Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 10th August 2009, 17:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
i thought guys in the forum knew stock cars are not allowed in the rallies!
I knew, it looked as if you werent aware. So was trying to see if you knew something i didnt.

About Mahindra not to be praised etc.. etc..

Mahindra has been actively participating in some rallies in SA since 2006 - no great success though.

Search for Douw de Boer/Ben Kruger (Mahindra) on google.

The pic of a Mahindra prepeded Scorpio, not the one driven by the above guys but what could be of interest to you is the roll cage.

Pic taken from the Mahindra Website, South Africa -> http://www.mahindra.co.za

PS: I am no Mahindra employee, but do own couple of their products, so out of interest have some knowledge about them.
Attached Images

Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 18:02   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I knew, it looked as if you werent aware. So was trying to see if you knew something i didnt.

About Mahindra not to be praised etc.. etc..

Mahindra has been actively participating in some rallies in SA since 2006 - no great success though.

Search for Douw de Boer/Ben Kruger (Mahindra) on google.

The pic of a Mahindra prepeded Scorpio, not the one driven by the above guys but what could be of interest to you is the roll cage.

Pic taken from the Mahindra Website, South Africa -> http://www.mahindra.co.za

PS: I am no Mahindra employee, but do own couple of their products, so out of interest have some knowledge about them.
by SA you mean South Africa or South America? because you have mentioned the website of Mahindra South Africa!

the rally we are talking about in this thread took place in Brazil, South America.

thanx for the website address.
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 18:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

Opps sorry for that this is South Africa.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 18:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

@ parm: going by your logic, one should not give credit to even companies like subaru & mitsubishi as even their cars are rally specced & not stock.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 19:50   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ parm: going by your logic, one should not give credit to even companies like subaru & mitsubishi as even their cars are rally specced & not stock.
i never said that and i will never say it.

here we are talking about this particular MM vehicle which was rally prepared by the individual without any kind of contribution/help/support by MM!

MMC and Subaru have their own rally teams supported by the OEM in terms of financial as well as mechanics. thats why we have Pajero/Montero/Evo and Subaru WRX.

we still need to find out what kind of modifications was done to the vehicle in terms of engine and other parts by the individual on the stock MM vehicle!

please dont get offended or irritated by my replies, all i mean is this vehicle was a stock MM which was modified without any support from MM and which officially didnt enter this rally!

i think MM should capitalise on this rally achievement and launch some real 4x4 (thar atleast!) in India!
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 20:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
i never said that and i will never say it.

here we are talking about this particular MM vehicle which was rally prepared by the individual without any kind of contribution/help/support by MM!
i agree. i feel you are right.

Quote:
please dont get offended or irritated by my replies, all i mean is this vehicle was a stock MM which was modified without any support from MM and which officially didnt enter this rally!
what? why? !!!
i would never get irritated or offended with such things buddy. cmon, its a public forum, you have your say & i have mine. cheers.

Quote:
i think MM should capitalise on this rally achievement and launch some real 4x4 (thar atleast!) in India!
i agree again.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 23:39   #37
BANNED

This vehicle was supported by Mahindra.

The Driver and Co - Driver's are very well experienced & must be paid by Mahindra to do this event in their vehicle so their sales would go up in that region.

I really want to see Mahindra or Tata or any Indian Truck or SUV Manufacturer enter Dakar with a Full Indian Team.

Any vehicle that enters a Rally like this one just looks stock.
supercars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 00:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

an excellent achievement but why not something like this for india?? why only the GE??
amit V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 12:40   #39
sandeep sharma

Default More Video and pictures

Stumbled across this of the Rally Dos Sertoes and the scorpio pick up pictures at the rally from the fan site.
Old 28th October 2009, 18:59   #40
BHPian

Mahindra is not new to motorsports.In the himalayan rallies run in the 1980,s and 1990,s.there used to be a lot of mahindra jeeps supported by the factory. In fact the great desert himalaya raid run in 1989 and 1990 was won by the mahindra MM540 ( fully modified with 106 hp Hino engines) driven by farad bhatena.
cheers
rallystar is offline   Reply With Quote