Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 3rd September 2009, 20:42   #346
BHPian

I think this thread should be locked as Ferrari now have Fisi to drive for remaining races.
SilentEngine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 13:42   #347
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yup, this discussion is best closed. Most of us won't be able to get over seeing Schumy in '09 though, we came "this" close.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 18:30   #348
BHPian

Default Schumi's Come back : Rumor or Reality

Do you think Schumi should make a come back??

Well personally I think NO, he rather stay happy with the fame he has and not come and loose with the huge amount of talent in the current grid, but at the same time Brawn + Schumi combo has been a real success in the past. Should Schumi bet on this?

Even though Brawn quit Ferrari , he has proved he is the best when it comes to strategies.

Is it worth for Schumi to make a come back ? Will he be crowned Champion?

So many rumors, have made me a question bank , lets hear what fellow BHPians have to say.

The gossip gets heated..

Quote:
If reports by German newspaper Bild are accurate, the 2010 Formula One season just got more interesting.

According to the paper, seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher is set to return to Formula One, only this time, he wonít do it with Ferrari, but instead, with Mercedes.

At the same time, news magazine Focus also reported about Schumacherís impending deal with Mercedes, saying that the only thing thatís keeping the signing a formality is Schumacher passing a physical.

Sources have also said that the signature is just a formality. Schumacher feels fit and healthy. The latest (medical) tests were entirely positive.

Should he pass his physical with flying colors, Schumacherís deal with Mercedes is expected to be around 3.5 m euros a far cry from what he used to make while winning titles left and right with Ferrari.

Then again, weíre pretty sure that money is what prompted Schumacher to return to the sport he retired from three years ago. Itís all about the competition for him, an itch couldnít scratch while sitting around as a consultant for Ferrari.

While nothing has been confirmed yet, thereís no denying that should Schumi return to the sport he once dominated, itís going to make for a pretty exciting 2010 F1 season.
Source
kraft.wagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 19:27   #349
Senior - BHPian

It would be a great thing to see this man come back to F1. A dream that I never thought to get real.

But... the flipside is more worrying which might spoil his reputation.
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 19:32   #350
Senior - BHPian

I think he's definitely coming to F1 this time. Just hope the big teams have good cars this time, it's going to be awesome stuff.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 20:09   #351
Senior - BHPian

This is perhaps the most intriguing question in F1 these days. Personally, I think a comeback is pretty likely. There's no way you can have this much smoke unless there's some fire.

The evidence that supports a comeback is strong. Mercedes have still not announced their second driver. They're expected to be a top team and few top teams leave such decisions this late. The only conclusion is that they've already got a driver but haven't announced it. Schumi is a great fit at Mercedes, whatever the Ferrari fans think. Brawn is there, its a German team, and Schumi's career was actually backed by Mercedes' young driver program. Schumacher isn't quashing the rumours and its hard to see why he wouldn't quash them if he has no plans of returning. Plus, he did disappoint a lot of fans when he aborted his comeback and would hardly like to do that again. And the icing on the cake is that he's training hard and getting his fitness back up.
McLaren Rulez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 20:23   #352
BANNED

The below link started the same way and died too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-m...o-hes-not.html

I have no hopes of seeing him race again.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 20:24   #353
BHPian

Yep exactly, German team and Brawn are like a option that no German can eschew.
Can't wait for the announcement.
Happy if he returns, Super Happy if he will win..
Sad if he loses and gets listed in the bunch of Unsuccessful comebacks
Old 14th December 2009, 20:35   #354
Senior - BHPian

Dunno how reliable this newspaper is but this was published today

Michael Schumacher says yes to £20m Mercedes return to Formula One - mirror.co.uk
Old 16th December 2009, 12:27   #355
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Umm, considering that rumours are rife on Schumacher's Mercedes deal, this thread is opened again.

I am honestly speechless, the emotions too damn high! If the news is indeed true, I'm booking my spot in front of the television right away. Schumacher + Brawn + Mercedes = After all, they do have some unfinished business with Alonso (2005 - 2006 championships)!

Mercedes boss had this to say:

Quote:
Fry made it clear the seven-time world champion was top of his list, saying: "He would be very good for our team.

"The view from inside F1, not just my team, is they all hope it will happen."

Schumacher has been working as a consultant with Ferrari since his retirement, but the Italian team has confirmed they would not block him
Quote:
Eddie Irvine, Schumacher's former team-mate at Ferrari, said the German had struggled to find an outlet for his ruthless competitive streak since retiring.

"He's been bored I think. Very, very bored and he's definitely up for it," Irvine told BBC Radio 5 live
Schumy was built to race. I bet he's bored too. Come back man! Make 2010 a great year for us fanatics.

Source : BBC

Last edited by GTO : 16th December 2009 at 12:32.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 12:30   #356
BHPian

last time i read about shumacher's test drive with ferrari, he had complained about neck pain after the drive.

i don't know how fit or drive worthy will he be?

any news on this?
pb10gagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 13:01   #357
Senior - BHPian

That was due to a motorcycle accident related injury. He should have recovered fully by now. Of course, you are right in asking how fit he will be and if he can indeed deliver what Mercedes expects of him, given that he's coming back after so long.
Old 16th December 2009, 14:17   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Schumacher + Brawn + Mercedes = After all, they do have some unfinished business with Alonso (2005 - 2006 championships)!
Oh yes! But he has Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel around this time to give him company for the Championship.
Jus can't imagine Schumi overtaking/defeating the Prancing horse in which he ruled the circuits . If Schumi is IN, 2010 is definitely gonna be one hell of a season.

Couldn't agree more to what Glock has said,

Quote:
According to the Daily Express, Schumacher’s German compatriot Timo Glock firmly believes Schumacher is ready to make his comeback.
He said: “There’s still a lot of speculation, but in the end he is a crazy race driver, and he wants to come back to racing.
It’s not enough for him to just do go-kart races, or go to the Race of Champions at the end of the year. The flame is still there, it’s still burning within him, and it will be great forFormula One if he comes back,” Glock added.
“For Formula One and the fans it would be a big boost, a seven-time world champion coming back after three years out,” Glock said. (ANI)
Source : Topnews

Cant wait for an official announcement

Just read online that the German press expects the team to make an announcement on a deal with Schumacher this week.

Last edited by kraft.wagen : 16th December 2009 at 14:19. Reason: last line add
Old 16th December 2009, 19:01   #360
BHPian

oh man do I hope Schumi makes a comeback.
Watching him race in the F1 classics programme has me missing watching that kind of commited racing.

Hope the Schumi & Brawn awesome twosome can get together once more.

I'll be booking my tkts to a race then for sure
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote