Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport


View Poll Results: Constructor's Championshop Prediction
Ferrari 26 65.00%
McLaren 11 27.50%
Renault 2 5.00%
BMW Sauber 0 0%
Toyota 0 0%
Honda 0 0%
Red Bull 0 0%
Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2008, 11:45   #3226
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,995
Thanked: 21,576 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Mclaren stole the complete technical spec of a Ferrari F1 car and was infact proved that they were developing parts for the 2008 car. You might argue that Mclaren never developed any identical Ferrari spec parts for their car, but the knowledge they would have benefited from the spec can never be denied.

I guess you are trying to compare apples and oranges here?
You mean to say, McLaren are using the car Ferrari made in 2007?
Aditya is offline  
Old 6th October 2008, 11:46   #3227
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Coz it bothers every Ferrari and Schumacher fan if something is said against him even now.
Well! You can quote me when you see me bothered! Until then...
anachronix is online now  
Old 6th October 2008, 11:46   #3228
BHPian
 
METISWHG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Una
Posts: 119
Thanked: 11 Times
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Exactly my point!
Do you think he is that stupid to pass out these idiotic comments without thinking anything about the future of himself?
Just a mindset and framing of the first coloured driver to get near the F1 crown done by the jealous/over caring media??

Time we think atleast.
He can be stupid enough. atheletes for their their abilities in sports, have many a times shown great wit (though unintentional) in their self appraisals and comments.

First colored driver and all - come on, now lets get over it. if you ever saw BBC sports internet coverage or live commentary, you would think F1 existed only for Hamilton and everyone else is a supporting character.

one doesnt dislike hamilton coz he is driving a silver and not a red, its just that he is matching his brilliant racing skills with hiz amazingly stupid tounge skills. he could take a tip or two from Sampras on how to let only your game/ability do the talking
METISWHG is offline  
Old 6th October 2008, 11:47   #3229
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,725
Thanked: 9,036 Times
Default

Quote:
Mclaren stole the complete technical spec of a Ferrari F1 car and was infact proved that they were developing parts for the 2008 car. You might argue that Mclaren never developed any identical Ferrari spec parts for their car, but the knowledge they would have benefited from the spec can never be denied
It was not Mclaren but a couple of rouge mechanics on either side. Ron Dennis could have kept quiet but came clean when he got to know. It is not clear whether they used any of the technology. That part has never been proven. If so, there would be grave legal proceddings by now!
ajmat is offline  
Old 6th October 2008, 11:51   #3230
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
You mean to say, McLaren are using the car Ferrari made in 2007?
Well if thats the language you understand from my quote, I can help you less!
anachronix is online now  
Old 6th October 2008, 11:53   #3231
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
It was not Mclaren but a couple of rouge mechanics on either side. Ron Dennis could have kept quiet but came clean when he got to know. It is not clear whether they used any of the technology. That part has never been proven. If so, there would be grave legal proceddings by now!
Ron came clean when he gave all the transcripts of the spygate to the FIA post the Hungarian GP.

But how did the FIA catch Mclaren again for developing parts which were inherited from the Ferrari spec for their 2008 car. Martin Whitmarsh apologised for these developments and promised to scrap those developments. Where was Ron at that time? It was only Martin & Haug who were exposed to the media at that time!

I dont beleive its just the mechanics when there are proofs that their Chief Designer, Test Driver and the Driver involved in it.
anachronix is online now  
Old 6th October 2008, 11:56   #3232
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pune
Posts: 2,088
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Coz it bothers every Ferrari and Schumacher fan if something is said against him even now.
I wouldn't bother so much about Ferrari (though it has great pedigree), but why pull Schumi in this?

That guy has done more than enough on and off the track to prove his mettle. The guy has won more championships and more races than anyone else on the earth. Even if one assumes, only for the sake of argument, that he won half of them by cheating, he has won more races than most others driving around there.

Sure, it would bother any Schumi fan, especially when he is dragged in a discussion which is nowhere related to him.

Hamilton is great driver just like Alonso, but he is Mr. Loudmouth at the moment. There is nothing like hatred and jealousy.

It's actually hilarious to think that, a Schumi fan will feel jealous about a driver who is yet to win a championship.
RX135 is offline  
Old 6th October 2008, 12:08   #3233
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,818
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Coz it bothers every Ferrari and Schumacher fan if something is said against him even now.
Dont know about Ferrari fans but real Schumi fans woundnt be bothered much about what Mr. Loudmouth or his fanbase have to say. Like RX just said, you could take away half his GP wins and that would still be more than the sum total of wins by the top drivers today, why just Loudmouth?

The Hamilton frenzy is driven by the Brit press, who go ga-ga over every Brit who rises above average. One only needs to see the hype around Tim Henman at Wimbledon or the English soccer team at the World Cup to understand how superficial this hype is. For the record, that Jap driver Nakajima (or whatever his name is) pulled off quite a daring overtaking manouvre in Singapore which didnt even get a passing mention by the commentators (who are, not surprisingly, Brits) but when Hamilton passed someone at the same spot (another Brit, even though he's Scottish) it was "this surely has to be THE definitive overtaking move of the GP!"

C'mon guys - they're (ajmat included!) well within their rights to cheer their national mascot. Why do we have to follow suit?
Steeroid is offline  
Old 6th October 2008, 12:11   #3234
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,995
Thanked: 21,576 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
I wouldn't bother so much about Ferrari (though it has great pedigree), but why pull Schumi in this?

That guy has done more than enough on and off the track to prove his mettle. The guy has won more championships and more races than anyone else on the earth. Even if one assumes, only for the sake of argument, that he won half of them by cheating, he has won more races than most others driving around there.

Sure, it would bother any Schumi fan, especially when he is dragged in a discussion which is nowhere related to him.

Hamilton is great driver just like Alonso, but he is Mr. Loudmouth at the moment. There is nothing like hatred and jealousy.

It's actually hilarious to think that, a Schumi fan will feel jealous about a driver who is yet to win a championship.
Love him or hate him, no one can argue that Michael Schumacher is a legend. He's won more championships than anyone else.
What I was trying to say is, if you can forgive him for one mistake he committed in a particular year, there's also room to forgive team McLaren for a mistake they committed in a particular year. If you check my posts, leading up to this one, I was speaking for McLaren, not Hamilton.
Hamilton is a loud mouth which can drive others mad. He is a very good driver, but, the British media calling him the greatest of all time is silly. Have they forgotten Schumacher, Senna, Prost, Mansell, Moss, Lauda, Hunt and for that matter Alonso?

Last edited by Aditya : 6th October 2008 at 12:19.
Aditya is offline  
Old 6th October 2008, 13:49   #3235
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Oh NO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by METISWHG View Post

one doesnt dislike hamilton coz he is driving a silver and not a red,
You've got it all wrong! IT IS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by METISWHG View Post

he could take a tip or two from Sampras on how to let only your game/ability do the talking
Everybody has their own ways. Do you like Christiano Ronaldo, for a change?

Guys, we can carry on debating forever. The end note is that Mclaren is a CHEATING team filled with LIARS and LOUDMOUTHS while Ferrari is all glorious priests. Sorry, I can't get this theory/fact into my brains no matter how hard I try. I'm sure there'll be many more like me. :

Last edited by speedzak : 6th October 2008 at 13:51.
speedzak is offline  
Old 6th October 2008, 13:58   #3236
Distinguished - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,947
Thanked: 1,584 Times
Default

It is so much more fun to be a fan of the game, rather than the player! You get to see action both on the track, and off the track among the team/player fans!!

Let the fun continue!!
amitoj is offline  
Old 6th October 2008, 14:47   #3237
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default That's it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
It is so much more fun to be a fan of the game, rather than the player! You get to see action both on the track, and off the track among the team/player fans!!

Let the fun continue!!
:
That's the spirit of the game.

Now that the smoking sponsors are out of F1, the spirits are really increasing and getting more and more exciting.
Just rewind 5years and how boaring it was!
speedzak is offline  
Old 6th October 2008, 14:59   #3238
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,725
Thanked: 9,036 Times
Default

Great - when Lewis is one short of Schumie's acheivement
Greatest when Lewis is one more of above

Till then he is a good driver with a loud mouth and goes mad when he sees anything red or Alonso.

Frankly, I think Heiki will show a lot more over the next two years as also Kubica. Massa is pips Hamilton on the maturity aspect

Remember Hami has made the show more interesting
ajmat is offline  
Old 6th October 2008, 23:28   #3239
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North America
Posts: 960
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I disagree with all the above posts claiming that Kovaleinen's playing second fiddle to Hamilton this year.

If you look at both their qualifying performances, Heikki is way off Hamilton's pace, despite having the exactly same car as him (with slightly different setups maybe).

And it's not the case with just a few races, it's been the same thing for the whole season so far. And even comparing fastest laps in the race, Heikki is way off pace compared to Hamilton, Massa, Kimi and even Kubica in some races.

And we can safely assume that he has the best car in the field right now, with Ferrari facing reliability problems and BMW a few tenths slower than the McLaren.

If I were Ron Dennis, I would give him one more season to prove himself and then look elsewhere, probably towards Vettel.
sujaylahiri is offline  
Old 7th October 2008, 01:02   #3240
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,965
Thanked: 264 Times
Default

Quote:
If I were Ron Dennis, I would give him one more season to prove himself and then look elsewhere, probably towards Vettel.
Vettel is in the "Junior Ferrari" team. Only in Ron's wildest dreams will Vettel join Mclaren. Moreover Mclaren have a great numero uno driver. They don't need Vettel.
nitrous is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official F1 Discussion Thread: Canadian GP Fullrevs Int'l Motorsport 30 8th June 2015 12:35
Your chance to be the official Red Bull F1 Team Reporter at the Indian Grand Prix GTO Indian Motorsport 1 26th September 2011 11:30
Predictions: F1 European Grand Prix Nurburgring Dippy Int'l Motorsport 20 12th July 2009 22:39
The Official Team-BHP Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix Meet!! Sam Kapasi The Team-BHP Meet Section 157 5th April 2007 11:11
French Grand Prix '05 : Predictions and post race comments Dippy Int'l Motorsport 29 6th July 2005 00:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:34.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks