Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 20th October 2009, 17:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Without the championship winning car Ross Brawn made for him, he would've been nowhere near the top. It took him until the penultimate race to wrap up the championship, which he should've done 4 races back.

I am simply comparing performances and not driving styles, and definitely not going overboard by the partisan approach of commentators who prefer their countrymen over other important considerations.

Regards
I completely disagree, if you notice his driving was not consistent through out the racing year, at the beginning he was extremely aggresive, and when he noticed he had quite a lead, he got a bit conservative, and again he proved his mettle by during Sao-paolo he started @ 14th but ended at an impressive 5th.

Agree that a bad car and a good driver will not lead anywhere, but similarly a good car and a bad driver too will not lead to any positive results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
He's had tons of bad luck over the years. It had to change! And he is certainly as deserving a champ as any other. He's driven a very very good season this year and beaten genuine rivals in Barrichello and Vettel.
Completely agree to that.

cheers
ac
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 18:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

Brawn had a great car to start with but it was certainly not the best towards the end. We had many races with Red Bull, Ferrari and Mac outperforming Brawn. Still Button drove beatifully to limit his points losses when he couldn't win and managed to get those stonking six wins at the start. A great season from him!

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 20th October 2009 at 18:09.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 18:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

I am wishing Kimi joins Force India. He & Sutil will surely make this team proud.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 09:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I am wishing Kimi joins Force India. He & Sutil will surely make this team proud.
+1. At least he will get a car that doesn't need 5 or 6 setting changes per lap - and, hopefully, he will get the recognition he deserves.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 09:46   #35
BHPian

Being a big fan of Kimi, I would really like to see him in F1 2010 season.
Mclaren would be a good option as the car has been reliable in and has been at a good pace if we look at hamilton's car.
RishiSuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 16:11   #36
BHPian

Brunno Senna is all set to get a drive for next year . Renault might test him at the end of the season and he is already talking to Manor and Campos
Excerpts from Autosport.com :
Quote:
"Things are looking really good," Senna told AUTOSPORT. "We are in much better shape than we were this time last year. We are dealing with a few teams and everything is coming together well. The fact that there are new teams means more opportunities for upcoming drivers.
"We are talking to most of the new teams, although not talking to US F1, and we are talking to a couple of the current teams in the paddock. But the best chances are with the new teams, and that is what we are focusing more on."
He added: "It is close between Manor and Campos. It is open still, not defined, and in the next two weeks we should have a good idea what is going to happen."
Nick Heidfield is also linked with Mclaren and Renault for next year .
Source :F1 : Heidfeld linked with McLaren and Renault - HEIDFELD - F1-Live.com
Lewis Hamilton reportedly does not want Kimi or Roseberg as teammates .

Toyota have confirmed that Kimi has got back to them with a higher pay demand which is "too high " according to Toyota but the matter is still open . According to them Kimi is currently speaking to two teams .
Link :F1 : Raikkonen's pay demands too high for Toyota - TOYOTA - F1-Live.com

Last edited by KRf1 : 21st October 2009 at 16:13.
KRf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

This would be quite something if Button joins McLaren. Though I'm still hoping for Kimi...

Motorsport.com: News channel
Old 23rd October 2009, 20:19   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
I completely disagree, if you notice his driving was not consistent through out the racing year, at the beginning he was extremely aggresive, and when he noticed he had quite a lead, he got a bit conservative, and again he proved his mettle by during Sao-paolo he started @ 14th but ended at an impressive 5th.

Regards
Agree that a bad car and a good driver will not lead anywhere, but similarly a good car and a bad driver too will not lead to any positive results.

Completely agree to that.

cheers
ac

>>> issigonis : ac,

Please read my post. I have not termed Button as the luckiest driver, quite the opposite.
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 20:22   #39
Senior - BHPian

Haug has denied the Button to Mclaren claim. That's that then!
Old 23rd October 2009, 20:33   #40
BHPian

Default October nail biting : where will Kimi be?

To be or not to be, is the question for Kimi.

Where will he finally go?
1. McLaren - Hamilton might not like competition at all- some reports talk about his 'displeasure'; if the reports are true, it will confirm speculation that Hamilton is a prized McLaren baby, much as Massa is at Ferrari.

There seems to be a problem there.

2. Brawn - likely and maybe mentally less stressful ( for Kimi, if he can ever be associated with any stress) - can happen if Barichello's exit happens ( to Williams?)

Still open

3. Toyota - contributors to this thread suggest that Kimi is asking a high price. A more fundamental point is will Toyota be competitive enough for Kimi to get a shot at the championship?

I am doubtful here

4. Red Bull - but both Vettel and Webber are comfortable here and there doesn't seem a case for any exit

Any other teams where Kimi can fit in and be competitive ?

That's the key - as I see it for now, it has to be either of McLaren and Brawn.

Regards
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 01:03   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
+1. At least he will get a car that doesn't need 5 or 6 setting changes per lap - and, hopefully, he will get the recognition he deserves.
hey, remember this team won the c'ship 2 yrs ago with Kimi and almost last year as well, coming away with the team c'ship. Fortunes change very quickly and Brawn is the perfect example of that.

I'd say next year is when MacLaren and Ferrari become the hotsteppers again since they have written off this season early and already turned their concentration on next years cars.

Kimi cannot do better than sign up with Maclaren or hope that Brawn carry on the from from this season and go there. These 2 teams are the only safe options for Kimi to get a c'ship winning car.

On second thoughts, how does Renault's lineup look for next year?
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 12:55   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
On second thoughts, how does Renault's lineup look for next year?
Kubica and somebody...
Old 24th October 2009, 14:55   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Kubica and somebody...
yeah, I somehow find that and somebody... intriguing! Renault seem to be looking to get fresh talent into F1, but they have been known to build championship winning cars and a certain former world champion has still not announced where he will be next season. Just adds to the intrigue
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 15:16   #44
Senior - BHPian

Well Kimi to Renault seems a bit unlikely. I'd stake bets on people like Heidfeld who is dirt cheap compared to Kimi and pretty quick too. Its mostly about Kimi's salary demands.
Old 24th October 2009, 15:21   #45
BHPian

Jean Todt elected FIA President. The Official Formula 1 Website

Always admired him the way he along with Ross took Ferrari and Schumi to the pinnacle of F1.

Hopefully F1 will steer-off all controversies and sport will come out a winner with him at the top.
H_Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote