Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 10th October 2009, 10:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

^ Where did you get your info on Grosjean? Haven't seen much on him.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 17:14   #17
BHPian

The words from planetf1.com :
Quote:
Meanwhile, the departure of Flavio Briatore has removed one obstacle from Kovalainen's path back to Renault, though much the same could be said of Jarno Trulli if he exits Toyota. Either way Roman Grosjean looks set for a demotion when Renault make their announcement next week.
The link : Now Let The Shopping Begin... - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com
KRf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 11:42   #18
BANNED

Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA
Default Barrichello to Williams??

Name:  2586394217124102009.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  64.7 KB

Brazilian driver Rubens Barrichello, who is now in GP Brawn, the team will change next year. He signed a contract with Williams for the 2010 season, with the option - both parties - to extend the agreement for another year, as disclosed journalist Tatiana Cunha in a report published Monday in the Folha de S. Paulo.

In the drivers' championship this year, Barrichello is second with 71 points, against 85 of the leader Jenson Button, Brawn. There are only two races for the season: that of Brazil, on October 18, and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, on November 1.

Barrichello had already admitted that negotiating with Williams and other teams to remain in the top category of motor racing in 2010.

According to the report, although the arrangement between Barrichello and Williams have been defined for over a month, the official announcement should only occur after the Brazil GP and, where the Brazilian made five points ahead of Button in Sao Paulo and delay the definition of the drivers' championship to step the United Arab Emirates after that.

The paper claims that Barrichello currently earns US$2 million a year in Brawn and that Williams has agreed to pay him up to four times more plus bonuses for each win. The former Ferrari man is expected to race along side German Nico Hulkenberg next year.
Bumblebee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 14:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Stupid move! Now you know Brawn will do everything to ensure that Button wins and they keep the number one car next year. If at all he had a chance before this, he's lost it now.
Old 13th October 2009, 20:58   #20
BANNED

Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA
Default is it just for now or for the next season too???

Name:  glockkobayashi.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  160.8 KB

PRESS RELEASE:

Timo Glock to miss Brazilian Grand Prix

Panasonic Toyota Racing regrets to announce that Timo Glock will not participate in the Brazilian Grand Prix due to injuries he suffered in qualifying at Suzuka.

Timo was initially diagnosed with only a minor cut to his leg following his accident in qualifying for the Japanese Grand Prix, but subsequent medical checks in Germany have revealed a cracked vertebra. Doctors have therefore ruled him out of this weekend's race.

As announced earlier today at the Motor Sports Japan festival, third driver Kamui Kobayashi will replace Timo at Interlagos. Kamui took part in Friday practice at Suzuka while Timo recovered from illness and acquitted himself well despite difficult conditions.

President John Howett said: "Obviously everyone in the team is very disappointed and feels for Timo; we wish him a very speedy recovery. Based on the initial diagnosis, we fully expected Timo to return in Brazil but unfortunately a different injury has been revealed which prevents that.

"He will remain in Germany to recover and we hope he can recuperate in time for Abu Dhabi, although at this stage the situation is not clear.

"Kamui was the natural choice to step in and he proved in Suzuka that he is capable of holding his own. It is a difficult task for him but he knows the team will give him its complete support and we know he is motivated to make the most of this unexpected opportunity."

A decision on Timo's participation in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix will be made in due course.

Kamui Kobayashi's Career Summary
1996 SL Takarazuka Tournament, Cadet: 3rd
1997 SL All Japan Cadet: 1st
1998 JAF Cup West Cadet: 1st
1999 SL All Japan Tournament (S stock, D class): 1st
2000 All Japan Junior Kart Championship
Suzuka Kart Championship: 1st
2001 All Japan Kart Championship, ICA: 1st
Asia Pacific Kart Championship, ICA
Esso Formula Toyota Racing School scholarship
2002 Kart Euro Championship
Esso Formula Toyota Series (1 race)
2003 Esso Formula Toyota Series: 2nd
2004 Formula Renault Italia: 4th (2 wins)
2005 Formula Renault Italia: 1st (6 wins)
Formula Renault Eurocup: 1st (5 wins)
2006 Formula 3 Euro Series: 8th (Rookie of the Year)
2007 Formula 3 Euro Series: 4th (1 win)
2008 GP2 Series Asia: 6th (2 wins)
GP2 Series: 16th (1 win)
F1: Panasonic Toyota Racing, third driver
2009 GP2 Asia Series: 1st (2 wins)
GP2 Series: 16th (1 podium)
F1: Panasonic Toyota Racing, third driver
Bumblebee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 16:30   #21
BHPian

Barrichello's move to another team empties a slot at Brawn. Maybe Kimi can fill in?
iceman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 13:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

autosport.com - F1 News: Massa: Alonso knew about race-fixing

WoW! The Massa-Alonso fireworks are ON. Diwali special, huh?
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 17:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Well he's telling what we all know but I really think he should let it go. Its over and Massa needs every ounce of concentration on the next season if he wants to beat Alonso. And why rock the boat so early? It certainly doesn't help Ferrari, nor does it endear Massa to anybody.
Old 18th October 2009, 02:15   #24
BHPian

i think button will stay in brawn since he is leading this year and kimi may go for rally next year
himanshukalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 13:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshukalia View Post
i think button will stay in brawn since he is leading this year and kimi may go for rally next year
That will be horrible - I will quit watching F1 if I have to see the Hamiltons and the Alonsos of the world if an old fashioned pure racing drive such as Kimi goeas away. Kimi and Button are two racing drivers who don't allow their egos to get the better of them.

I am particularly irritated at the bias that commentators on Start Sports have toward a fellow national.

I watched the qualifying at Interlagos into the second session. Look at their positions. Although generalisations are incorrect and cruel, allow me this indulgence :

1. Kimi ( bad car, terrible conditions, outstanding driver)
Fisichella noted that he had to make at least 6 chassis settings in one lap in the previous race.
2. Alonso ( ok car, terrible conditions, good driver)
3. Hamilton ( good car, terrible conditions, good driver)
4. Button ( good car, terrible conditions, very good driver)

I rest my case for Kimi!

WRC here I come!!!

Regards
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 13:28   #26
BHPian

Don't consider the enumeration ( 1,2,3 &4 as qualifying positions). At the time when I had to go ( after watching the delay in the start of the qualifying second session, Kimi was #2, Hamilton was #18, Alonso was #16 and Button was #6. Kimi in the wet, in a buffalo of a Ferrari.

Regards
Old 20th October 2009, 01:05   #27
BHPian

Toyota have offered a contract to Kimi Raikkonen and Jarno Trulli :
Link :BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula 1 | Toyota await Raikkonen decision
Excerpts :
Quote:
Toyota say they have offered a contract to Kimi Raikkonen to drive for them next season.
"We don't play too many games," said Toyota motorsport president John Howett on the F1 team's negotiating position.
"We put on the table what we can afford and what we think is a serious offer in the current market," added Howett.

"I think genuinely we could work well with him, give him a car that's quick," added Howett, expanding on Toyota's hopes of luring the 2007 world champion to their team.
"We have had very good relationships with Scandinavian drivers in the rallying times that enjoy life and it works very well, so we could cope with it as a team."

"We have put an offer on the table with Jarno, I think that he himself is not dissatisfied with the financial offer, the bottom line to some extent is certain issues on the contract and I don't think they are negotiable from our side," said Howett.
"He may well be in the car next year but it's not at all clear."
Looks like an interesting prospect .
KRf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 09:24   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
That will be horrible - I will quit watching F1 if I have to see the Hamiltons and the Alonsos of the world if an old fashioned pure racing drive such as Kimi goeas away. Kimi and Button are two racing drivers who don't allow their egos to get the better of them.

I am particularly irritated at the bias that commentators on Start Sports have toward a fellow national.

I watched the qualifying at Interlagos into the second session. Look at their positions. Although generalisations are incorrect and cruel, allow me this indulgence :

1. Kimi ( bad car, terrible conditions, outstanding driver)
Fisichella noted that he had to make at least 6 chassis settings in one lap in the previous race.
2. Alonso ( ok car, terrible conditions, good driver)
3. Hamilton ( good car, terrible conditions, good driver)
4. Button ( good car, terrible conditions, very good driver)

I rest my case for Kimi!

WRC here I come!!!

Regards
I respectfully disagree. I think Jenson Button is one of the luckiest drivers in F1 ever, and he just happened to be at the right place at the right time. Without the championship winning car Ross Brawn made for him, he would've been nowhere near the top. It took him until the penultimate race to wrap up the championship, which he should've done 4 races back.

Kimi, Alonso and Hamilton on the other hand are genuinely talented drivers, and either one of them in a Red Bull or Brawn this year could've won the driver's chamionship easily.

I would like to see Vettel in a Ferrari or a McLaren. I think he is the next Kimi.
sujaylahiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 12:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
I respectfully disagree. I think Jenson Button is one of the luckiest drivers in F1 ever, and he just happened to be at the right place at the right time.
He's had tons of bad luck over the years. It had to change! And he is certainly as deserving a champ as any other. He's driven a very very good season this year and beaten genuine rivals in Barrichello and Vettel.
Old 20th October 2009, 15:52   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
I respectfully disagree. I think Jenson Button is one of the luckiest drivers in F1 ever, and he just happened to be at the right place at the right time.
Kimi, Alonso and Hamilton on the other hand are genuinely talented drivers, and either one of them in a Red Bull or Brawn this year could've won the driver's chamionship easily.

>>> One has to be at the right place at the right time. As Hamilton was in 2007-08. As Alonso was in 2005-06. As Schumi was in Ferrari in the early part of this decade.As Moss was definitely not, with his insistence on driving ( uncompetitive British manufactured cars).

You can't win otherwise.

I would like to see Vettel in a Ferrari or a McLaren. I think he is the next Kimi.
Without the championship winning car Ross Brawn made for him, he would've been nowhere near the top. It took him until the penultimate race to wrap up the championship, which he should've done 4 races back.

>>>Without the championship winning Ferraris during Schumi's time, where would he be? Would he have been equally productive in a Jaguar, or in a Jordan or Toro Rosso of those years? Without the championship winning McLaren in 2007-08 where would Hamilton be? Where would Alonso be?

That's obvious. That luck is required is obvious too.

That's what I had implied in my post: you have to be good in a bad car in bad conditions ( as Kimi was in the Brazilian GP qualifying) to realise how good one is. I don't see much difference between Button and Hamilton(or even Alonso for that matter) except that the latter two were packaged and mentored well at their respective teams-nothing wrong with that- and hence showed better results) as compared to Button.

I am simply comparing performances and not driving styles, and definitely not going overboard by the partisan approach of commentators who prefer their countrymen over other important considerations.

Regards