Red Bull 0 0%
Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 20th October 2008, 19:52   #3541
BHPian

Frankly in the Alonso VS Hamilton debacle, I would blame McLarens top management fair & square. They had two young gun’s who were clearly going over board. If Ron Dennis, Whitmarsh and Haug couldn’t control them, then its their incompetence at managing situations. I was very disappointed to see Alonso leave McLaren, but I am glad that McLaren have kept up the pace, and shown that the 07 car was not Alonsos contribution but their engineers.
Old 20th October 2008, 21:09   #3542
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Dude, one race or 2 races or 18 races, this still proves my point.
To prove your point right, there are many ifs and buts involved.

Quote:
Further proof that what I said was true.
Me supporting Glock and Alonso for crashing into Hamilton was only a wish.
And why not, pit lane incident at Canada, I will not buy it a 'racing incident' He was doing 80 kmph and not 180 kmph, fresh tires, braking and crashing into Kimi's car. See some replays he turns the car to left and then straightens the steering.
Second was Japan.
After such incidents I would like someone to rear end him too.

Quote:
Precisely my point. You put Alonso or Hamilton or even Osama Bin Laden in a Ferrari, you'll support him.
Hamilton is no match for Osama. He will be the youngest driver to retire from Formula1.

Quote:
You're going way off-topic. We were talking about something else if you go back along this thread.
My reply was for NC post, in which he said to someone, about sitting in F1 car then talking.

Quote:
I hope no one from Bridgestone is reading this. As far as Heikki's retirement goes, after suffering a puncture, the car had bumped along the length of the track causing damage.
Im not talking about this particular incident, it was an overall statement. He had some wing failure, engine failure as well(right?). I never knew Bridgestone made engines and CF wings as well.

Quote:
Just shows that what speedzak said about hatred and jealousy was true.
Im not jealous. Why should I be? Hatred thats debatable.
Old 20th October 2008, 21:37   #3543
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
For example?

Quote:
My point is still proved.

Quote:
And why not, pit lane incident at Canada, I will not buy it a 'racing incident' He was doing 80 kmph and not 180 kmph, fresh tires, braking and crashing into Kimi's car.
While you make a big noise about that, remember that it ruined Hamilton's race too. He was leading Kimi when he came into the pits. Even if he finished behind Kimi, he would have won the WDC by now. Also remember, he was docked 10 places in the next GP qualifying. He could have finished in better position in that race instead of 10th. The WDC would have been decided by now - in his favour.

Quote:
Second was Japan.
Massa tried his best and got the desired result. Sadly for you Hamilton didn't retire in the race. He just didn't score any points.

Quote:
Hamilton is no match for Osama. He will be the youngest driver to retire from Formula1.
My point is again proved. For you, anyone doing anything in a Ferrari is perfectly acceptable, forgivable and forgettable. When someone does it in another car, it's an unforgivable crime.

Quote:
My reply was for NC post, in which he said to someone, about sitting in F1 car then talking.
NC had replied to another Hamilton bashing comment. Go back along the thread, you'll know.

Quote:
Im not talking about this particular incident, it was an overall statement. He had some wing failure, engine failure as well(right?). I never knew Bridgestone made engines and CF wings as well.
Fine. Kimi and Massa have had engine failures too. Where were their cars' engines made? China or Dharavi or chor bazaar?

Quote:
Im not jealous. Why should I be? Hatred thats debatable.
If it's not that, then what do you want him banned for? Remarks like X should bang into him and Y should take him out come only when you absolutely detest someone and have no respect for his or her achievements.
Old 21st October 2008, 04:29   #3544
BHPian

I was really surprised at Massa's lack of pace last weekend in Shanghai. Not only was he 0.3 seconds off in qualifying despite having less fuel than Hamilton, when Hamilton and Kimi were trading fastest laps during the race, he was nowhere to be seen.

And during the press conference, he wasn't even man enough to admit that Kimi slowed down and let him pass, although Kimi said it clearly and also about Ferrari team orders.

What a selfish man he is!
Old 21st October 2008, 05:39   #3545
BANNED

Quote:
As they say: Boys are yet to grow up!
The trouble is Hamilton has an (allegedly) poor loudmouthing press presence which made him blatantly exposed when compared to Massa in this matter.
Old 21st October 2008, 07:18   #3546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
Come on, the entire world knows who is the most Selfish F1 driver in the present age!

Hint: He drives for Mclaren and is from UK.

Last edited by finneyp : 21st October 2008 at 07:31.
Old 21st October 2008, 07:30   #3547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Come on, the entire world knows who is the most Selfish F1 driver in the present age!

Hint: He drives for Mcalaren and is from UK.
You forgot to mention the yellow livery on his helmet. People might get confused with DC here
Old 21st October 2008, 07:49   #3548
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Hint: He drives for Mclaren and is from UK.
Atleast he's open about it. Unlike a certain Brazilian driving a Ferrari and wearing a yellow and green helmet, who still dosen't want to tell the truth when his own team mate has come out with the facts.
Old 21st October 2008, 08:18   #3549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Atleast he's open about it. Unlike a certain Brazilian driving a Ferrari and wearing a yellow and green helmet, who still dosen't want to tell the truth when his own team mate has come out with the facts.
What is the truth or lie behind it? All have seen Kimi giving a pass to Massa!
Not sure if you want Massa to give a written statement that it was so!
Old 21st October 2008, 08:31   #3550
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What is the truth or lie behind it? All have seen Kimi giving a pass to Massa!
Not sure if you want Massa to give a written statement that it was so!
It's quite clear you didn't see the conference after the race. If you did, you'd know what I mean.
What's the harm in telling the truth?
Mika did when Coulthard let him pass, Michael did when RB let him pass. Good to give your team mate some credit. If not, you're being selfish.
Old 21st October 2008, 08:55   #3551
BANNED

Written statement! :heee haw:
How innovative! Very much in track with the times.

Another down to earth statement and nothing else. Doesn't add any value to the discussion/arguement. Sad!

Who all wants to vote for 'Massa wins 2008 F1 driver's championship' in brazil?
Maybe somebody can repeat a 97 kinda scenario, ain't it?
If only wishes were (red/yellow) horses!
Old 21st October 2008, 09:35   #3552
BHPian

Arrow

Quote:

And why not, pit lane incident at Canada, I will not buy it a 'racing incident' He was doing 80 kmph and not 180 kmph, fresh tires, braking and crashing into Kimi's car. See some replays he turns the car to left and then straightens the steering.
Second was Japan.

The pitlane incident in Canada was as disaster for Lewis and Kimi. It was in no ways deliberate. Lewis admitted that he wasn’t looking at the lights and when he saw Kimi infront of him, he was left no where to go.
Besides he was penalised for that incident, rightly so.

The Japanese GP incident was a brain fade for Lewis, braked too late and paid the price for it. He didn’t hit any one though, and the penalty was debatable, but for reasons of sporting fairness lets say it was justified. But then there are so many drivers who locked up their wheels at the start of so many GP's how come none of them were penalised?

Last edited by RacingForIndia : 21st October 2008 at 09:36. Reason: Corrected the syntax for quote
Old 21st October 2008, 10:53   #3553
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
But then there are so many drivers who locked up their wheels at the start of so many GP's how come none of them were penalised?
It doesn't have to be punished because none of them where from UK, driving for Mclaren with yellow livery on their helmets.
Come on guys! It's a sport. And it's just like a circus where nobody can be very much technically correct in achieving the results. Shortcuts/tricks/eyeblinders/shockers are just a part of the game.
Old 21st October 2008, 11:30   #3554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And for Alonso joining Ferrari? After Michael Schumacher, it doesnt matter who is it, as long as its a Ferrari. I hate Alonso for his cry baby attitude.
I guess this statement more or less sums up everything - the love for anything Ferrari and the hate for anything not Ferrari.

Quote:
A person who observes and comments on something is a commentator. You and me are commentators.
- This was hilarious but a person who observes is an observer and one who comments is a commentator.

But right now you could be called a discusser or maybe arguer !!
Old 21st October 2008, 12:30   #3555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I guess this statement more or less sums up everything - the love for anything Ferrari and the hate for anything not Ferrari.
This statement is more or less true in the case of any supporter, may be a Ferrari/Mclaren/Renault/ForceIndia fan. Its seen as an extra ordinary thing since its coming from a Ferrari fan.

Didnt the Mclaren boys who hated Alonso in 2005 & 2006 cheer for Alonso in 2007 (Probably the early half of 2007)?
Closed Thread