Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 2nd September 2009, 07:34   #166
Senior - BHPian

By a coincidence, todays local papers have raised the question - Is there anything Indian about Force India?!
It was refreshing to see that two of the four young people interviewed said no, there wasn't. A young woman answered that she will see it as an Indian team only when it has Indian drivers and Indian machines. From my standpoint, either of the two is quite enough to see it as an Indian win.
Btw, I also notice that Tata is now playing up its Ferrari sponsorship in the Indian media. Going by how that reads, India won the race, actually, so we had a one/two - how come no one here is celebrating that?!! In many ways, Ferrari is Indian in more ways, what with the TCS support for IT/software developments in the Ferrari cars, in addition to sponsorship.
I will still maintain that there has been no bright spot in F1 for India, post Karthikeyan, and all of this is much ado about nothing very special.

Last edited by Sawyer : 2nd September 2009 at 07:42.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:29   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I will still maintain that there has been no bright spot in F1 for India, post Karthikeyan, and all of this is much ado about nothing very special.
Agree 100%. As I mentioned earlier, had Narain been selected as at least a test or reserve driver in the team, the fan support here would have been phenomenal. What has happened right now is just a victory for team kingfisher. A mere equivalent of a sick scotch mfr in Scotland being taken over by UB and turning around in short time. Nothing more, nothing less.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:06   #168
Senior - BHPian

Sawyer & Gansan, you are entitled to your opinions!

For me, it was a victory of a Indian team & I am proud of it!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:35   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Sawyer & Gansan, you are entitled to your opinions!

For me, it was a victory of a Indian team & I am proud of it!
I agree a million times over!

It has put the name "INDIA" on the map of Formula1 racing. It is quite easy to say that oh the team has no indian driver, no indian mechanic, no indian chaprasi so it is not Indian. Do they expect Mallya to hire gokart mechanics just so that they are Indian? Experience takes time and patience sweethearts.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:59   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I agree a million times over!

It has put the name "INDIA" on the map of Formula1 racing. It is quite easy to say that oh the team has no indian driver, no indian mechanic, no indian chaprasi so it is not Indian. Do they expect Mallya to hire gokart mechanics just so that they are Indian? Experience takes time and patience sweethearts.
Thanks for that pearl of wisdom! IMHO India was put on the map of F1 when Narain Karthikeyan drove in F1, and not now. Nobody expects Mr.Mallya to hire go-kart mechanics and rookie drivers either. But before doing a patriotic war dance, ponder what he has done to contribute towards training an Indian driver/crew. Would it be too much for us to expect Narain/Karun/Armaan as a test driver? Experience takes time and patience, but how will it come if the Indian owner of an F1 team is least bothered?

Last edited by Gansan : 2nd September 2009 at 12:00.
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:02   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
You are a gem !!! You don't really understand the subtle and not so subtle ways the media operates, do you ?
Ok. I am stupid. Do you have proof to say that the Miss Universe was rigged. Any documentary evidence or anything at all? Or even some evidence about the F1 podium by Force India? Or is it your own rambling and opinion?

I am sure you even doubt the Oscar won by AR Rehman.

Everyone has a right to his or own opinion. I think they deserved to win from what i saw. You think they won because its a conspiracy, live with it. Don't have to impose it on others.

My post about Miss Universe being won was my opinion i didn't say you had to accept it.

The truth is they won, you like it or not. It will go down in history as a first.

How come you know so much about media? Care to enlighten us. I will be thankful.

PS: You will find your calling in another thread - The Moon Landing Conspiracy. You will enjoy your time there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Don't waste your time. He was the first one to doubt the authenticity of the outcome of IPL season 2 with the question "How many think the IPL season 2 was rigged?"
SAAAAAAAR, you have a problem with me spell it out. Don't get personal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
But before doing a patriotic war dance, ponder what he has done to contribute towards training an Indian driver/crew. Would it be too much for us to expect Narain/Karun/Armaan as a test driver? Experience takes time and patience, but how will it come if the Indian owner of an F1 team is least bothered?
He did select Indian Girls as Pit Girls. Next time watch closely. Is that good enough for you? Isn't that patriotic?

Mind you Pit Girls play a big role in F1.

Last edited by Spitfire : 2nd September 2009 at 12:06.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:12   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
He did select Indian Girls as Pit Girls. Next time watch closely. Is that good enough for you? Isn't that patriotic?

&*&*&*#@: The pit girls are lucky man - They get to watch the races, hear the F1 engine roar while we sit and speculate whether the sport is rigged or not. Shame on us.

BTW @ Spitfire:
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:15   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I apologize, I did not notice. Next time I will keep my eyes peeled!
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:19   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SAAAAAAAR, you have a problem with me spell it out. Don't get personal.
Wow, so if you question authenticity of some event its perfectly fine. And when some others do it on this forum you have to become the only patriot here to save the grace ? Is it ? How convenient.
Personal! Pah. Nothing to get twitchy about it.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:41   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that pearl of wisdom! IMHO India was put on the map of F1 when Narain Karthikeyan drove in F1, and not now. Nobody expects Mr.Mallya to hire go-kart mechanics and rookie drivers either. But before doing a patriotic war dance, ponder what he has done to contribute towards training an Indian driver/crew. Would it be too much for us to expect Narain/Karun/Armaan as a test driver? Experience takes time and patience, but how will it come if the Indian owner of an F1 team is least bothered?
O you are most welcome for the pearls of wisdom. I try to help out where it is needed the most

Karthikeyan came and left. The only time he got on the podium was when there were four cars on the track. I acknowledge his efforts and hard work he put in to get on to the race track in an F1 car, but IMVHO, India's image has been boosted more by FI.

Like i said earlier also, it is very easy to take the high ground if you dont have your eyes on the ground realities. Let me know if you have a breakup of an F1 team's expenses that allows for settnig up training crews and drivers in a country that is yet to get its first F1 track.

Quote:
I am sure you even doubt the Oscar won by AR Rehman.

Dont you know Spitfire??? AR Rehman got the Oscar because the band Pussycat Dolls wanted to sell their version of Jai Ho in India!
And good one about Pit Girls.

Last edited by amitoj : 2nd September 2009 at 12:45.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:53   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post

Like i said earlier also, it is very easy to take the high ground if you dont have your eyes on the ground realities. Let me know if you have a breakup of an F1 team's expenses that allows for settnig up training crews and drivers in a country that is yet to get its first F1 track.
No moral high ground. Just dismay. I don't have a break-up of an F1 team's expenses, but do have a fair idea. It is a chicken and egg situation is it not? Finally, if a person of Mr.Mallya's wherewithal can't (or won't), who else will?
No Indian driver/crew/car, no Indian victory. Putting in the money & management skills and just naming the team as Force India does not count.
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:59   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Putting in the money & management skills and just naming the team as Force India does not count.
And you think that's not good enough? Come on.. lets not argue for the heck of it.

Even if he wants to where will he get a crew/staff/engineers who are all Indian? And where do we stop with the being Indian bandwagon here? Start using MRF Zigma tyres on the F1 car because they are made in India?

Narain had his glory days, unfortunate for him Force India didnt happen when he made his break in F1. And frankly riding big money on Armann and others would be foolhardy like someone mentioned about the all Japanese Team.

Last edited by Spitfire : 2nd September 2009 at 13:03.
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:01   #178
BHPian

This thread is going off topic. The current discussion is irrelevant to the thread title.

Mods, request you to lock this thread.
watashi75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:03   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And you think that's not good enough? Come on.. lets not argue for the heck of it.
Correction. That should have been "does not count as an Indian victory for me".

And I was talking about taking an Indian driver as an under study / test /reserve driver to gain experience. He need not have driven in the races. Come on, Narain was the Face of Indan F1, he should have found a place in the team in a reserve capacity. In what way would he have been inferior to Sutil?

Last edited by Gansan : 2nd September 2009 at 13:08.
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:06   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
me
Ahh.... good enough. Thanks.