Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 12th October 2009, 16:48   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post

That WAS his first question.
Why do you think I got everything about the steering wheel controls explained to me?

But on a serious note, this event was a fantastic learning experience for the car enthusiast. First hand interactions with engineers, the mechanics and the rest of the team is not something you get everyday. I was overwhelmed by the enthusiasm portrayed by them when it came to answering all our questions. We need more events like these.

Last edited by Dippy : 15th October 2009 at 11:21.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 16:50   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
But it was reported here on TOI BLR edition?
It's front page news in TOI Bombay edition too. I was totally disappointed reading that, how idiotic can our "officials" get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post

That WAS his first question.
I can totally believe Dippy asking that question, first up!

I wonder whether DC understood the "main chaloon" bit though??!?

From all reports, it seemed like a decent event despite only a single run! Now, I wish I'd attended it, if only to bump into t-bhpians.
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 22:56   #138
Team-BHP Support

Some official pics :

Uploaded in Hi-Res for your downloading and wall-papering pleasure

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-dg_india_f1_4004.jpg

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-dg_india_f1_4009.jpg

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-dg_india_f1_4015.jpg

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-dg_india_f1_4019.jpg

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-dg_india_f1_4030.jpg

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-dg_india_f1_4035.jpg

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-dg_india_f1_4037.jpg

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-pv_india-_f1_0001.jpg

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-pv_india-_f1_0003.jpg

Photo Credit : The Red Bull Team

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th October 2009 at 23:11.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 23:00   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice. I'm in the first couple of hi-res images. Perfect spot for the donuts.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 23:01   #140
Team-BHP Support

And the last batch of official photos :

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-pv_india-_f1_0002-custom.jpg

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-pv_india-_f1_0004.jpg

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-pv_india-_f1_0005.jpg

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-pv_india-_f1_0006.jpg

Photo Credit : The Red Bull Team
Old 13th October 2009, 11:13   #141
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the beautiful pictures Rehaan! Do you have the aerial view video of the event?
Today's TOI reports
Quote:
Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC) will consider action against organisers of the exhibition event, during which British former F1 racer David Coulthard drove a Formula One car on the Bandra-Worli Sea Link allegedly beyond permissible speed limits. “I have asked my officers to submit a report on
the event. Action will be considered only after it is established that the vehicle went beyond the permissible speed limits on the sea link,” MSRDC MD S Gavai said.
On reports that the organiser, Raging Bull, stands to forfeit Rs 14 lakh deposit for the event for violation of speed norms, Gavai said, “We will come to that after we receive the report.”
Gavai said, “We had asked the organisers to defer the event that was held on Sunday, but they had received necessary permissions (for that date).”
lol...Raging bull!! are they referring to me?
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 15:03   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manas View Post
I knew many bhpians would've been there. But, not having met any of them before, I might've walked past them - not knowing. :-)
I was standing right in front of the screen as well, was waring a red shirt and had come there with spiff, sadly as both our cars were unavailable we came in the Accord sans any stickers. We should have had a meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post

Our esteemed commissioner of police was in my books, the joke of the day. After posing with DC, and making his entire extended family pose with him, he then wanted to sit in the car. He nearly managed to put in one leg in the car before the red bull crew literally pulled him out! I shudder to imagine what will happen when F1 racing starts in India! Every dhoti and lungi totting politician, his PA and pet dog will invade the pits, spit paan and want to sit in the car!
Everyone watching him on the screen was laughing as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Thanks for the beautiful pictures Rehaan! Do you have the aerial view video of the event?
Today's TOI reports

lol...Raging bull!! are they referring to me?
Yeah I know what were you doing out there

Thank you officials for embarrassing/ruining our country's image again! How can TOI be so biased and ill informed. Gosh whats with the media of our country everyone wants to be live india or what?
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 15:20   #143
Team-BHP Support

Official Footage :

This was shot and put together entirely by the Red Bull Team. Some super shots and amazing video quality. Enjoy!

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st November 2011 at 16:41.
Old 13th October 2009, 20:08   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Told you, he was crawling. Not at all flat-out. But the road was bumpy too, video shows it clearly.

EDIT: HQ video was an interesting perspective. At 2:47 in it, the first track marshal ahead of the camera was me recording my video!

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 13th October 2009 at 20:11.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 20:22   #145
Team-BHP Support

I have never seen a F1 car bounce around so much. All one could see was DC's helmet bobbing up and down and the car bouncing as well.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 20:25   #146
Senior - BHPian

Wow

autosport.com - the Daily Grapevine: F1: Coulthard breaks bridge speed limit

Quote:
"We respect David for helping put the Link on the global map. But he crossed the speed limit and we will have to recover the penalty. We will not return the organisers' deposit," said a senior MSRDC official.

Organisers had paid Rs 35 lakh (£45,500) to the MSRDC, of which 14 lakh were held as a deposit.
Thieves.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 09:12   #147
Senior - BHPian

DC on his Mumbai experience

Quote:
“This afternoon has been simply amazing. To be part of Red Bull Racing Team and Mumbai’s first ever F1 showcase event ever has made this an incredible memory to cherish. When I look back on this I can take pride in the fact that I was part of the first Formula 1 team to experience the Rajiv Gandhi Sea Link in a Formula 1 car. Mumbai is such a vibrant city and its simply captivated me despite my short stay. I couldn’t have thought of a better city & place to do this event. Thanks to Mumbai and its people!”
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 09:43   #148
Senior - BHPian

a few pics taken by me during this event. have a video too but cant upload it as I was over excited and used a few explicit words to express my excitement

cheers
enjoy
Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-dsc00889.jpg

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-dsc00959.jpg

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-dsc00973.jpg

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-dsc00977.jpg

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-dsc00989.jpg

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-dsc00988.jpg

Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-dsc00997.jpg
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 11:05   #149

Hey Guys,

The official video Red Bull Speed Link Video is out....

Don't miss this!

Cheers,
Saahil
saahilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 20:40   #150
Senior - BHPian

Default After effects!

The after effects of DC's donuts!

Source: Red Bull Speed Link- Facebook page
Attached Images

theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote