Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport


View Poll Results: Who do you think will wear the motogp 2009 crown?
Dani Pedrosa 2 2.53%
Andrea Dovizioso 0 0%
Colin Edwards 0 0%
Chris Vermeulen 0 0%
Casey Stoner 7 8.86%
Valentino Rossi 68 86.08%
James Toseland 0 0%
Sete Gibernau 0 0%
Loris Capirossi 0 0%
Nicky Hayden 2 2.53%
Jorge Lorenzo 0 0%
Any Other... 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:36   #196
BHPian
 
SohailPistawala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 431
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Rossi always comes up with something for his victory celebration. Let see how big he can make it this year.
SohailPistawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:28   #197
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 0 Times
Arrow

Lorenzo is fastest in FP1 followed by Stoner

Name Lap time Km/hr
Jorge LORENZO 2'02.180 303.541

Casey STONER 2'02.244 307.955

Dani PEDROSA 2'02.758 309.455

Valentino ROSSI 2'02.864 305.862


Notice how Lorenzo goes slowest in straight line @ 303.541km/hr but still si the fastest around the track
kunal781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:38   #198
BHPian
 
SohailPistawala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 431
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Kunal : NOT much of a difference i guess, because all are in 2'02's, so i guess its going to be a close race once the QP is over and the pole positions are set. what say?
SohailPistawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:44   #199
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Well the timings and speed only mean that Lorenzo is on a better setup already while the others will continue fine tuning in sat practice.

But that top speed of Dani worries me, he is the best at starts and watch this, he will take lead till eh is overtaken before lap 2

But if he is not, then he will win this one like Indianapolis.

Rossi has said 'I will ride for the championship' and 'a few friends from italy are here (Sepang) alongwith the fan club' so he is aiming for those 12 points! yay!

Boy I cant wait for tomorrows QP!
kunal781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 09:50   #200
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

FP2 results are totally different from FP1, though Dani continues to have to highest top speed. Looks like the RC212V is still the king of bikes, sadly Vale is not on top of it.

Rider Time km/h
Dani PEDROSA 2'01.427 314.318
Valentino ROSSI 2'01.446 309.544
Casey STONER 2'01.485 309.988
Jorge LORENZO 2'01.804 309.189

Lap times have come down too

Lets see who can beat the 2'00 barrier!
kunal781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 15:06   #201
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Sepang QP results:

1) Valentino Rossi 2'00.518
2) Jorge Lorenzo 2'01.087
3) Dani Pedrosa 2'01.254
4) Casey Stoner 2'01.455

Valentino Rossi has equaled the all time pole position record in GP racing by taking pole at Sepang today
kunal781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 13:55   #202
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default

Champion for the 9th time! Doctor rules
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 15:27   #203
BHPian
 
kunaldhami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Surat
Posts: 144
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Rossi is 9th time world champion .. Time to party!!
kunaldhami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 22:49   #204
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Karnal
Posts: 264
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Friends,

A stunning drive from Jorge Lorenzo sees him home in 4th after being made to start from the back of the grid in the Malaysian GP. Seems that he was not on time to take his place on the front row at the start of the race. This guy will definitely go places, I'm sure. It is only a matter of time before he is crowned the world champion
Akadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 22:58   #205
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 755
Thanked: 292 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akadian View Post
Friends,

A stunning drive from Jorge Lorenzo sees him home in 4th after being made to start from the back of the grid in the Malaysian GP. Seems that he was not on time to take his place on the front row at the start of the race. This guy will definitely go places, I'm sure. It is only a matter of time before he is crowned the world champion
Lorenzo is no doubt very talented, however today's drive is not his best. Yes, he started off last, but with superior machinery, rain, and nothing to lose situation, he came upto 7th or 8th in the first few laps. In fact he was leading Rossi for a few laps. However, Rossi was easily able to follow and then he overtook and never looked back. Lorenzo didn't even challenge Rossi once after that.
tifosikrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 10:38   #206
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Lorenzo is no doubt very talented, however today's drive is not his best. Yes, he started off last, but with superior machinery, rain, and nothing to lose situation, he came upto 7th or 8th in the first few laps. In fact he was leading Rossi for a few laps. However, Rossi was easily able to follow and then he overtook and never looked back. Lorenzo didn't even challenge Rossi once after that.
True, Lorenzo did not challenge Rossi much after being overtaken.
But if you think of it, none of the riders could were fortunate enough to have a wet practice session i.e. no one knew what the conditions would be like when it started raining. So no bike-setup for wet was actually derived from practice.

On top of that Lorenzo no. 1 bike refused to start, the spare bike was used. Not that they are different, but whilst the mechanics were at changing the engine mapping things were taking longer than expected and lorenzo had to start from the back.

Being a wet race, it was anyones race. Could had been Lorenzo if he was on the front row. Not loosing his cool at any moment was very essential as another first corner mistake was not what the team wants.

The point is, Valentino Rossi is for sure the greatest rider of all times, a living legend and I am loving every piece of action. But no one ever has given Rossi such a tough fight for the championship right from the beginning of the race. So dont be surprised if he wins the 2010 title.
kunal781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 10:51   #207
JVH
Senior - BHPian
 
JVH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,021
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

I agree Lorenzo could be the next big thing in Moto GP. He has got serious pace and next season should be interesting.

But he falls too easily. Don't you guys think so?
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 11:03   #208
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 755
Thanked: 292 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal781 View Post
True, Lorenzo did not challenge Rossi much after being overtaken.
But if you think of it, none of the riders could were fortunate enough to have a wet practice session i.e. no one knew what the conditions would be like when it started raining. So no bike-setup for wet was actually derived from practice.

On top of that Lorenzo no. 1 bike refused to start, the spare bike was used. Not that they are different, but whilst the mechanics were at changing the engine mapping things were taking longer than expected and lorenzo had to start from the back.

Being a wet race, it was anyones race. Could had been Lorenzo if he was on the front row. Not loosing his cool at any moment was very essential as another first corner mistake was not what the team wants.

The point is, Valentino Rossi is for sure the greatest rider of all times, a living legend and I am loving every piece of action. But no one ever has given Rossi such a tough fight for the championship right from the beginning of the race. So dont be surprised if he wins the 2010 title.
Lorenzo is no doubt a champion in waiting. But in my opinion, his performance yesterday was not stunning.

By the way, 250cc race was extremely close with championship contenders Aoyama and Simoncelli exchanging positions a number of times, eventually with Aoyama winning the race and Simoncelli finishing 3rd (lost second place in a photo finish). I feel that Hiroshi Aoyama performance was stunning and heard that he is going to be in motogp next season. Going by yesterday's performance alone, I guess he might also turn out to be a great racer.

regards
tifosi.
tifosikrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 11:08   #209
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Karnal
Posts: 264
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
I agree Lorenzo could be the next big thing in Moto GP. He has got serious pace and next season should be interesting.

But he falls too easily. Don't you guys think so?
Hi JVH,

I feel that Lorenzo has always given Rossi a very tough time in many races this season. So, saying that he falls easily would not be correct, IMO. In fact, in several races this season they have exchanged positions multiple number of times. Not only has Lorenzo got beaten by Rossi over the last few laps several times but he has handed the same medicine back to the doctor a couple of times at least this season. Next season is definitely going to be very interesting, IMHO
Akadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 11:15   #210
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Lorenzo is no doubt a champion in waiting. But in my opinion, his performance yesterday was not stunning.

By the way, 250cc race was extremely close with championship contenders Aoyama and Simoncelli exchanging positions a number of times, eventually with Aoyama winning the race and Simoncelli finishing 3rd (lost second place in a photo finish). I feel that Hiroshi Aoyama performance was stunning and heard that he is going to be in motogp next season. Going by yesterday's performance alone, I guess he might also turn out to be a great racer.

regards
tifosi.
Oh the 250cc race was hugely exciting and entertaining, the battle between Hiroshi Aoyama and Marco Simonchelli was definitely a sneak preview of whats to come in motogp next season

Yes, Hiroshi is joining motogp and so are Simonchelli and Bautista

and the WSBK champion Ben spies will replace James Toseland from Valencia.

But as the rules say, rookie cant join factory teams, hence they all are going to ride a satellite team bike and that takes away atleast 'some' if not a lot of performance from the bike.

Also Lorenzo already has 2 years experience in the top motogp team.

Now I cant wait for 2010 season even though the last race of 09 isnt over!
kunal781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RFC 2009 (1-18th Dec 2009) ex670c 4x4 Excursions 19 6th May 2011 11:03
Photographs - Desmosedici RR, Ducati 1098, RC8s, 2009 R1, 2009 Fireblade cbr954rr Motor-Sports 1 25th October 2009 15:46
indianapolis moto GP meet- aug 30th 2009 vivekiny2k The Team-BHP Meet Section 8 29th July 2009 18:51
The Moto GP 08' discussion thread Shan2nu Int'l Motorsport 192 15th January 2009 12:09
MOTO GP Domnic Int'l Motorsport 20 22nd April 2004 04:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks