Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport


View Poll Results: Constructor's Championshop Prediction
Ferrari 26 65.00%
McLaren 11 27.50%
Renault 2 5.00%
BMW Sauber 0 0%
Toyota 0 0%
Honda 0 0%
Red Bull 0 0%
Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2006, 19:12   #1276
BHPian
 
sridhar24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 951
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

A great race by Schumi and Alonso, both drove brilliantly. Now its quite not possible for Schumi to win the championship this season. Ferrari can only hope for constructors championship now. Alonso really drove like a champ today. Both Renault and Alonso did a great job this season putting behind all the bad luck they had with mass damper stuff, etc.
sridhar24 is offline  
Old 8th October 2006, 19:20   #1277
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
Not necessary, there is that one chance and that is everything what most are looking forward to. Cannot ignore it.

Anyways, no worries, Fisichella is going to take out Alonso himself.

can you please elaborate on this? My information says that Fisi and Alonso are team mates and as far as I know team mates dont compete within.

Did you see how Massa gave way to schumacher?


TO SCHUMI FANS.

When a person deserves credit for his victory, do give it to him. Schumacher did drive his best. but his experience didnt help him judge that he was pushing the engine much harder. He should have judged that

1. Renault engines are better.
2. ALonso was faster during the turns.
3. Alonso just had a new engine recently.
4.Schumi's engine was the same since 2000-2001
5. Schumi's all hopes were on this race. It would have given him a lead.

It was schumi's mistake. And Alonso's drive was excellent.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 8th October 2006 at 19:27.
devarshi84 is offline  
Old 8th October 2006, 19:29   #1278
Senior - BHPian
 
ported_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 2,391
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Guys, not all is lost! Bernie might come up with a last minute stroke of genius, he has 14 days to come up with a new script. It seems Spielberg isn't doing much these days.
ported_head is offline  
Old 8th October 2006, 19:52   #1279
BANNED
 
khaadu75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: same as the proposed venue for F1 ;-)
Posts: 1,154
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head
Guys, not all is lost! Bernie might come up with a last minute stroke of genius, he has 14 days to come up with a new script. It seems Spielberg isn't doing much these days.
Hey, Im sure he's plotting it to perfection and I wudnt be surprised if he does throw up a SOLID TWIST in the last race ... Wat a plotter he is --

Cheers
khaadu75 is offline  
Old 8th October 2006, 20:05   #1280
Senior - BHPian
 
merve_extreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,360
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84


TO SCHUMI FANS.

When a person deserves credit for his victory, do give it to him. Schumacher did drive his best. but his experience didnt help him judge that he was pushing the engine much harder. He should have judged that

1. Renault engines are better.
2. ALonso was faster during the turns.
3. Alonso just had a new engine recently.
4.Schumi's engine was the same since 2000-2001
5. Schumi's all hopes were on this race. It would have given him a lead.

It was schumi's mistake. And Alonso's drive was excellent.
that is the saddest explanation that i have ever seen from someone second only to the what the fixing theorist can come up with.it was Michael's mistake that the engine blew up,what a reason.it did not even show up on the telementry that something was about to go wrong,so how will michael know.

there are a 1000 reasons why a f1 engine will go boom,even a small carbon fiber debris can cause a failure.

the most probable cause can be something overheated during the pitstop and cause the failure or engine simply fell out of rythm after a stop.

and what new engine for alonso,both he and michael were on the 2nd race with their engines.

this race was lost because it was not ferrari's day(even massa was struggling with a slow puncture in the first stint)today as it was not renault's in monza.

both Michael and Fonso were great today.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 8th October 2006 at 20:25.
merve_extreme is offline  
Old 8th October 2006, 20:09   #1281
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50
Atleast leave Fisi today .... just because he was a bit emotional on podium doesnt mean ..................
Hey, I was talking about our heartbroken forum members ....I like Fisi!
suman is offline  
Old 8th October 2006, 20:16   #1282
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
that is the crappiest explanation that i have ever seen from someone second only to the what the fixing theorist can come up with.
Hey, did you ever win a prize for being the most polite guy in your school???? Your language & power of expression are amazing....first the bit about Fonso fans coming out of their holes & then this!

I can't understand why your posts don't ever get deleted or edited ...god knows they are offensive enough
suman is offline  
Old 8th October 2006, 20:23   #1283
Senior - BHPian
 
merve_extreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,360
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Hey, did you ever win a prize for being the most polite guy in your school???? Your language & power of expression are amazing....first the bit about Fonso fans coming out of their holes & then this!

I can't understand why your posts don't ever get deleted or edited ...god knows they are offensive enough
i dont think they are offensive.i dont attack anyone personally,i only talk about what they write.devarshi84,is not my enemy nor are you i said what i had to about what he wrote.ok "crap" maybe a harsh word and i am sorry for it and hence i have edited my post.

and isnt it true that there are a lot may posts from fonso fans today then what there are normally and hence the comment.

and why is it that you always get offended when i have never ever said anything about you ever.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 8th October 2006 at 20:26.
merve_extreme is offline  
Old 8th October 2006, 20:27   #1284
Senior - BHPian
 
ported_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 2,391
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

I was frankly a bit surprised that merve_extreme hadn't blown his lid yet, but I knew we weren't too far from it.

merve, before you blast my fixing theory, did you ever wonder that I might have just chosen to take the Red Pill instead of the Blue Pill at some point in my life?

It's funny how engine blow for Ferrari is just a part of the game, we all know engine's blow, high load conditions, 20,000 rpm, blah blah. And Renault's engines aren't engines, eh? Maybe they aren't powerful enough for you, or rev enough for you? I remember last race thread you tried to blast me for Renault not making reliable engines, because it was first race engine. Dude, engines are engines, with a lot of rotating parts that have to work in sync, they can blow in first race or second, and both Renault's and Ferrari's engines sort of operate on the same principle. Just that Renault's engines smoke Mild Sevens, and Ferrari's smoke Marlboros.
ported_head is offline  
Old 8th October 2006, 20:34   #1285
Senior - BHPian
 
merve_extreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,360
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head
I was frankly a bit surprised that merve_extreme hadn't blown his lid yet, but I knew we weren't too far from it.

merve, before you blast my fixing theory, did you ever wonder that I might have just chosen to take the Red Pill instead of the Blue Pill at some point in my life?

It's funny how engine blow for Ferrari is just a part of the game, we all know engine's blow, high load conditions, 20,000 rpm, blah blah. And Renault's engines aren't engines, eh? Maybe they aren't powerful enough for you, or rev enough for you? I remember last race thread you tried to blast me for Renault not making reliable engines, because it was first race engine. Dude, engines are engines, with a lot of rotating parts that have to work in sync, they can blow in first race or second, and both Renault's and Ferrari's engines sort of operate on the same principle. Just that Renault's engines smoke Mild Sevens, and Ferrari's smoke Marlboros.
ok wait a minute.now how did i justify that ferrari blowing engines was ok, i only said that ferrari engine going boom was not michael's fault it can happen to anyone for any reason as it happened to alonso.

and yes alonso in monza was on a brand new D spec engine.the same engine that failed thrice in tests after monza.you got it wrong there.

secondly tell me one reason why you conspiracy theories should be believed?you havent provide any conclusive evidence yet.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 8th October 2006 at 20:35.
merve_extreme is offline  
Old 9th October 2006, 00:01   #1286
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North America
Posts: 960
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Guys guys
We should stop fighting over Ferrari engines and concentrate on Sao Paulo. Michael's championship contention is over, so leave it there. I am hoping to see some good racing in Brazil.
Btw, the Ferrari engines are definitely more reliable than Renault ones, so Kimi has a pretty good chance next season.
sujaylahiri is offline  
Old 9th October 2006, 02:59   #1287
BANNED
 
khaadu75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: same as the proposed venue for F1 ;-)
Posts: 1,154
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

[quote=sujaylahiri]Guys guys
We should stop fighting over Ferrari engines and concentrate on Sao Paulo. Michael's championship contention is over, so leave it there. I am hoping to see some good racing in Brazil.
QUOTE]

Hey, Id say lets just fdrget this season as more or less the ANTI MS CAMP has won unless there is some dramatic freak incident waiting to unfold at the last GP ( and that can be planned only behind the scenes ) .

Lets wasting effort in the MS debate as hes history now and lets get on to the next season and start choosing our favorites for that .

I for one am in the ANTI ALONSO camp cheering for Kimi or Kubic !!!!

Cheers
khaadu75 is offline  
Old 9th October 2006, 08:13   #1288
BHPian
 
ranjan united's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!
Posts: 409
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Recently I came cross a very unteresting article at 'GrandPrix.com'.

One day perhaps some worthy sociologist will write a dissertation to explain what happened in the Media Centre at Suzuka when Michael Schumacher's Ferrari blew its engine during the Japanese Grand Prix of 2006. There was a roar of approval. A loud roar. The F1 Media - the representatives of the fans (in theory at least) - did not want Michael to win this one. Why did they react as they reacted? Here was a great champion coming to the end of his era and the chroniclers of F1 history were cheering his demise.
Yes, Michael has always been a controversial soul but this seemed to be more than that. This was about natural justice - the phrase even came up in the press conference. It was about overturning the advantage that Michael had gained from the mass damper decision and the penalty against Fernando Alonso at Monza. Alonso talked about God. The non-believers talked about Fate. The ever-efficient Jean Todt talked about failure.
But what would a sociologist conclude?

Read the full article here - http://www.grandprix.com/race/r767racereport.html
A worthwhile read to get into the world of F1.
ranjan united is offline  
Old 9th October 2006, 10:24   #1289
Jay
BHPian
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 819
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
I can't understand why your posts don't ever get deleted or edited ...god knows they are offensive enough
... Mods ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
i dont think they are offensive.i dont attack anyone personally.
Dude please tell me that was a JOKE... or you just dont know the meaning of Offensive / Personal attack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
I for one am in the ANTI ALONSO camp cheering for Kimi or Kubic !!!!
I Like Kimi's driving but Ferrari is a No No for me..... An ardent McLaren admirer that i am, guess i would Support Alonso...
Jay is offline  
Old 9th October 2006, 10:36   #1290
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
and why is it that you always get offended when i have never ever said anything about you ever.
Hey Merve, maybe its just the way you express yourself that is offensive; I don't necessarily have to say something nasty about you to get you off do I? Anyway, lets move on to Brazil now
suman is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official F1 Discussion Thread: Canadian GP Fullrevs Int'l Motorsport 30 8th June 2015 12:35
Your chance to be the official Red Bull F1 Team Reporter at the Indian Grand Prix GTO Indian Motorsport 1 26th September 2011 11:30
Predictions: F1 European Grand Prix Nurburgring Dippy Int'l Motorsport 20 12th July 2009 22:39
The Official Team-BHP Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix Meet!! Sam Kapasi The Team-BHP Meet Section 157 5th April 2007 11:11
French Grand Prix '05 : Predictions and post race comments Dippy Int'l Motorsport 29 6th July 2005 00:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:07.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks