Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport


View Poll Results: Constructor's Championshop Prediction
Ferrari 26 65.00%
McLaren 11 27.50%
Renault 2 5.00%
BMW Sauber 0 0%
Toyota 0 0%
Honda 0 0%
Red Bull 0 0%
Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 21:46   #3211
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 103
Thanked: Once
Default

[quote=Aditya;1001194]It suits him fine. I don't see any reason for Ferrari fans on this site to worry about him.

No, I'm not worried about Heikki's future. I'm just discussing with members of the forum. You have a problem with that? Ferrari fan or McLaren fan, I think we have the right to discuss anything related to the sport here, don't we (as long as we're not abusive)? If it doesn't interest you, I suggest that you ignore my posts.
akrish01 is offline  
Old 3rd October 2008, 22:16   #3212
Senior - BHPian
 
danlalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mumbai,JUHU
Posts: 1,584
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Blind hate, envy and jealousy showering on Lewis. Sad!

Just imagine the scenario if he was driving for Ferrari.
He would be god then!!! BUT BUT BUT he's not going to ferrari anytime soon. Maybe never.

Imagine what happens when ALONSO goes to Ferrari. But that too may never happen.
danlalan is offline  
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:25   #3213
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,995
Thanked: 21,573 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
No, I'm not worried about Heikki's future. I'm just discussing with members of the forum. You have a problem with that? Ferrari fan or McLaren fan, I think we have the right to discuss anything related to the sport here, don't we (as long as we're not abusive)? If it doesn't interest you, I suggest that you ignore my posts.
Well, if you're not worried about Heikki's future, why are you discussing it at all? Besides, the way you had put it, it was clear that you intended to bash Lewis Hamilton, which, for your information, is not the purpose of this thread. Here's your original post -
Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
I'm also quite interested in knowing how long Heikki wants to play 2nd fiddle to this loudmouth. As long as Heikki's in McLaren, he's unlikely to realize his full potential as he's always likely to be overshadowed by a brit in a brit team.
Aditya is offline  
Old 4th October 2008, 00:28   #3214
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 272 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan
Imagine what happens when ALONSO goes to Ferrari. But that too may never happen.
Oi, never say never ... Now that Kimi's contract has been renewed upto 2010, it chops of quite a few years off Alonso's possible role at Ferrari. But man, I would be ecstatic to see that man in a Ferrari. As for Heikki, he has been a letdown. I was expecting him to give Hamilton a real fight. Some of it has been bad luck, but the raw speed that you get to see with Hamilton, Raikkonen, Alonso or to an extent, even Massa, is missing. Shame really, he was one of the people I was looking forward to watching before he even got into F1. After all, a man who can beat Mr. Schumacher must have some badass skills with a car.
pranavt is offline  
Old 4th October 2008, 01:48   #3215
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

It took Ferrari some good long years before a certain Schumacher came to it's help. Now that somebody else is in his place and he is not performing well, all the hatred is being showered on the rival.
For all the Tifosis and Ferrari fanatics, this is a bit too sour to gulp it down.

We (all those who support other teams like Mclaren, Toyota, Renault etc...) understand this. We don't grown red with jealousy!
speedzak is offline  
Old 4th October 2008, 09:21   #3216
BHPian
 
dreamdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 420
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
It took Ferrari some good long years before a certain Schumacher came to it's help. Now that somebody else is in his place and he is not performing well, all the hatred is being showered on the rival.
For all the Tifosis and Ferrari fanatics, this is a bit too sour to gulp it down.

We (all those who support other teams like Mclaren, Toyota, Renault etc...) understand this. We don't grown red with jealousy!
Rightly Said.

Lewis is definitely championship material. How I wish Schumi had stayed back for another year. Battle between these two would have been amazing.
dreamdiesel is offline  
Old 4th October 2008, 21:29   #3217
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 272 Times
Default

If Schumacher had stayed at Ferrari, wouldn't Raikkonen still be at McLaren, because the other Ferrari seat was occupied by Massa? How would that have worked out? Alonso would most probably demand a clear #1 seat at McLaren which wouldn't happen with Kimi around.

As for Lewis being championship material, definitely. Even though I'm a die-hard Ferrari fan, I'd love to see him winning the championship this year...
pranavt is offline  
Old 4th October 2008, 23:37   #3218
Senior - BHPian
 
IronWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Benga-loo-ru
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Rightly Said.

Lewis is definitely championship material. How I wish Schumi had stayed back for another year. Battle between these two would have been amazing.
Though I'm a Hamilton fan and a outsider to the Tifosi concept, With the form Ferrari team is in, a Schumi in Massa's drivers seat would have meant something like a 20point lead for Schumi over Hamilton. (Not taking anything away from Hamilton or Massa)

Anyway, next race is critical, if Hamilton gets ahead of Massa, it will be a likely Hamilton championship.

However is Massa gets ahead of Hamilton, its going to be a nail biting finish till the last GP.

Ice Man? Cooling his Heels after last season. IMO - Hamilton deserved to win last season.

This year both Hamilton and Massa have driven their heart out.
May the best driver win!cheers:
IronWolf is offline  
Old 6th October 2008, 10:17   #3219
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
It took Ferrari some good long years before a certain Schumacher came to it's help. Now that somebody else is in his place and he is not performing well, all the hatred is being showered on the rival.
For all the Tifosis and Ferrari fanatics, this is a bit too sour to gulp it down.

We (all those who support other teams like Mclaren, Toyota, Renault etc...) understand this. We don't grown red with jealousy!
Its not jealousy! Its the hatred I've developed against a CHEATING and STEALING team.
anachronix is online now  
Old 6th October 2008, 10:49   #3220
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,995
Thanked: 21,573 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Its not jealousy! Its the hatred I've developed against a CHEATING and STEALING team.
I guess that was last year and McLaren got punished for that. They were disqualified from the WCC by the FIA and all their points were taken away. Cool.
Go back to 1997. Michael Schumacher did something unfair (don't want to mention it here) and got disqualified and his all points were taken away by the FIA. Did that make him a cheater for life in your eyes?
If you expect others to move one, I guess you should learn to do so too. No point being stuck in the past.
Aditya is offline  
Old 6th October 2008, 11:01   #3221
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
I guess that was last year and McLaren got punished for that. They were disqualified from the WCC by the FIA and all their points were taken away. Cool.
Go back to 1997. Michael Schumacher did something unfair (don't want to mention it here) and got disqualified and his all points were taken away by the FIA. Did that make him a cheater for life in your eyes?
If you expect others to move one, I guess you should learn to do so too. No point being stuck in the past.
Schumacher did that in 1 race which was controversial and he was disqualified for that year.

Mclaren stole the complete technical spec of a Ferrari F1 car and was infact proved that they were developing parts for the 2008 car. You might argue that Mclaren never developed any identical Ferrari spec parts for their car, but the knowledge they would have benefited from the spec can never be denied.

I guess you are trying to compare apples and oranges here?

Btw! To move on or not is my personal thing and I am wondering why it bothers you so much!
anachronix is online now  
Old 6th October 2008, 11:03   #3222
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,818
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Blind hate, envy and jealousy showering on Lewis. Sad!
He's earned it - why grudge him his just desserts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Just imagine the scenario if he was driving for Ferrari.
What difference does it make if loudmouth drives for Red or Silver? It isnt going to change him.

Great driver, but definitely not the greatest that he seems to fancy himself as. I think Alonso and Kubica would still teach him a few lessons in an equivalent car - lets not even go near Schumi and the rest of the greats.
Steeroid is offline  
Old 6th October 2008, 11:30   #3223
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
What difference does it make if loudmouth drives for Red or Silver? It isnt going to change him.
Exactly my point!
It isn't going to make any change in him but for the Red fans, he'll be the greatest and the best driver in the world after Schumacher the lord.
One has to give credit where it is due. By blindly hating a driver and team because he is from the opposite side is utter nonsense. And that is exactly what the Tifosi collection are currently indulged in.

I think Hamilton's words were blown way out of context or he is just using a 'superiority of words technic' (that's the best I could coin up) outside the track which will effect him and others while on it. This is a generations old technic used in many form of sports. Why grudge so much about it? Do you think he is that stupid to pass out these idiotic comments without thinking anything about the future of himself?
Just a mindset and framing of the first coloured driver to get near the F1 crown done by the jealous/over caring media??

Time we think atleast.
speedzak is offline  
Old 6th October 2008, 11:39   #3224
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,995
Thanked: 21,573 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Btw! To move on or not is my personal thing and I am wondering why it bothers you so much!
Coz it bothers every Ferrari and Schumacher fan if something is said against him even now.
Aditya is offline  
Old 6th October 2008, 11:42   #3225
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Exactly my point!
It isn't going to make any change in him but for the Red fans, he'll be the greatest and the best driver in the world after Schumacher the lord.
One has to give credit where it is due. By blindly hating a driver and team because he is from the opposite side is utter nonsense. And that is exactly what the Tifosi collection are currently indulged in.

I think Hamilton's words were blown way out of context or he is just using a 'superiority of words technic' (that's the best I could coin up) outside the track which will effect him and others while on it. This is a generations old technic used in many form of sports. Why grudge so much about it? Do you think he is that stupid to pass out these idiotic comments without thinking anything about the future of himself?
Just a mindset and framing of the first coloured driver to get near the F1 crown done by the jealous/over caring media??

Time we think atleast.
I accept the media hype is there over his comments! How about the ones he speaks on TV. Well if you are in UK you get a chance to hear him speak all these BS.

Nobody passes me on the outside... no-one (Being overtaken by Felipe Massa - ironically on the outside.)

The year I get here Schumi bales out - I don't know if I had something to do with that! - When he was interviewed by James Allen on ITV post the BritishGP and he was also explaining it to be Senna'esque.

How about the things he speaks on TV dude. I beleive there is not much the media can do about hyping it when he goes Gah Gah on TV-Live!
anachronix is online now  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official F1 Discussion Thread: Canadian GP Fullrevs Int'l Motorsport 30 8th June 2015 12:35
Your chance to be the official Red Bull F1 Team Reporter at the Indian Grand Prix GTO Indian Motorsport 1 26th September 2011 11:30
Predictions: F1 European Grand Prix Nurburgring Dippy Int'l Motorsport 20 12th July 2009 22:39
The Official Team-BHP Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix Meet!! Sam Kapasi The Team-BHP Meet Section 157 5th April 2007 11:11
French Grand Prix '05 : Predictions and post race comments Dippy Int'l Motorsport 29 6th July 2005 00:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:16.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks