Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 28th March 2005, 11:32   #1
BHPian

Default Montoya may miss Bahrain

Montoya surferred a hairline fracture on his shoulder while playing tennis... and maybe replaced in Bahrain by Pedro De la Rosa

this is bad for Mclaren, I was hoping to see JPM on the podium in Bahrain, well atleast hope to see Kimi up there now
First Ferrari had problems with their car and now Mclaren have driver problems

check it out

http://www.autosport-atlas.com/

http://www.setanta.com/content/setan...&noex&ref=rss&

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/4386661.stm

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_s...me=auto_racing
papps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2005, 12:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

I won't say its bad for McLaren. De La Rosa has never got a chance to prove himself in a good car. The Arrows was a decent car and he did well in some races.

This may be one of his only chances where he can prove himself a competitive driver and may well be selected in some good and better teams next year.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2005, 13:45   #3
BHPian

Expecting Podiam for McLaren in Bahrain ? whats the catch ? i am not debating but i wanna know how is Mclaren is better in bahrain ?
tabrez02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2005, 20:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

This is certainly bad news for the McLarens and me too. :(
But i completely agree with what Gordon said.Rosa will have a bright chance to prove himself and McLarens too will know his capabilities.
But i hope he performs well.

X
X-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2005, 21:29   #5
BHPian

Tabrez, there's no catch. The McLaren is a fantastic car. Its just that Kimi Raikkonen has had unimaginable bad luck - starting from mid 2003, where his blown engine during his lead at the Nurburgring(do correct me iff I'm wrong) saw him retire, and DC also got quite a nudge that race, bouncing sideways during the final laps of the race. This year has not started too well for Kimi either. A stall from a decent postion on the grid in th 1st race, and a blown tire in the 2nd race. One can only pray for Raikkinen - he has all the talent, a fantastic car, and the worst luck in the history of F-1.
aveek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2005, 22:11   #6
BHPian

Mclaren and problems always go hand in hand......... If i could only wish to see good old days of mclaren when MIKA used to race......... JPM always makes a mistake or the other......But he does win races.....at AUSTRALIA he spun off the track, not many people know about it Coz the TV crew didnt catch it...if not he would have had the podium.....i got to know about it through Mclaren website :-(.......

Pedro De La Rosa is definately good.... hope he proves him self!
Mr.Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2005, 10:35   #7
BHPian

WHAT A BUMMER! (Montoya missing Bahrain). The Bloke has lost his chance of winning the F1 World Championship ......
I think Pedro De La Rosa will do a decent job as his stand-in but .....
what a bummer for Juan Pablo in just his 3rd race with McLaren!!! It must be stunning and shocking news to Ron to announce that Montoya will not drive in Bahrain ....
I'll bet Ron Dennis has something to say about Montoya's recreational activities in the future! ......
haryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2005, 14:04   #8
BHPian

Quote:
McLaren-Mercedes tried to blast speculation that Juan Pablo Montoya 'lied' about how he broke his collarbone. The official line, that the Colombian slipped on a tennis court, didn't wash with many in Bahrain.
Rather, reports suggested he either fell off a Harley Davidson, a four-wheel motorbike, or a dirt motorbike. ''If he crashed a motorbike,'' said Mercedes' Norbert Haug, ''why wouldn't he just say it? We do not stop our drivers from doing that. We all hurt ourselves from time to time.''

But Jenson Button, for one, said there is an 'anti-danger' clause in his BAR contract.

Scotland's David Coulthard, meanwhile, had the last laugh. ''When fat people start exercising,'' the trim Red Bull driver jokingly told Reuters, ''that's what happens.''
According to F1racing.net ....
haryan is offline   Reply With Quote