Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport


View Poll Results: Constructor's Championshop Prediction
Ferrari 26 65.00%
McLaren 11 27.50%
Renault 2 5.00%
BMW Sauber 0 0%
Toyota 0 0%
Honda 0 0%
Red Bull 0 0%
Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2008, 20:23   #2896
Senior - BHPian
 
Shan2nu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hubli - Karnata
Posts: 5,525
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Hi, if you watch the video, from 03:30 for the next five seconds, it is clear that once hamilton got to know that kimi has blocked his line, he deliberately chose to straight line the chicane. i feel that he could have braked hard and followed him in the racing line.
That doesn't matter coz LH later gave up his position to KR. It was Kimi, who for no reason moved to the extreme left of the track leaving a huge gap on the right hand side.

LH has not been penalised for cutting the corner, he has been penalised as the stewards seem to believe LH didn't give up his advantage to KR, which is not the case.

All the proof is in Mclaren's favour, what we need to see is how the FIA tackle this issue.

For all you know there could be another twist in the DC standings before the next GP.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline  
Old 9th September 2008, 20:59   #2897
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,819
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
he has been penalised as the stewards seem to believe LH didn't give up his advantage to KR, which is not the case.
If the stewards believe that is the case, they must have had good reason to do so and moreover I would think they have access to much more evidence than a YouTube video.
Steeroid is offline  
Old 9th September 2008, 21:14   #2898
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 755
Thanked: 292 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
.

LH has not been penalised for cutting the corner, he has been penalised as the stewards seem to believe LH didn't give up his advantage to KR, which is not the case.

Shan2nu

I understand that, but by avoiding the chicane he was able to maintain a higher momentum than taking the chicane. though he gave way to KR momentarily, he was able to slipstream and gain the lead back in the next corner.

By the way, Mclaren are going to appeal against the steward's decision. More on that here.

McLaren presses ahead with appeal - F1 | ITV Sport
tifosikrishna is offline  
Old 9th September 2008, 22:41   #2899
Senior - BHPian
 
Shan2nu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hubli - Karnata
Posts: 5,525
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
If the stewards believe that is the case, they must have had good reason to do so and moreover I would think they have access to much more evidence than a YouTube video.
Yeah but there's telemetry data that says otherwise. It shows everything from, acc, throttle position, speed etc what other data will the Stewards use to prove it wrong?

Quote:
I understand that, but by avoiding the chicane he was able to maintain a higher momentum than taking the chicane. though he gave way to KR momentarily, he was able to slipstream and gain the lead back in the next corner.
The fact that LH was 6kmph down on KR when they crossed the finish line shows that LH couldn't have possibly used the cut to gain advantage. He could however have used slipstream to his advantage (after KR got ahead) but any race driver in his position would have done it (which btw is not considered cheating).

Quote:
By the way, Mclaren are going to appeal against the steward's decision. More on that here.
Yeah it'l be interesting to see how that goes.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline  
Old 10th September 2008, 00:29   #2900
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,454 Times
Default

The youtube video says too much about Hamiltons penalty.

He surely deserved for what he did.

Lets get over it and head for the next race.

The spa race was a total paisa vasool though.
PAVAN KADAM is offline  
Old 10th September 2008, 01:53   #2901
BHPian
 
SilentEngine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mangalore-Bangalore
Posts: 916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

The standings as of now
Hamilton 76
Massa 74
Raikkonen 57

There can be more surprises ahead if you look at the remaining races apart from Monza

Singapore - New circuit + night race + street circuit, anything can happen
Fuji - most certainly it will rain there, race might be a lottery
China - might expect rain here too
Brazil - should suit Ferrari

If we see a Hamilton DNF somewhere (I think he is due for one) then Kimi might again be back in contention. If I were to place a bet now, I would put my money on Hamilton not winning.
SilentEngine is offline  
Old 10th September 2008, 02:10   #2902
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,261
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

Very very interesting races coming. Ferrari will desperately want to win in front of the home crowd. SlientEngine, interesting facts in your post. As much I'd want to see Kimi back in contention, it still seems like its going to be between Hammy and Felipe.
Dippy is offline  
Old 10th September 2008, 06:26   #2903
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North America
Posts: 960
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I think we can clearly see here how FIA is heavily influenced by Ferrari who will go down to every possible dirty little trick to gain an unfair advantage.

According to all the youtube videos and the race, Hamilton did "intentionally" cut the chicane after which he let Kimi pass him again and then he got him on the next corner, fair and square. I see no point in handing out penalties unless you've been "instructed" to do so by a higher authority.

Also, during the race, McLaren had spoken to Race Control twice about Hamilton's move and they had confirmed that Hamilton's move to let Kimi pass was legit and within the sporting regulations and that no penalty would be awarded to them. If not they were ready to let Kimi pass by again. Here's the link to that: F1 News > McLaren reacts to penalty

Hamilton was clearly the faster driver in the race and it's sad to see an international organization like the FIA selling out to corporate money and influence. Shame on them and Ferrari.

Also an informative article on grandprix.com which puts some more light on the controversy. It states that two of the three race stewards in the race who handed out the penalty to Hamilton were associated with Ferrari in one way or the other.
F1 News > Looking behind the Hamilton decision

Last edited by sujaylahiri : 10th September 2008 at 06:31.
sujaylahiri is offline  
Old 10th September 2008, 08:41   #2904
BHPian
 
dude131's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Goa / Melbourne
Posts: 125
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Shocker of a decision by the FIA (Ferrari International Aid).
Lewis had to go on the run off area as he had not other option plus he does slow down and gives back the place before attempting to overtake.
He does not use Kimi's slipstream and overtakes Kimi by out breaking him at the next corner.

Even if it was a mistake he should have been given a grid penalty at the next race.
Surprising how Massa got only a small fine for his unsafe release at the previous race.

Sign the Online Petition if you are unhappy with the decision.
So far there are 29,350 signatures.
Belgium Grand Prix - Lewis Hamilton was unfairly stripped of his win - Signatures
dude131 is offline  
Old 10th September 2008, 09:24   #2905
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
I think we can clearly see here how FIA is heavily influenced by Ferrari who will go down to every possible dirty little trick to gain an unfair advantage.

According to all the youtube videos and the race, Hamilton did "intentionally" cut the chicane after which he let Kimi pass him again and then he got him on the next corner, fair and square. I see no point in handing out penalties unless you've been "instructed" to do so by a higher authority.

Also, during the race, McLaren had spoken to Race Control twice about Hamilton's move and they had confirmed that Hamilton's move to let Kimi pass was legit and within the sporting regulations and that no penalty would be awarded to them. If not they were ready to let Kimi pass by again. Here's the link to that: F1 News > McLaren reacts to penalty

Hamilton was clearly the faster driver in the race and it's sad to see an international organization like the FIA selling out to corporate money and influence. Shame on them and Ferrari.

Also an informative article on grandprix.com which puts some more light on the controversy. It states that two of the three race stewards in the race who handed out the penalty to Hamilton were associated with Ferrari in one way or the other.
F1 News > Looking behind the Hamilton decision
Good point mate!

Probably the British media would write that the chicanes in all circuits have been constructed by Ferrari along with FIA to slow down other constructors in F1 to gain advantage.

And Hamilton need to not take the chicane any more!

Its an evident fact that Hamilton cut the chicane deliberately to gain advantage. He was punished for that. Get over it and move on.

Ferrari has much better things to do in F1. Its all the losers to Ferrari in F1 who built this conspiracy theory that 'F' stands for Ferrari in FIA.

Last edited by anachronix : 10th September 2008 at 09:30. Reason: More data
anachronix is offline  
Old 10th September 2008, 09:31   #2906
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Michigan,USA
Posts: 445
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

In all this argument-counter argument,we have completely forgotten that wily fox named Bernie.
I dont think FIA is supportvie of Ferrari or Mclaren or whatever.They are only biased towards commercial success of F1.When F1 was becoming a boring affair during Schumi domination,they changed the points system.
They have done what they could do best now to stir up the fans and have succesfully ensured that there would be tremendous viewership for balance GP's.If Foot-in-mouth boy wins the champioship with 1-2 races to spare,then F1 is stand to loose commercially.
Eventhough this incident has created lot of criticism,claims that F1 is rigged,how many of us are going to switch off our TV sets this Sunday?
On the other hand,if Championship is decided on Brazilian GP like last year,F1 stands to gain commercially.That sums this decision and I am sure they care 2 hoots about anything else.
They did it last year too,when they decided to strip Mclaren of all points but didnt do anything to Foot-in-mouth boy's points.Ofcourse he scored the points by driving the car didnt he?Or was he running around the track racing the Ferrari's without us noticing?
jraj is offline  
Old 10th September 2008, 09:54   #2907
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
IHamilton was clearly the faster driver in the race and it's sad to see an international organization like the FIA selling out to corporate money and influence.
You're kidding right? Or are you referring to the last three or four laps as the entire race?

Did you watch the entire race?
suman is offline  
Old 10th September 2008, 09:59   #2908
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,003
Thanked: 21,583 Times
Default

Wow! You people still arguing since I left the thread yesterday afternoon?
What's happened has happened. It'll be best for Hamilton to get his head down and just go all out for a win in the coming races and silence his critics.
Aditya is offline  
Old 10th September 2008, 10:01   #2909
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,819
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Wow! You people still arguing since I left the thread yesterday afternoon?
What's happened has happened. It'll be best for Hamilton to get his head down and just go all out for a win in the coming races and silence his critics.
You forget that we have more expertise here than all the stewards that the F1 organization can find around the world.
Steeroid is offline  
Old 10th September 2008, 11:10   #2910
BHPian
 
rranjith_kum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Coimbatore/ Aachen
Posts: 693
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude131 View Post

Sign the Online Petition if you are unhappy with the decision.
So far there are 29,350 signatures.
that is cool, mine is 29749
rranjith_kum is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official F1 Discussion Thread: Canadian GP Fullrevs Int'l Motorsport 30 8th June 2015 12:35
Your chance to be the official Red Bull F1 Team Reporter at the Indian Grand Prix GTO Indian Motorsport 1 26th September 2011 11:30
Predictions: F1 European Grand Prix Nurburgring Dippy Int'l Motorsport 20 12th July 2009 22:39
The Official Team-BHP Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix Meet!! Sam Kapasi The Team-BHP Meet Section 157 5th April 2007 11:11
French Grand Prix '05 : Predictions and post race comments Dippy Int'l Motorsport 29 6th July 2005 00:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:37.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks