Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11th June 2005, 09:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

he s out of contention...
for him to win he has to come 1st in all the races and the current top six driver will have to score points less than 3rd position in every race hence forth..

for kimi to win the champioship alonso has to finish second to kimi in each race henceforth...
Old 11th June 2005, 15:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

The funnier thing is that Barrichello thinks he can win the championship this season. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 11th June 2005, 19:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

I think it'll be Kimi who has a very good chance of winning this time. Second would be Alonso.
And by the looks of it, McLaren have a good package. De La Rosa topping the charts of the friday free practice. Followed by Ricardo Zonta for Toyota and Alonso for Renault. Kimi and Montoya were 4th and 5th respectively.
Schumi finished towards the middle of the grid and apparently Ferrari were looking for the ideal race setup of their cars.
Patrick Friesacher in the Minardi did really well to finish the free practice ahead of both the Jordans and his teammate Albers
Well, rain will be a major player in tomorrows race... and watchout for the Williams, they maybe really quick on the straights... courtesy BMW engines.
Old 11th June 2005, 19:42   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
What time is the qualifying and race?!
The qualifying is at 10:27PM and the race at 10:15PM on sunday.
Old 11th June 2005, 19:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

yeah true that, man the BM horses will be a major threat on the straights ..

the cars will run on low downforce ,hence a it all comes down to the mechanical grip of the car ,which will determine tyre wear aswell ..

i hope the weather stays dry man ..knowing that region at this time ..temp should be around 16 degs and overcast ..lower track temps may favour the bridgstones since they have a tendency to overheat in warm conditions ..

ah well ..may the best of the Mclarens win ..
Old 11th June 2005, 21:10   #36
Senior - BHPian

i'd like to see anyone other than alonso on the podium. And guys any idea abt the problem btw narain and villeneuve??
Old 11th June 2005, 21:11   #37
Senior - BHPian

One more thing noticed... the Honda of Jenson Button was quick in the free practice session... was placed 7th, right behind the second Renault of Fisichella. Watch out for those BARs and the Williams... they might just be the dark horses of this race.

@karthik247: check out this thread (Villeneuve Vs Narain) for the tussle between Narain and Villeneuve

Last edited by shravan316 : 11th June 2005 at 21:15. Reason: addition of text
Old 11th June 2005, 21:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

you know what ... i dont know about you guys ..

but i still feel this is anybody's championship .. i favour kimi however ..its just the initial stage of the championship ...teams are adapting and getting stronger each weekend ...

-Ferrari has to have a game plan for this race ..they wont come down this easy after such a display of dominance..

-BAR's well with the kind of improvement they showed last year they are about to hit the right package mark anytime ...

-Williams we know came up with a good car last race,am sure they cant wait to unleash all their 950 horses in montreal ...

-Mclarens have it all eh ??..(yayyy)

-Renault's well everything is going their way at the moment ..they are at the top of their game ..

i am sure the season has much more in store for us ...

Last edited by turbo_lover : 11th June 2005 at 21:21.
Old 12th June 2005, 01:26   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover

but i still feel this is anybody's championship .. i favour kimi however ..its just the initial stage of the championship ...teams are adapting and getting stronger each weekend ...

-Ferrari has to have a game plan for this race ..they wont come down this easy after such a display of dominance..

-BAR's well with the kind of improvement they showed last year they are about to hit the right package mark anytime ...

-Williams we know came up with a good car last race,am sure they cant wait to unleash all their 950 horses in montreal ...

-Renault's well everything is going their way at the moment ..they are at the top of their game ..

Defenitely...there is no clear leader yet....it's anybody's championship this stage
Old 12th June 2005, 10:48   #40
BHPian

Looking at the qualifying grid, one has to say that the BARs are running very light and the McLarens are very heavy. From the free practice sessions, it is clear that the race is between McLaren and Renault. So I predict these 4 cars will be at the top. Trust Ron Dennis' strategy for a McLaren 1-2.
Old 12th June 2005, 11:11   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover

You forgot to mention about TOYOTA.
Old 12th June 2005, 12:44   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
You forgot to mention about TOYOTA.
hah yeah i rembered that i did the moment i saw toyota during qualifying

- they are the most improved team this year ..thats one thing for sure eh ..trulli is doing a great job keeping toyota in within the leading pack..

its a 70 lap race .. so BAR and ferrari (schumi) are banking on a 3 stop strategy ? Rubens will start with a huge load of gas from back since he never got a qualifying time ..

and what do u guys will work out better ? kimi on 2 stops or schumi on 3 ?

PS: i am not mentioning Alonso coz i hate him .. and hes the biggest threat to kimi bla bla blahh ...
Old 12th June 2005, 14:34   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Defenitely...there is no clear leader yet....it's anybody's championship this stage
a driver with a 32 point lead isnt a clear leader ?

i think i'm going to burst a lot of peoples bubbles..

Alonso is 32 points ahead of Kimi, and 43 points ahead of michael !
including canada there are 12 races to go, which means :

Kimi has to score an avg of 2.7 points more than alonso, per race
Michael has to score an avg of 3.6 points more than alonso, per race
( no one else can realistically win the title )

now renault have a very strong package this year.. no weaknesses ( in reference to a particular circuit ), they will be quick everywhere
even though mclaren at present have a slight upperhand when it comes to raw pace.. it isnt enough
not only will kimi have to score lots of points.. he has to ensure alonso finishes well behind him ( or doesnt finish at all )
that he cant do

to wrap up.. what i'm saying is unless there's a small miracle or a tragedy ( where alonso does a schumi in 99 ) i see alonso as the next WDC

what i look forward to are kimi & michael going all out to try & close the gap !
neither will give up for sure

Last edited by Hatari : 12th June 2005 at 14:38.
Old 12th June 2005, 19:01   #44
BHPian

I agree with Hatari, that Alonso lead is huge and with BAR in form, and Ferrrari also expected to be in form, most of the points will be more or less equally distributed in the future, and this is where Alonso's lead counts. Renault's lead over McLaren is not that big though.
Old 2nd September 2005, 23:59   #45
Senior - BHPian

Default F1 race prediction Italy

Which driver do you think is likely to win Sunday's Formula 1 race:

1) Kimi Raikonen
2) Fernando Alonso
3) Michael Schumacer
4) Giancarlo Fisichella
5) Juan Pablo Montoya
6) None of the above

Let the gambling being!!!
Closed Thread