Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Closed Thread

Old 20th August 2011, 17:26   #196
BHPian

Default Re: Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit)

Yes Krishna watching these live is a great experience. Being it on Indian soil would be the icing on the cake (I hope they don't mess up though

MotoGP is already in the final stages. Pretty certain it will be there in 2012.
Old 21st August 2011, 10:29   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkumar View Post
Just Booked my Tickets.
Which stands did you go for?
Old 21st August 2011, 11:07   #198
Senior - BHPian

Those of you who are going to attend the F-1 race, be sure to take ear plugs.

I attended the three F-1 races that were held in Phoenix Arizona, sitting in the covered grandstand on the front straight.

During my life I have been a member of a rock and roll group playing a loud electric guitar (Gibson), I have shot thousands of shots from high power rifles and handguns, I attended many 1/4 mile drag races with top fuel dragsters roaring down the strip and I worked for many years at a company that makes and tests jet engines.

Never in my life had I been subjected to the intense sound made by a bunch of F-1 cars!

While top fuel dragsters create a roar that literally shakes the very ground you stand on not to mention your entire body it is a low frequency sound, more like a giant roar.

A F-1 car SCREAMS with an intensity that cuts thru fingers in the ears and can give you a headache within minutes.

I noted several vendors selling earplugs when I first went to my first F-1 race and thought, "I can take it! I've played loud guitars, I've heard jet engines up close I've been to the drags."

It didn't take over 20 minutes during the practice event before I was looking for the vendor with the earplugs at any price.

In the following years I bought my seat in a less expensive location but I didn't forget the lesson learned that first year and I always had at least two sets of ear plugs in my backpack and one set in my ears.
ArizonaJim is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 11:35   #199
Senior - BHPian

I have never attended a F1 GP, but I imagine staging an F1 GP in the middle of a city with buildings all around, like the Phoenix Street Circuit, would cause a much louder noise than in a modern scenario of an open air GP circuit, without many obstructions or reflecting surfaces around.

Thus, though true that F1 cars are probably some of the loudest racing cars out there, and their shrill screaming sound is more likely to give a person a headache, I think your experience at Phoenix would have been an extreme one. If you were at an open circuit, you probably could have handled it.

But, there is no harm in carrying a few earplugs around anyway.
Old 21st August 2011, 12:20   #200
BHPian

Booked three tickets in the "Natural Stand South". The three of us will be travelling from HYD
Old 21st August 2011, 13:02   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
Those of you who are going to attend the F-1 race, be sure to take ear plugs.
Absolutely, this is a must. They will be sold at the circuit.
2011 FORMULA 1 AIRTEL GRAND PRIX OF INDIA, Buddh International Circuit.F1 tickets India

But why would you need more than one set? Any specific reason?
Old 21st August 2011, 13:10   #202
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for been a little negative - has any members seen the progress of the Track ? JP Group is renowned for delays , are we sure we don't have to fight for refunds in case this track is not approved in September for homologation by F1 authorities ? it was supposed to be complete by June . Can this be the reason why they are not selling Tickets directly yet ? They have delayed final Inspection to 1st September .

Buddh International Circuit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.aaformula1.com/2011/08/bu...rcuit-fia.html

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st August 2011 at 13:14.
Old 21st August 2011, 13:21   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Sorry for been a little negative - has any members seen the progress of the Track ? JP Group is renowned for delays , are we sure we don't have to fight for refunds in case this track is not approved in September for homologation by F1 authorities ? it was supposed to be complete by June . Can this be the reason why they are not selling Tickets directly yet ? They have delayed final Inspection to 1st September .

Buddh International Circuit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

F1 | All About Formula One: F1 Indian GP: Buddh International Circuit homologation inspection now on September 1st
Some posts earlier in the thread paint a more positive picture:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-m...ml#post2455923 (Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit))

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-m...ml#post2468044 (Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit))

It's still not approved, but i think it's only a matter of formality which is remaining.
Old 21st August 2011, 17:07   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Can this be the reason why they are not selling Tickets directly yet ? They have delayed final Inspection to 1st September .
Well, the Korean GP track was finally cleared a week before the event last year so its still a bit early for alarm bells
Old 22nd August 2011, 02:42   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Absolutely, this is a must. They will be sold at the circuit.
2011 FORMULA 1 AIRTEL GRAND PRIX OF INDIA, Buddh International Circuit.F1 tickets India

But why would you need more than one set? Any specific reason?
I am one of those types of people who always tries to plan ahead "for the worst".

Between the practice sessions or the qualifying there are always lulls where quiet returns.
During these I think it is always nice to be able to talk to others around me and removing my earplugs helps my aging ears hear what the others are saying. Of course once removed, small things like earplugs are easy to drop.
Many of the grandstands at large events often have gaping areas next to the footboards where you walk to your seat, where even fairly large items can fall thru to land who knows where down below where your setting. Of course if this happens to something as small as an earplug it will be gone forever, even if the area underneath the grandstand is open to allow walking under them so you can look for them (and often they are not open to people).

Everything at one of these F-1 races is expensive, earplugs included.
Earplugs bought at the event can easily cost 10-20 times what their prices would be if they were bought at some regular store days or weeks ahead of the race. To my mind this makes having a few extra pair a good idea.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:58   #206
BHPian

What do you think is the best location or seats to book? Since this is going to be the first F1 I will ever attend (if wife can be convinced) I dont know what are the best possible seats - other than the grandstand as I cant afford it? I was thinking the second best places would be 1) classic Stand north, 2)Classic Stand west 2 or 3) Natural stand South. Any advise?

Also any idea why the F1 sub-site does not have tickets available for India?

Last edited by gtonsing : 22nd August 2011 at 11:09. Reason: added a querry
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:34   #207
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Re: Updates on the Indian F1 track (Buddh International Circuit)

More updates on Indian F1 track here Facebook and here Buddh International Circuit - Construction Update | Facebook too.
Lot of work pending.

Finger crossed!

Cheers!

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 22nd August 2011 at 15:39.
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:59   #208
Senior - BHPian

Things seem largely on track to me. Most of the track and barriers are ready, except for the pit straight and pit lane itself. Most of the stand and buildings require just the final touches and then you have the clean up work.

Things should be in shape by early October from the looks of it.
Old 23rd August 2011, 13:28   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
Everything at one of these F-1 races is expensive, earplugs included.
Earplugs bought at the event can easily cost 10-20 times what their prices would be if they were bought at some regular store days or weeks ahead of the race. To my mind this makes having a few extra pair a good idea.

+1. Earplugs are must and no harm in having an additional pair as a backup. Sound of that F1 engine is no less than a Jet thundering in the sky.

Some local communities here in Melbourne are fighting to get the GP out of the city because of noise pollution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
What do you think is the best location or seats to book? Since this is going to be the first F1 I will ever attend (if wife can be convinced) I dont know what are the best possible seats - other than the grandstand as I cant afford it? I was thinking the second best places would be 1) classic Stand north, 2)Classic Stand west 2 or 3) Natural stand South. Any advise?

Also any idea why the F1 sub-site does not have tickets available for India?

For those of us who cant afford to shell out 35k for Grand Stand, my recommendation is to get the tickets for the area next to the Grand Stand. Reason - After the race, organisers usually allow people to assemble on the track in front of grand stand for Prize Giving Ceremony. You donít wanna miss that. If you are far off then you wonít be able to make it on time. Here in Melbourne they allow spectators to walk on the tarmac after the race. Not sure Indian organisers will allow it though.

For those who are still not decided on attending the GP - convince your wives and book the tickets now! Take your family along. It will be the experience of a lifetime.
Old 23rd August 2011, 14:39   #210
BHPian

I agree about the plugs. Made the mistake of not having them handy when I was at the Singapore GP a couple of years ago (someone was kind enough to offer me a pair and I said no )

Not sure how the seating is going to be, but if the cars are going to come within 10-15 meters of you then it will be very very loud. It will begin to get a little unconformatable as there will be only a few seconds (less as the race progresses) for ur ears to adjust to the lull after the last car has gone by.
Closed Thread