossi making a move to ducati. I think he has already signed the contract to stay with FIAT YAmaha and Bridgestone. Read it on MOTOGP.com
Old 1st September 2008, 12:06   #127
BHPian

@Shan2nu:
Yup, I guess only 15 points seperate Casey and Dani now. And, with Dani now havin got the Bridgestone tyres for the rest of the season, I hope he gives a good fight.
@Sohail:
Jorge rode well for the 2nd step on the podium and it should do his confidence a world of good. He's one of the riders to be watched in 09.

And, Yam've already inked another 2 years of contract with Vale, so he movin to Duke is all crap now.
five46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 13:47   #128
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Stoner has a problem when he's under pressure. Three crashes in 3 races cannot be just pure bad luck or poor machinery. Maybe's Rossi got to him.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 14:17   #129
BHPian

Looks like Stoner being in the front is making silly mistakes and succumbing to pressure and hence out of the last two races in similar fashion. And "The Doctor" is making a kill once Stoner is out of the way. All he needs to do, is to maintain his position and make no mistake, which he did and hence piled up 75 points lead.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 16:35   #130
BHPian

Oh boy. The 250cc guys over shadowed all the excitement of even the MotoGP guys yesterday. What a race!
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 16:53   #131
BHPian

I wanted to watch the 250cc too, what was the result?? Simoncelli?? or Barbera??
Old 1st September 2008, 18:14   #132
BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to watch the 250cc too, what was the result?? Simoncelli?? or Barbera??
19, alvara batista,

awesome 250cc race, barbera & simochelli were in their own personal battle world...

alvara came from 10-11 in grid to top podium position, he rode quite brilliantly.. for a change pasini rode well as well...
sanjaymugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 18:26   #133
BHPian

Did you see the 125cc race. i like the new kid... i think its smith!! the one in a blue Polaris bike. He is so dam young to be on the podium!! i think 15 or 16??
Old 1st September 2008, 22:12   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Did you see the 125cc race. i like the new kid... i think its smith!! the one in a blue Polaris bike. He is so dam young to be on the podium!! i think 15 or 16??
smith is 17,smith is good, but not aggressive, when it comes to head to head battle he is just no good, & also he does not take tight corners...

still the old man talmachi is the best 125cc rider....
sanjaymugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 23:07   #135
Team-BHP Support

I stopped watching after stoner's crash. The first time i think i ever kept track of what time motogp was scheduled to be aired, and this.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote