Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 19th May 2008, 13:45   #1
Team-BHP Support

Default Racing Car Colours By Country

I was at the Blackhawk museum on Saturday and a dear friend of mine who also was a member of the museum taught me something which I thought I must share with you guys. He taught me something about identifying origins of a race car by its colour. Did you guys know that each country representing a motor sports event would sport a unique colour scheme like this:
  • Germany - White or Silver
  • Italy - Red
  • USA - White with blue stripe
  • Great Britain - Green
  • France - Blue

There's many more and a google search led me to this page - List of international auto racing colors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You learn something new everyday.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2008, 16:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Here Every colour car is a sports car. From a Maruti to a Mercerdez, if its on the road, its a racing car.

Everyone's in a hurry to reach their destination.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2008, 23:23   #3
BHPian

What about India? Should it be the pale blue of the Indian cricket team. (this is the colour that A1 Team India is using) or should we have the tricolour just like Karthikeyan's helmet
santosh911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 09:34   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh911 View Post
What about India? Should it be the pale blue of the Indian cricket team. (this is the colour that A1 Team India is using) or should we have the tricolour just like Karthikeyan's helmet
I think India should stick with the sky blue/pale blue livery on their racing cars.

Looks more presentable and professional than the tricolour setup.

Or they can also go with a two-tone colour scheme, maybe orange and green or something like that.
sujaylahiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 09:43   #5
Team-BHP Support

The correct terminology is "British Racing Green" or BRG and German racing Silver. Both popularly offered on production cars right from back in the day.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote