Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport


View Poll Results: Constructor's Championshop Prediction
Ferrari 26 65.00%
McLaren 11 27.50%
Renault 2 5.00%
BMW Sauber 0 0%
Toyota 0 0%
Honda 0 0%
Red Bull 0 0%
Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:25   #3691
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
He might have won it , but the fact is that it was not his last minute effort but some fishy thing which made him win the title.
i agree... atleast ferrari are constructor champions!

hamilton didnt win the title on his own merit in this race!

f1.com is totally blocked... running damn slow... everyone is hoping that the stewards take a decision to award the championship to massa....

i hope some team radio from maclaren to glock is revealed and both teams are banned!!!!

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 3rd November 2008 at 01:26.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline  
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:31   #3692
BHPian
 
wanderlustindia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 584
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Ok. What we witnessed was scintillating stuff. Motor-sports at its very best. Drama, tension, some great driving and a fair share of controversy, if I may add so!

Massa drove an absolute scorcher of a race in treacherous conditions. He and Ferrari gave it their all, din't they? So did McLaren and Hamilton. But certainly Hamilton will thank his stars and Timo Glock for a lifetime for this WDC crown. If we take it in the context of the whole season, it is Hamilton who has scored the maximum points, although he has one win less than Massa. So, in the end the win is deserving, albeit with a stroke of super luck.

Race-fixing, no fuel, slick tyres all kinds of theories will do the rounds in F1 forums across the globe. Some would call Timo and Toyota cheaters, without even bothering to know what exactly went wrong (unfortunately some people are already doing it in this very forum). But lets wait for Timo and Toyota to clear the air before we all start jumping the gun!

I am a Ferrari fan myself but I will have to accept the fact that perhaps Hamilton was better overall this season by just a bit than Massa and hence here is accepting the WDC with glee. Lets also not forget that the season overall has been quite fantastic with some superb racing witnessed. Massa put up a superb fight in the end, but alas it was not enough!

Can't sleep yet, my heart still pounding recollecting the last two laps!
wanderlustindia is offline  
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:35   #3693
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 308
Thanked: 111 Times
Question

What a fantastic season! Had me gripped to the edge of my seat all thru the 18 gatherings. The Brazilian GP is the icing on the cake however it leaves me...

Still wondering what happened to the BMW duo!
Still wondering what bit Fisichella!
Still wondering what was Timo Glock up to!
Still wondering if Hamilton will really relish Timo Glock's gift! Wouldn't it feel 'oh so hollow' to someone who is a true championship material!

Hamilton: Wish you all the best for 2009. Pray u come out to be a true champion clean & clear. Till then - enjoy what has been gifted!
BeamerBoy is offline  
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:35   #3694
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Well, wasn't it Glock who had once said that he'd like to put Hamilton on the grass? It's clear that he wasn't going to do Hamilton any favours.

Everyone does . Who doesn't . Nothing goes for saying. They want to keep the competitive spirit.
Who knows whats happening behind the back.

What say?
abhinav.gupta88 is offline  
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:37   #3695
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

P.S.
I'm already shocked that the season is over.
So waiting for 20-09 to start.
Will be an absolute cracker with rivalries at full swing.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline  
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:38   #3696
BHPian
 
kartikkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore...not Bengaluru
Posts: 214
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
He might have won it , but the fact is that it was not his last minute effort but some fishy thing which made him win the title.


P.S. another reason why massa missed out was the incident a few races ago of the fuel pump - a major setback to his hopes at a brazilian driver winning the championship after 1991.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
f1.com is totally blocked... running damn slow... everyone is hoping that the stewards take a decision to award the championship to massa....

i hope some team radio from maclaren to glock is revealed and both teams are banned!!!!
I don't understand why there has to be something fishy just because it's a McLaren that is involved? Why is not possible that sustaining race pace in wet conditions on slick tyres isn't as easy as it is on intermediates? We are all so engrossed and focussed on the Vettel-Hamilton battle that we have not looked at Glocks' lap times for the last 5 laps. Do we know what his lap times were? Do we know he slowed only on the last lap? Do we know what the fuel levels in the Toyota were? A bit presumptious and wrong to attribute Lewis' championship to some sort of foul play, isn't it? Why is it so hard to accept that he is a fast, good and hard racer and that he deserves to win?
kartikkumar is offline  
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:38   #3697
BHPian
 
rranjith_kum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Coimbatore/ Aachen
Posts: 693
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Hey common guys, Lewis Hamilton is the world champion.

I had almost had Heart attack thrice in the last lap !!

I dont think the stewards can mess anything around in this. I dont think its any case of bribe or foul play !! Vettel drove well !

I feel very sorry for Massa.


Here is what Glock said to Planet F1: "I was on dry tyres at the end of the race when it was raining quite badly and it was just impossible on the last lap," he reported afterwards. "I was fighting as hard as I could but it was so difficult to just keep the car on the track and I lost positions right at the end of the lap."I did everything I could.
Trulli set similarly timed last lap so I guess there isn't anything fishy about it !

FIA are investigating Lewis 's Car it seems his steering wheel was not mounted properly in the car it was crooked when he got out LOL !!

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 3rd November 2008 at 01:58.
rranjith_kum is offline  
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:41   #3698
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,996
Thanked: 21,574 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
hamilton didnt win the title on his own merit in this race!
He did. As Karun Chandok pointed out, the championship is won over 18 races. Not just one. The Glock incident on the last lap was just the bit of luck that Hamilton needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
everyone is hoping that the stewards take a decision to award the championship to massa....
Not everyone. McLaren and Lewis fans aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
i hope some team radio from maclaren to glock is revealed and both teams are banned!!!!
If wishes were horses.....

Hamilton is not the best driver out there - Alonso is. But, Lewis is the world champion, whether you like it or not. Accept it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Everyone does . Who doesn't . Nothing goes for saying. They want to keep the competitive spirit.
Who knows whats happening behind the back.

What say?
Behind the back stuff. Maybe. Cool. Maybe even Ferrari were up to something? Who knows?
Aditya is offline  
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:43   #3699
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar View Post
I don't understand why there has to be something fishy just because it's a McLaren that is involved? Why is not possible that sustaining race pace in wet conditions on slick tyres isn't as easy as it is on intermediates? We are all so engrossed and focussed on the Vettel-Hamilton battle that we have not looked at Glocks' lap times for the last 5 laps. Do we know what his lap times were? Do we know he slowed only on the last lap? Do we know what the fuel levels in the Toyota were? A bit presumptious and wrong to attribute Lewis' championship to some sort of foul play, isn't it? Why is it so hard to accept that he is a fast, good and hard racer and that he deserves to win?

Its not about controversies and mclaren
I'm not a hater of mclaren
just ,
I do not agree with the tyres fact. It is not that dry slicks would lead anyone to actually slow down to less than pit lane speed


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Behind the back stuff. Maybe. Cool. Maybe even Ferrari were up to something? Who knows?
Yea , you never know , but i dont see an incident which went in the favour of ferrari . Vettel overtaking hamilton is pure racing not any behind the back strategy.

Last edited by abhinav.gupta88 : 3rd November 2008 at 01:46.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline  
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:48   #3700
BHPian
 
wanderlustindia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 584
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar View Post
I don't understand why there has to be something fishy just because it's a McLaren that is involved? Why is not possible that sustaining race pace in wet conditions on slick tyres isn't as easy as it is on intermediates? We are all so engrossed and focussed on the Vettel-Hamilton battle that we have not looked at Glocks' lap times for the last 5 laps. Do we know what his lap times were? Do we know he slowed only on the last lap? Do we know what the fuel levels in the Toyota were? A bit presumptious and wrong to attribute Lewis' championship to some sort of foul play, isn't it? Why is it so hard to accept that he is a fast, good and hard racer and that he deserves to win?
Could not agree more with you, Kartik. You have hit the nail right in the head! Guys, the 2008 season is over, Hamilton gets the WDC and Ferrari bag the WCC. Let us come out of individual prejudices and cheer the drivers and the teams for giving us all a wonderful F1 season.

Its understandable that passions are running high amongst respective fan groups. But that does give us the right to mock at a rival's victory just because we as individuals think something went fishy towards the end? Do we really need 5-10 more pages of heated discussions in the next day or so?

Instead, lets just look forward to season 2009. Maybe, rename this thread and discuss the way things will shape up in 2009!
wanderlustindia is offline  
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:52   #3701
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,996
Thanked: 21,574 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Yea , you never know , but i dont see an incident which went in the favour of ferrari .
Not at Brazil. They were brilliant here and Massa was unbeatable on his own merit. But, what about Spa? After race control confirmed that Lewis's move was OK, they still went on to strip him of his win and demoted him 2 places.
No point talking about these incidents. The season is over. WDC has gone the Hamilton and WCC to Ferrari.
Massa put it well in the post race conference - it's racing. Life goes on.
Aditya is offline  
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:56   #3702
BHPian
 
SilentEngine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mangalore-Bangalore
Posts: 916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

There's no controversy here. Glock was on dry tyres and he lost time because of that in the last lap. Even Trulli was on dry tyres and he also had a similar lap time. If we look back few laps before the rain started, Glock was behind Hamilton, but he gambled on staying on track instead of taking inters, it almost paid off. If Glock had pitted like everyone else, we wouldn't even be discussing all these here!

I feel for Massa though, the scenes from Ferrari garrage were heartbreaking stuff. Obviously as a Ferrari fan I wanted him to win, but have to give it for Lewis this year.
SilentEngine is offline  
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:59   #3703
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 19
Thanked: Once
Default

Timo Glock and Jarno Trulli both stayed out on track and did not pit for wet tyres. This explains why Glock got ahead of Hamilton in the first place. If you look at the lap times of Trulli and Glock on the last lap , they were separated by just .3 seconds. If all you conspiracy theory makers can try to remember the last 2 laps of the belgium grand prix ,you will notice that Heidfeld and Alonso both pitted for wet tyres then and ended up gaining a handful of places over the rest of the field on dry tyres. this clearly demonstrates the performance differential between the two tyres on a wet track. So stop blaming Glock without any reason. If you claim something, be prepared to back it up with a solid reason . if you still think Lewis overtaking Glock was a conspiracy , then you dont know anything about formula1
brar is offline  
Old 3rd November 2008, 02:05   #3704
Senior - BHPian
 
danlalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mumbai,JUHU
Posts: 1,584
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Flawless Race by massa.
Champion Hamilton. He does DESERVE every bit of it. Its not that a champion is made on one race itself. Its over the WHOLE season and Hamilton did a great great job over massa.

If questions are to be thrown...then

1) Was Kubica paid by FERRARi..??? Or wants a seat there..??
2) What made Vettel Stay behind Massa although he could have taken the race lead..on a number of occasions..???
3) Did vettel get a call later on in the race from ferrari..??


Glocks Last lap was slow overall with 1:44 secs seems he did have a problem.

Champion Hamilton. Thats all that matters. x 100000

GLOCK COMMENTS:

The unexpected centerpiece of the title fight between Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Massa, Timo Glock has insisted he did everything he could to keep fifth place in the Brazilian GP.

Had the young German maintained his position then Massa would have taken the title. Instead, with just two corners remaining of the race and the season, Glock, the only driver in the top ten who did not stop in the closing stages for intermediate tyres, was caught and passed by Hamilton as he struggled to keep his Toyota on the track.

"I was on dry tyres at the end of the race when it was raining quite badly and it was just impossible on the last lap," he reported afterwards. "I was fighting as hard as I could but it was so difficult to just keep the car on the track and I lost positions right at the end of the lap."


The two Toyotas didn't switch to inters and couldn't get grip on the final lap. The final laps times of Trulli and Glock are separated by 0.069s, and the others did at least 10s better on the last lap.

Last edited by danlalan : 3rd November 2008 at 02:13.
danlalan is offline  
Old 3rd November 2008, 02:10   #3705
BHPian
 
rranjith_kum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Coimbatore/ Aachen
Posts: 693
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I do not agree with the tyres fact. It is not that dry slicks would lead anyone to actually slow down to less than pit lane speed

Vettel overtaking hamilton is pure racing not any behind the back strategy.
I am sorry the visual looks as if Glock was dead slow but not to the pit lane speed and for your kind information he lost about 20 seconds because of his slick tyres !!

We never said anything about Vettel !! He drove his way through he is a real racer, I dont think of any reason why Lewis too cant drive his way through struggling Glock ( his slicks )
rranjith_kum is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official F1 Discussion Thread: Canadian GP Fullrevs Int'l Motorsport 30 8th June 2015 12:35
Your chance to be the official Red Bull F1 Team Reporter at the Indian Grand Prix GTO Indian Motorsport 1 26th September 2011 11:30
Predictions: F1 European Grand Prix Nurburgring Dippy Int'l Motorsport 20 12th July 2009 22:39
The Official Team-BHP Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix Meet!! Sam Kapasi The Team-BHP Meet Section 157 5th April 2007 11:11
French Grand Prix '05 : Predictions and post race comments Dippy Int'l Motorsport 29 6th July 2005 00:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:32.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks