Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 29th July 2009, 20:10   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
??? Pretty sure he can start from the back or start from the pitlane. Hasn't it ever happened before? Isin't that how Vettel made his debut.
Only under exceptional circumstances this can happen according to current rules.The stewards and all other teams should agree.
Under current rules, where reserve and test drivers get no driving experience on track during race weekend, i don't think it's possible.

Vettel replaced Kubica for the race after Canadian GP where Kubica had the crash. So Vettel's debut race was a normal race with practice and qualifying.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 29th July 2009 at 20:11.
SilentEngine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 20:10   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Sir sarcasm will not make your statement correct.

Again I'm trying to state the fact one by one.
Why ? They are facts and so its undeniable.

However you are speculating about a man who is the absolute best the sport has ever seen and has broken every record there is.

I have not intention to start a cat fight over this.
I'm trying to respect the rules of the forum and will not have any further comments on this.
First of all, I wasn't even trying to be sarcastic. Secondly, its not a fight, its a discussion. Let me make those things abundantly clear. It appears to be you who is unsuccessfully trying to start a fight.

If you think that Schumacher is a god who can do anything, well then I have to disagree. He is a legend and a true great, no doubt. But no matter how good he was, he is still human and has limitations.

I am reiterating that it is impossible at such short notice for someone in retirement to come back and expect to be competitive. Period.

Now if you believe that he can make a comeback, then substantiate it with more than just "he's the best we ever saw...".

And please do so without personal comments like you've made in the last two posts.

EDIT: 'Felipe will race again' - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com which is very good news

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 29th July 2009 at 20:18.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 20:36   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
currently even Robert Kubica is been linked to Massa's vacant seat as BMW has pulled out of F1. Schumy has became old now don't expect him to show fireworks like he use to demonstrate before. its better we see someone fresh in F60. wonder how alonso would drive that car ? won't be surprised if he starts winning in that F60
I really wouldn't know about the fireworks but that lap he did in his FXX on Top Gear was something else and showed that he still has it in him. If Felipe does race again it wont be this season atleast. Its risky and the putting the test drivers in his seat is not a good option.

It all comes down to whether it will be Alonso or Schumacher and yes inspite of all the denials, Michael IS the strongest contender for Massa's seat.

I wont say anything further. Will wait and watch. days full of suspense ahead.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 21:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

Frankly, what has Ferrari got to loose? No matter who they get in the car, its too late to think about the driver's and contructor's championship, this season.

So why not experiment with MS? If he still has what it takes, we could see some serious racing action and if he's not able to perform as expected, Ferrari still has till the end of the season to decide who should be driving for them in 2010.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 21:37   #50
Senior - BHPian

There has been speculation that Hulkenberg might be on the run too since Willi is his manager!

But I just want to see MS on an F1 Car.

Agree with you Dippy, his lap in TG with that FXX was out of the world! Beating every other car by 7 seconds is really something! And he is not someone who has gone to become a commentator or a F1 critic but he has been in constant touch with the F1 sport and also other motoring series.

If he has his passion high, then thats enough to see him race in Valencia! Fingers crossed!
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 21:41   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
So why not experiment with MS? If he still has what it takes, we could see some serious racing action and if he's not able to perform as expected, Ferrari still has till the end of the season to decide who should be driving for them in 2010.
There's a difference between leaving when you're at the top and leaving after a failed comeback.
It will be great risk for his image!
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 21:41   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Frankly, what has Ferrari got to loose? No matter who they get in the car, its too late to think about the driver's and contructor's championship, this season.

Shan2nu
Exactly! And irrespective of winning, Schumi coming back will get a LOT of positive attention on a sport which has been in the news for all the wrong reasons lately.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 21:46   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
There has been speculation that Hulkenberg might be on the run too since Willi is his manager!
What does that have to do with anything? AFAK Willi does not work for Ferrari

He just happens to be Shumi's ex?manager. Nico is not more accessable just because he's managed by Willi. He still need to wiggle out of his GP2 contract.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 22:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
I cant imagine anyone else driving Massa's F60.
That said, the person taking-over (temporarily) should have sufficient technical knowledge to help test new parts and give feedback to the team. This is no place for someone new to learn the 2009 F60.

So its down to the F60 testers and i will be devastated if it aint them.
Wouldnt Ferrari test driver's be the first to take a seat if something like this happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I really wouldn't know about the fireworks but that lap he did in his FXX on Top Gear was something else .
OT: Has anyone else driven an FXX(of similar capabilities) on that circuit/lap other than Schumi..??
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 22:25   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Wouldnt Ferrari test driver's be the first to take a seat if something like this happens.

OT: Has anyone else driven an FXX(of similar capabilities) on that circuit/lap other than Schumi..??
Ferrari's test driver for long has been Luca Badoer. Back in '99 when Schumi crashed, Ferrari overlooked the option of Badoer and went ahead with Mika Salo. It is fairly obvious they dont have enough trust in him. Also, all Badoer has done all season is sit in the paddock. No testing is done during the season, so I highly doubt him getting a seat.

As far as Michael is concerned, I would just love to see him race again. But realistically speaking, I dont see that happening. MS is a legend but also a human. I am not doubting his racing abilities but his health. He isnt used to that kind of G's no more. also he doesnt have the F1 superlicense anymore, so any chance of him coming back is very very slim.
amitverma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 22:28   #56
Senior - BHPian

news just broke on twitter : Ferrari says Michael Schumacher will replace injured driver Felipe Massa.
Twitter / BNO News: Ferrari says Michael Schum ...

Last edited by ported_head : 29th July 2009 at 22:37. Reason: Adding link here from other thread.
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 22:42   #57
BHPian

Sky Sports | Formula 1 | News | Ferrari confirm Schumacher return

its confirmed guys the maestro is back yahooooooooooooooo.
the best thing that could have happened to formula 1
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 22:42   #58
BHPian

Yup, this breaking news is now being flashed on Times Now channel ( 534 on Tata Sky). MS has confirmed that he will race for Ferrari.
The fun is now back in F1 racing and tifosi's like me will enjoy this phase.

Cheers
f1fan
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 22:44   #59
BHPian

Its up everywhere
F1 : Schumacher in for Massa! - FERRARI - F1-Live.com

Welcome back schumi, awesome kimi and schumi in the same machinery, a dream come true.

Last edited by anshu_46 : 29th July 2009 at 22:50.
anshu_46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 22:44   #60
BHPian

as much as i hate it, the news is that MS has declined any interest for a comeback...
Michael wont race, Gene to test

EDIT: i am loving twitter. i think MS may be back. this is insane. sorry strike the above post.
EDIT 2: News is confirmed. Michael Schumacher to return.

Last edited by amitverma : 29th July 2009 at 22:51. Reason: news update...
amitverma is offline   Reply With Quote