Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 1st September 2009, 02:57   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Simply put, both gained an advantage and didn't give it back. Why no penalty? At least for consistency, the stewards should penalise both.
I think FIA is fine with it. It's not the first time this happened. Couple of years back, one of Alonso/Hamilton duo took the same escape route and went unchallenged by the stewards. I remember Kimi doing it earlier in the same corner too. I think the reasoning given by FIA is since the drivers are taking the longer route, they are not gaining any advantage, unlike cutting a chicane. Given the FIA's stand, i think it's completely acceptable if drivers take the longer route and make it work towards their advantage.
SilentEngine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 05:38   #137
BHPian

Very well deserved win. The main reason was the new Aero Package that was introduced to VJM02 Chassis as this was the first mid down force track. It will be very interesting to watch Monza as it also requires more down force.
Nitrous Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 08:09   #138
Senior - BHPian

What exactly is Indian about this?! The last I heard, the owner is an NRI, to reduce incidence of Indian income tax. Other than he, I don't think there is any Indian contribution to the team. I can understand this sentiment if Karthikeyan had even just finished in the points, but not for this, to be honest.
Btw, Tata sponsors Ferrari, so we can have such joy when Ferrari wins too?!
If some one has pointed this out already in the preceding hoopla, my apologies for not seeing the point in scrolling through all of it.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 11:03   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
The last I heard, the owner is an NRI,
This is Breaking News!

Any source to substantiate your claim?
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 11:41   #140
Senior - BHPian

^^ Is he talking about VM ?
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 11:45   #141
BHPian

Apart from all the talks about how India Force India is. Had Force India won. Surely it will be playing the Italian Anthem (Fisichella) in this case. Was wondering what would be the second anthem, I mean the team Anthem? English? or India? as it is based in Silverstone, Northamptonshire.
kaynmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 11:49   #142
BHPian

I dont think if Fischi had won the Indian national anthem would've played.
The national anthem of the constructor in this case would be 'God Save The Queen', since Force India is based out of Silverstone, UK.
And although they announced that they will be racing with an Indian racing license, i'm not sure if they have one.
Anyone else know which country license they are racing with?
paranoidAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 11:57   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
I think FIA is fine with it. It's not the first time this happened. Couple of years back, one of Alonso/Hamilton duo took the same escape route and went unchallenged by the stewards. I remember Kimi doing it earlier in the same corner too. I think the reasoning given by FIA is since the drivers are taking the longer route, they are not gaining any advantage, unlike cutting a chicane. Given the FIA's stand, i think it's completely acceptable if drivers take the longer route and make it work towards their advantage.
But look at the rulebook. It does not make a distinction between inside and outside of the turn. Remember Hamilton being penalised in France last year for overtaking Vettel at the chicane on lap one and then running wide after the pass? The official reason was that he had gained an advantage. Technically he went the long way around too and therefore should not have been punished. And even if you don't think Raikkonen was wrong, Barrichello was clearly cutting the corner and overtook at least two cars. Looks like the melee behind him let him slip past unnoticed.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 1st September 2009 at 11:59.
McLaren Rulez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 12:02   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Geeze why dont people check facts before posting?
See here:
Formula 1 : Team Force India F1 - F1-Live.com

Notice the flag before the name of the team? Does it look familiar? hello??

Now, Toyota team is based out of Cologne, Germany. Will they play German anthem for the constructors if and when Trulli wins?

This thread is turning out to be so similar to the one where AR Rehman's oscar award was being debated. Anyone remember that?

Last edited by amitoj : 1st September 2009 at 12:05.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 12:32   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Geeze why dont people check facts before posting?
See here:
Formula 1 : Team Force India F1 - F1-Live.com

Notice the flag before the name of the team? Does it look familiar? hello??

Now, Toyota team is based out of Cologne, Germany. Will they play German anthem for the constructors if and when Trulli wins?

This thread is turning out to be so similar to the one where AR Rehman's oscar award was being debated. Anyone remember that?
Yup! you're right. Checked it here List of Formula One constructors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Its definitely Indian Anthem. Its just that you hear the English anthem so often. It use to be Italian. Anyway, one more thing I've learned .
kaynmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 13:00   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynmantis View Post
Its definitely Indian Anthem.
I just hope i am not too darned drunk to even stand straight by the end of that race!
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 13:47   #147
Senior - BHPian

Force India in a real tangle over Fisi reports - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com
McLaren Rulez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 13:53   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
This is Breaking News!

A few year ago he was one for sure, based out of Dubai. What I do not know is his current status, that is why I had said what I did in a qualified manner, since I had no idea if he had changed in the interim, and is no longer having the NRI status in tax.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 14:17   #149
BHPian

Congrats to VJM and Fisci.

VJM is very well know in sounth for being a true Petrol - head... he deserved it !

Is fisci moving to Ferrario for the last four races ??
Weel Italian driver driving for Ferrari..at Monza..cant get better for Fisci..when force India havnt renewed his contract for 2010.
karizma_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 17:39   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
This is Breaking News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
A few year ago he was one for sure, based out of Dubai. What I do not know is his current status, that is why I had said what I did in a qualified manner, since I had no idea if he had changed in the interim, and is no longer having the NRI status in tax.
He is an NRI, wife and kids live in Sausalito California for the past 15 years. He decided to get out of India after VP Singh got him arrested. He is very much an Indian at heart though.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote