Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 30th July 2009, 13:57   #121
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Schumi's return will also serve as kick on the back side of Kimi who's performance in ferrari has been laclusture since he won the title in 2007!
I agree. He has been putting in lacklusture performances, but I loved his drive last weekend at Hungary. He seems to have periods where he drives like a scalded cat and then hibernates like a polar bear.

Schumi's come-back is sure going to spur him to perform even better!
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 14:07   #122
BHPian

Most of the people, Ferrari supporters or otherwise, will be glad to see him once again. I wouldn't care even if he doesn't get a single podium, but he's sure to light up the whole scene. For all his controversial actions in the track, not many could match his charisma.
MalluDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 14:23   #123
BHPian

The only thing that Schumi has to do now is to win the F1 championship next season & break the record of Niki Lauda who has won the F1 championship after coming out of retirement in 1984.
As Massa still needs around 8-10 months to be fit to drive 7 race in F1, I think Ferrari will retain Schumi as driver for next season also.
dhrishikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 15:14   #124
Senior - BHPian

Kimi & Michael driving for Ferrari... That was my dream team back in 2004/2005 times.

Now its getting real.

I seriously with Ross Brawn & Todt were there too

@Malgudi, come on! This season was just too bad for Ferrari, not necessarily something I would call Kimi doing a relaxed drive after he won in 2007. He was 2nd on the podium in Hungary and he has scored another podium in Monaco as well.

But the races starting from Spain is something to die for... Kimi & Michael!
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 15:25   #125
BANNED

And the discussion goes on and on and ...........

This is what happens when a Living LEGEND like him comes back.

There are few positives that i see with his comeback.

1) Ferrari's going to prepare a MONSTER of a car for Schumi
2) TRP's going to go crazy with the TV Viewer ship increasing.
3) Every F1 weekend starting from practice to qualifying and the Race is gonna be a hell lot of a HIGH for most of us.
4) F1 would be fun to watch(we all were missing Schumi always)

and

GET READY FOR THE MICHAEL MAGIC
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 15:45   #126
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Smile

I have been reading this thread all morning and it still seems surreal to me that Schumi is actually coming back to Ferrari.

I don't think a living legend returning to the sport of F1 has ever happened and this is a one-of-a-kind event in the history of the sport.
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 15:50   #127
BHPian

This is indeed a dream come true. Schumi is the only hope for Ferrari this season. I now dream of a Ferrari line up next year with Schumi and Alonso. What a combo that will be
Meer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 15:57   #128
BHPian

Definitely like the sound of it, Schumi and Alonso in ferraris starting P1 and P2 in Australian GP 2010.
(Just trying to figure out how much draught I need to order for 23-Aug afternoon, to witness God coming back to life!)

Last edited by nnandi : 30th July 2009 at 16:01.
nnandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 16:04   #129
BHPian

Thumbs up Schumi is back! Hail the God of Racing

HE IS BACK!!!! THE GOD OF RACING IS BACK!!!!

After Honda departure, Dirty Poltics, Massa Crash and BMW parting finally the best thing that ever could happen to F1. Schumi back on track!!!

Forget Button, Hamilton, Webber, Alonso! forget Brawn and McLaren! forget the dirty politics of Max and Berney. The LEGEND IS BACK

I thought his return is unlikely but never in my life i was so happy about getting proved wrong.

The Last-corner-chapmioship of last season, or the new breed drivers like Hamilton and Vettle. nothing is as pleasurable as wathing Schumi racing in his red charriot. Dont know if he will be able to score podium finishes but still he has shown he is the MAN in F1.

After announcing his retirement he has said "being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style. ." (thats where my signature line comes from ). So if the maestro has decided to come back, he sure has great plans. And even if he wins a single race after not having raced since 2006, it will be just another reason to know why he is a LEGEND

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th July 2009 at 16:08. Reason: Dotty post, please avoid...... this..... Thanks
Evolution_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 16:06   #130
BHPian

Look forward to Aug 23. By the way, has Schumi cleared the fitness test he is supposed to take? Pardon my ignorance about the latest developments on this front?
wanderlustindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 16:11   #131
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

I just can't wait for that old days commentary - Steve Slater and Cris Goodwin(if he too returns) screaming through the whole race and at the end simplifying the Michel Magic.

Now Ferrari pit crews will screwed to the limit, no more pit lane poker, stalled engine, loose fuel rigs, loose wheel nuts.

Just want to watch how MS approach and leave the pit lane. It's a beauty, he just time it perfectly to the line (before line 200kmph in line 80-100kmph) Oops!

Ferrari was about to freeze this years car development by last race. Now let us wait and watch on this area.

Now a new energized Formula1. Sad to hear that BMW quits. But wait, if condition inside formula1 improves by the season end, they can even think differently, why not?

The next 21 days looks like a whole year

Cheers!
myavu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 16:12   #132
Senior - BHPian

@wanderlust: He hasn't cleared it yet. I think there's a Ferrari fitness program for him to help him clear that.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 16:17   #133
BHPian

Lightbulb How about witnessing Schumi's comeback together?

Guys, how about celebrating his histpric tigether by watching the race on big screen? T-Bhpians in Mumbai, can we plan something for 23 Aug? If required we can start a new thread for this. Its going to be a great pleasure to see him back on track, lets add to the happiness by watching it together with fellow Bhpians
Evolution_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 16:27   #134
BHPian

Don`t worry ferrari and bernie will do anything to get him in the sport. Super license will not be an issue. With shumi comes viewership, sponsors and money. I am sure bernie will not leave this opportunity to make as much money as possible.
Abbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 16:51   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

My prediction: Expect far more and aggressive use of KERS by the maestro. Should lead to great overtaking!!
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote