View Poll Results: Who'll drive the Force India F1 car
Karun Chandok 51 68.92%
Narain Karthikeyan 23 31.08%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4th September 2009, 22:08   #1
BANNED

Default Force India - Karun Chandok or Narain Karthikeyan

Surprise surprise,

Flash news seen on TV, Karun chandok's dad saying " Karun is likely to get into Force India's F1 car soon" and also Narain Karthikeyan unlikely.

Some news to keep us guessing.

Though the Good news is Force India cars are now amongst the fastest in the grid, and what we need is only a good driver.

Lets see who's more preferred. How do i create a poll...?
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 22:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

My vote karun.this is what he needs to kickstart a great career in F1.and age is on his side too.also he has the right kind of mindset.He doesn't go around bashing A1 and then joining it too.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 23:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Keeping the future in mind, I think Karun should be groomed.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 23:06   #4
BHPian

I dont know to whom I should vote ! oh my god tough decision. But I am still doubtful about whether any Indian would definitely drive it. I think Liuzzi would take the seat !
rranjith_kum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 23:43   #5
BHPian

take both. Baari baari se chala lenge, Lol
abbey4u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 01:28   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Narian Karthikeyan is not in good terms with Mallaya...so the likelyhood of him taking the seat is really low. Opposite for KC who regularly hangs around in the F-I pits.

But what about Antonio Liutzi ??
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 02:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

My vote goes to Karun. I've seen him race in the gp2 series. He is pretty competitive and doesn't give up without a fight.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 02:17   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
My vote goes to Karun. I've seen him race in the gp2 series. He is pretty competitive and doesn't give up without a fight.
I hope you are kidding. He's done 3-4 seasons of Gp2 and yet qualifies in 7th-12 position. Keep in mind all cars are identical.

His Gp2 wins and podiums all come in the Sprint races where they reverse the grid (last finisher starts first) and shorten the total laps.
Old 5th September 2009, 02:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope you are kidding. He's done 3-4 seasons of Gp2 and yet qualifies in 7th-12 position. Keep in mind all cars are identical.
So you want to see NK back in F1 who finished 4th in a 6 car race at Indianapolis? He couldn't even beat his own team mate (which could have landed him podium finish). He has had his chance, its time to move on.

Whatever happens, KC can't possibly do worse than NK.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 5th September 2009 at 02:46.
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 03:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

I would say KArun Chandok as well! Hope this happen.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 04:24   #11
BHPian

Quote:
So you want to see NK back in F1 who finished 4th in a 6 car race at Indianapolis? He couldn't even beat his own team mate (which could have landed him podium finish). He has had his chance, its time to move on.
I still remember Narain was better than Tiago Monteiro in most of the season, but then he could not capitalise with poor qualifying in that particular race.
rranjith_kum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 05:10   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Whatever happens, KC can't possibly do worse than NK.

Shan2nu
Just stating facts here.

I agree, Indy was a rare and expensive goof-up by NK. Otherwise his performance was better than Tiago? that season. Who knows where KC would have finished.

NK has a better record than KC overall. He finished third in British F3 behind people like Button and Sato.

They did race together in the Nissan World series and NK easily beat KC.

KC was ousted from A1gp for lack of results. NK took over and the results improved dramatically..including poduims.

At 32, the only issue with NK on paper ......is age.

Last edited by Mpower : 5th September 2009 at 05:14.
Old 5th September 2009, 07:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

What happened to the third guy, Abraham something. Anyway, out of the 2 it would be KC.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 08:59   #14
Senior - BHPian

Is there a FI source talking about this? Somehow, I doubt if VM will suddenly go for a driver who he rejected a few months back. KC has not dramatically improved in form and FI will have really good drivers (Rosberg, Kubica, etc) queuing up for them if their cars are really as fast as they were at Spa.
McLaren Rulez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 09:07   #15
BHPian

Angry

I think its hightime we stop this act of criticising NK - everyone has their opinion based on Indy alone.

Narain,outqualified Monteiro almost entire season(barring 2-3 GP's).NK was the jinxed one,when it came to reliability amongst the 2005 Jordan-Toyota cars.He had lot of electrical \ hydraulic failures the entire season.

NK was consistently faster than Monteiro and I remember seeing him outpacing Monteiro on almost all races.

Monteiro did finish more number of races,considering the fact that he didnt have as many reliability issues as NK did and he always did a Luca badoer,which is, pussy footing across the race track - I for one would rate the person who drives the same machine faster higher.

PS:Have any problem,go to The Official Formula 1 Website and check the 2005 season results - it will even show teh starting grid.You will get to see what I am talking about.
jraj is offline   Reply With Quote