Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 2nd February 2005, 14:56   #61
BHPian

I'l cheer for both Schumi and Narain...

Last edited by vinsanity : 2nd February 2005 at 15:08.
vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2005, 14:58   #62
Senior - BHPian

dont think i can ever cheer for anyone but Jarno ! he will always have No. 1 status !
but now Narain will be my 2nd preference

this is big !
we need a time machine to take us to 6th March !
Hatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2005, 15:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haryan
sudden my loyalty is now divided between MS and Narain ... i think our national pride helps us to switch loyalty

hehe,
you are right .here we are feeling proud of him and here there is also someone who feels Nk is a pain and so pities him.
and i pity that person

cheers,
satya
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2005, 15:29   #64
Senior - BHPian

Guys - imagine if NK beats MS on his debut race ??
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2005, 15:35   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Boy NC are you creative but lets come back to planet earth LOL

Dippy
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2005, 15:35   #66
BHPian

Not so fast guys... better wait for some more days.

Quote:
Indian driver Narain Karthikeyan did something yesterday that he'd better not do if and when he gets a Formula One ride.

He jumped the gun.

In F1 racing a driver who makes a false start is sent to the back of the field for the re-start.

The 28-year-old Karthikeyan announced in Mumbai, India, yesterday he had reached an agreement to drive for Jordan, the F1 team recently purchased by Toronto billionaire Alex Shnaider.

"Today I can see my dream of becoming the first Indian to secure a F1 berth becoming a reality," he said.

But in Toronto, Shnaider's Midland Group communications co-ordinator Ron Fine said Karthikeyan's announcement was "a little premature."

"We're in negotiation with him and his people, but nothing has been finalized," said Fine. "It's close, but things have been close before."

In London, Jordan manager Trevor Carlin had a similar take, saying that "he's (Karthikeyan) still got to find some funds, but it's very close."

The Russian-born Shnaider, now based in Toronto were he founded the Midland Group, purchased Jordan last month for an estimated $50 million (U.S.).

Also in the mix is current Champ Car driver Mario Dominguez who has a year remaining with HVM Racing, but is reportedly headed for Jordan/Midland next year. Carlin and co-manager Collin Kolles are also looking at BAR test driver Anthony Davidson as a driver for the second car.

The 36-year-old Shnaider, who immigrated to Toronto as a 13-year-old, is reportedly interested in one day putting the first Russian F1 driver in one of his cars. But that is a project that is expected to take several years at best.
gkrishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2005, 20:41   #67
Senior - BHPian

This is fantastic news.An Indian finally in F1!!!
Now im really waiting for the season to start......
And Narian aint gonna make any diff to my faves.

Go MONTOYA Go

X
X-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 00:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
more like.. imagine if he comes last in his 1st race
thats definately on the cards
Hatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 01:43   #69
Senior - BHPian

I just hope he does get the drive at Midland/Jordan. It's been a long time coming. Personally, I think his driving style is a little rash, so he'll have to be super smooth if he wants to get anywhere in F1, but here's wishing him all the best, it'll be nice having a "home boy" to cheer for!
kbk_75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 01:46   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haryan
I would guess that Bharat Petroleum has to cough up around 4.5 Crores MINIMUM to upto about 9 Crores MEDIUM LEVEL GUESS to a MAXIMUM of 12 Crores .......
Well....I don't think its a big deal for BPCL to shell out that kind of money for a company that does a daily sale of that amount...infact they would view it as an investment as its going to get them publicity and visibility at a global level

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
BPCL also has to cough up abt 5500rs every month for the 100 liters of speed 97 that it has promised to our Master Blaster.
There's a little correction here...BPCL had promised only 100ltrs of fuel to "THE BEGGAR" thats it no more !!..He'll have to beg some other Co. now !!!

Well coming to the point its time to rejoice!!! theres finally going to be some tough competition for Schumi ....now don't pounce on me guys ...i don't remember who but someone said that Narain's turns over the corners are better than that of Schumi !!! ...also this gives us an opportunity to watch F1 again after the previous boring dominant season of MS in his Ferrari.
comfortablywacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 02:02   #71
Senior - BHPian

And yes, the man will have to learn to behave in a very professional manner if he wants to impress his bosses (for instance by waiting till the right time to issue joint statements by him and the team, pleasing the sponsors at events, etc).
kbk_75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 09:48   #72
BHPian

The latest news in Narain's F1 saga :
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=75846

Quote:
Robert Doornbos is among a selected group of racing drivers who are in the race for a seat at the Jordan Formula One team. Earlier this week Narain Karthikeyan and Tiago Monteiro told the media their deal was done, but according to Doornbos, who tested with Jordan last year during three Friday practice sessions, no one has signed anything yet.
"It is all very exciting at the moment. I'm in touch with my manager all day. It is all taking a very long time, but another few extra days won't harm anyone," Doornbos told F1Racing.net. "Sure, Karthikeyan is close to a deal with Jordan, but I am very sure that he has not signed the contract yet. My budget to race at Jordan is finalised and so I'm still in the race for that seat."

Doornbos also revealed that Jordan's race driver should be revealed before Monday. On Monday Jordan will be testing at Silverstone with Toyota engines for the first time and with their possible 2005 driver.
haryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 11:20   #73
Senior - BHPian

Guy dont just celebrate yet. Todays TOI carries newa that the deal is not yet done and a conclusion to the deal is yet to be made . We still have to wait

Dippy
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 11:29   #74

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
YEA NC... it could happen... the day GW BUSH says one sensible statement!!!
what universe are you living in ..... POPULATION ONE?

also.
hahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahh ahahahahhahahahhahahahha!!! NARAIN JUMPED THE GUN.... WHAT A MORON!!!!!!

Last edited by ariesmale870 : 3rd February 2005 at 11:31.
ariesmale870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 12:44   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Guy dont just celebrate yet. Todays TOI carries newa that the deal is not yet done and a conclusion to the deal is yet to be made . We still have to wait

Dippy

Oh man, Not fair!!!
Cant wait any more!!!!!!
vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote