Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 24th December 2008, 17:24   #1
BHPian

Default Karthikeyan not interested in FI: A case of sour grapes?

Narain Karthikeyan has said that he is not interested in driving for Force India-

Karthikeyan not interested in Force India

According to him, "I have no desire to be with another pedestrian team that's low on performance and loud on talk."

Let's not forget that he is the same guy who had initially said that he had no intention to race for A1 since there was no comparison between F1 and A1. In fact he preferred to be a second test driver for williams in F1. He had even agreed to race with Minardi in 2004 but was unable to raise the sponsorship amount therefore missing out on the seat. I wonder how racing for minardi or being a second test driver for williams is better than driving for Force India.

Do you guys think that it's a case of sour grapes or is the Force India team really that bad?
Astleviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 17:32   #2
Team-BHP Support

Well, Vijay Mallya took a swing at "Indian" drivers earlier. He said Indians were not good enough to drive an F1 car competitively - referring to Narain and Karun. Narain's just hitting back.
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 17:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

For him to be talking like this, I'm sure he thinks he is Michael Schumacher. In a four car race this guy could not even finish third. What more to say?

Edit: I would love to see his reaction if Ferrari were to offer him a seat. This is hypothetical of course.

Last edited by vikram_d : 24th December 2008 at 17:34.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 17:43   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Well, Vijay Mallya took a swing at "Indian" drivers earlier. He said Indians were not good enough to drive an F1 car competitively - referring to Narain and Karun. Narain's just hitting back.
Yes, I understand that he is reacting to Malllaya's comments. But saying that he doesn't want to drive for an F1 team because he wants to focus on A1 is one thing, calling them a pedestrian team is another specially since he was so keen on being a test driver for williams or racing for minardi.
Old 24th December 2008, 17:53   #5
Team-BHP Support

Certain things are said in the heat of the moment and our ever so "Breaking News savvy" media does its bit in hyping things up.
If you look at it from Mallya's point of view, Narain really hasn't proven anything. Like Vikram said, he couldn't even make it to the podium at Indianapolis 2005.
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 18:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yeah and I am not interested in running for President.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 18:15   #7
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Thats some statement from a looser like him.Frankly speaking he was an embarrasment on the international circuit.
bigron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 18:16   #8
BHPian

I think he's not even good on A1... he's showing his anger for mallya !! I hope everybody knows the race in indianapolis when some tyre problems made other teams from competing except teams with bridgestone tyres...even with handful of drivers narain didn't finish on the podium but his team mate become third.He don't have the pace and the teams don't want him
rolling on DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 18:17   #9
BHPian

True. Mallaya never said that Karthikeyan or Chandok are no good. He said that FI is a professional team and they don't want to put in an indian driver just because it's an indian team. What he actually meant was that as things stand now, there are better drivers available to drive for FI and the only way an indian driver can drive for FI is if he can prove his superiority over the current FI drivers. And that will take a while.
Old 24th December 2008, 18:27   #10
BANNED

Narain is not made for F1, I never had high hopes on him ever since he joined F1.
Aggressive & dare devilish drivers will do better, if the likes of Juan Pablo Montoya, etc. are anything to go by!
bhp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 18:54   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Thats some statement from a looser like him.Frankly speaking he was an embarrasment on the international circuit.

one think i have noticed when he talks about technical and strategy on race it sounds weird...i don't feel like a racer talking
rolling on DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 18:55   #12
BHPian

He should do what he does best! Do commercials for Jk tyre amaron and stuff! What a looser! amongst 4 he could not even finish 3rd...

Shrey
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 19:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

When FI doesn't want him, what diff does it make whether he's interested or not?

And its not like he's the A1GP champ, to even be in a position to make such a statement.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 19:19   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
And its not like he's the A1GP champ, to even be in a position to make such a statement.

Shan2nu
Exactly what I was thinking! NK probably feels that Mallaya is being too harsh and so is responding in this style. However, Mallaya being a businessman is making all the right noises. After all, he wants to make money and NK is not going to do it for him.
Bluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 20:49   #15
BHPian

Well Mr.Narain Karthikeyan the Truth always Hurts. Mallaya was right in saying there was no Indian driver good enough for F1.
speed kills is offline   Reply With Quote