Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Closed Thread

Old 24th September 2009, 00:26   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Motor racing-Raikkonen future in doubt, Ferrari chief says | Sports | Motor Sports | Reuters

So Massa deserves another chance because he got hit by a spring and Raikkonen who won a title for this team doesn't?
NICE point, KIMI should leave ferrari & join mclaren, he will be well deserved there, ferrari dont value him..
Old 24th September 2009, 10:19   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Motor racing-Raikkonen future in doubt, Ferrari chief says | Sports | Motor Sports | Reuters

So Massa deserves another chance because he got hit by a spring and Raikkonen who won a title for this team doesn't?

Its not simple as that. Raikkonen gets paid what around $25m dollar, whereas Massa gets paid less than half of that and still is doing as well as Kimi and sometimes outperforming him. Obviously questions will be asked.

Also, Kimi replaced Schumi and the expectations were just too high. I was expecting the Kimi of 2005, but nope. When you see him in some races, it does appear that he is just driving the car for the sake of it. Now past 4 races, he has been superb, but we do not have Massa to compare. F1 is a tough business and money talks. But personally, I prefer Kimi any time to Alonso.
Old 24th September 2009, 12:33   #33
BHPian

Despite winning a c'ship at Ferrari, I really do believe the best drives of Kimi's career were in the Mclaren. That combination was breathtaking most times. Kimi at Ferrari has been very up and down, sometimes superb, but unfortunately most times behind Massa.

His recent form is good to see but I wonder how Massa would have done. This speculation would not have been thinkable in Kimi's Mclaren days.

That said, Massa has also improved by leaps and bounds since 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
But personally, I prefer Kimi any time to Alonso.

I would not like seeing Alonso in a Ferrari. No doubt he is a great driver, but he always has the habit of dissing the team he works for, remember Chinese GP 2006?
Old 24th September 2009, 13:24   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Its not simple as that. Raikkonen gets paid what around $25m dollar, whereas Massa gets paid less than half of that and still is doing as well as Kimi and sometimes outperforming him. Obviously questions will be asked.

Also, Kimi replaced Schumi and the expectations were just too high. I was expecting the Kimi of 2005, but nope. When you see him in some races, it does appear that he is just driving the car for the sake of it. Now past 4 races, he has been superb, but we do not have Massa to compare. F1 is a tough business and money talks. But personally, I prefer Kimi any time to Alonso.
Firstly, the maths you did sounds good but apparently Kimi has a watertight contract with Ferrari, which means that if Ferrari want to do away with Kimi they need to pay him through their nose. They'd rather let him race for another season, unless he is not interested in doing so.

Secondly, Kimi replaced Schumi because he was then the only driver on the grid to have the capability to do so. And come on give the man some credit. He won his 1st WC in his 1st season with Ferrari. Additionally just after Kimi started in F1, this is what Schumi said about him "I am not afraid of Kimi, but he is definitely one of the strongest rivals I have come up against”

Thirdly, Spanish banking major Santander is going to be a major sponsor for Ferrari 2010 onwards. I am sure they would like a Spanish driver in the Ferrari seat.

Lastly, the Ferrari of 2009 seems to be a tough car to drive and Kimi has just come to terms with it.

Kimi going back to McLaren seems like a long shot but not impossible. My punt is Kimi in a Brawn GP car.

Lets wait and watch!

Last edited by iceman7 : 24th September 2009 at 13:26.
Old 24th September 2009, 13:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ferrari have made it pretty clear that Raikkonen is on his way out. Although its not official, this many rumours means that it is obviously true. The questions have been asked and the solution has been found in firing Raikkonen. That should be the end of it but Luca D still feels the need to bad mouth him in public despite his stunning form over the last few races.

Quote:
His motivation will forever be question by those here. Comparing him with Massa is not the issue. He's won a title for Ferrari, played rear gunner for Massa in 2008 (and did that very well) and now after a difficult start to 2009 (car wise), he's had a spectacular set of races. Yet, Ferrari refuse to acknowledge him for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
I would not like seeing Alonso in a Ferrari. No doubt he is a great driver, but he always has the habit of dissing the team he works for, remember Chinese GP 2006?
Wherever Alonso goes, WMSC charges follow too.
Old 24th September 2009, 15:00   #36
BHPian

Hi,

I think Kimi has the potential to be one of the all time greats, ahead of Alonso, Massa and Hamilton. Unfortunately for him, Ferrari have not produced very competitive cars after 2004- Renault was better in 2005 & 2006, Ferrari were second best in 2007, when the Alonso-Hamilton rivalry enabled Kimi to squeeze through and Ferrari have been downright bad in 2009. Kimi had not been very consistent last year and his car in particular has not been nifty in these last two years.

Partnering with either Hamilton (McLaren) or Alonso (if rumours are to be believed -Ferrari) will always be a problem for any racer.

If Kimi is to leave Ferrari, maybe his best bet might be with Brawn, provided he manages to keep the edge on his car's speeds and handling in 2010.

The Mercedes engine has a clear edge in 2009 (witness Brawn, Force India and McLaren)- let's hope that continues if Kimi joins Brawn or even, Hamilton, errr McLaren.

Regards.
Old 24th September 2009, 17:33   #37
BHPian

This is ridiculous . You have a no nonsense guy who drives the car as fast as possible and wins races , has won a championship and Mr Montezmolo dosent show an ounce of respect to him . They support a person who I agree is fast , compotent but faster than Kimi ? I'll say Kimi has the edge looking at stats.
It is definitely not about money . The Marlboro money is as free flowing as ever and Ferrari dont have to bend over backwards to pay Kimi .
Just because Kimi does not be lovee dovy with Schumi and nerdy with the engineers does not mean he is worse than the Brazilian .
I just dont get the logic of assuring Massa a seat and keeping Kimi hanging in balance .

But whatever , maybe a change of team will inspire the Iceman to another blazing title and another set of record breaking fastest laps while a certain Brazilian and Spaniard set about devoloping f1 cars for the next generation and pose for photos with Schumi and love doing commercials .
Lets see Ferraris loss is whose gain?!
Old 24th September 2009, 20:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

Imagine if after all this, Massa comes out and his extremely slow. Luca D will have quite the egg on his face then.
Old 25th September 2009, 09:55   #39
BHPian

Yesterday's TOI sports page did have a very small column where Ferrari have expressed doubut over the finn's availability for 2010 inspite he having a contract till 2010.
Old 25th September 2009, 10:05   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Imagine if after all this, Massa comes out and his extremely slow. Luca D will have quite the egg on his face then.
I do expect Massa to be a bit slow to start. If he is completely alright, then he will be back on the pace. But I worry whether he will be truly fast like before the accident? :-(
Old 25th September 2009, 11:32   #41
BHPian

Kimi Fully committed to Ferrari for 2010 - The Official Formula 1 Website

It doesn't sound quite convincing though. Could this just be a stop gap interview to silence the speculations?
Old 25th September 2009, 12:05   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post

It doesn't sound quite convincing though. Could this just be a stop gap interview to silence the speculations?
Kimi is a team guy. He doesnt stir up any controversies and does his job. Unlike one Mr. Di M... who wants to keep making statements.
Old 25th September 2009, 14:14   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post

There is nothing new there from Kimi. He has always maintained that he is committed to Ferrari for 2010. It's Ferrari who want to throw him out, and making statements like what Luca DM did.
Old 25th September 2009, 14:23   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Just heard that while F have confirmed Massa for 2010, no so for Kimi!!
Old 25th September 2009, 15:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

F1SA - Motorsport: News channel - F1 : Steve Robertson - Kimi Raikkonen staying at Ferrari 'not 100 percent'

This article should give some more information on this. Looks almost like the scum of F1 is going to wear a scarlet race suit in 2010. Damn!
Closed Thread