Old 16th August 2005, 16:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Rubens goes to BAR

So finally Rubens goes to BAR !

read this
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2005, 17:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

that was nearly fixed.let's see how he fares against MS.

i dont think he can become a world champion.Eddi irvine tried to do something similar but everyone knows where he landed up.

so who will be No 2 a Bar.if button is getting that spot seeing rubens WC ambitions he will be definately running to Williams.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 16th August 2005 at 17:16.
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2005, 18:05   #3
BHPian

I am quite sure that Jenson will be going to Williams next season, so Rubens will be no.1 driver for team. He has got good experience working with Ferrari for 6 years. He will be championship contender for sure if BAR give him good car.
sridhar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2005, 18:34   #4
BHPian

personally i dont think it was a nice idea for rubens to leave ferrari.i feel ferrari is a much better team than BAR though they are not winning many races lately.it would have been better sticking to ferrari,but rubens is a great driver and i sincerely wish him all the best!!
carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2005, 02:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

we'l finally get to see what RB is made of..
i'm glad he's left ferrari.. he wudnt have won a WDC in a million yrs
i'm still not saying he'l win at BAR.. but he does have better than a million in one chance !
Hatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2005, 11:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

great move for Rubinho .. should have done it earlier .. a fine driver wasting away his potential at Ferrari .. he deserves more attention than he gets ..

so now Massa moves to Ferrari .. he'll be all to happy to play second fiddle .. and he is a good driver too ..

Jenson will probably lose out again if he has to move to Williams .. since the team will take some time to claw back into contention .. they are switching to Cosworth engines from 2006 .. don't think they will have a competitive car for most of next season ..
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2005, 17:21   #7
BHPian

finally rubens wont be playing second fiddle to anyone..... his full potential could be seen if bar honda gives him a good car...
redrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2005, 18:20   #8
BHPian

Good luck to rubens, He was really shadowed by schumi in the ferrari team, Hope he'll get a better chance to show his talents...
kphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2005, 18:54   #9
BHPian

I don't think Rubens is in Schumi's class and if he is, he should have proved it by beating schumi. I agree Ferrari did impose team orders but it is only in the end of season because schumi had better chance of winning championship. Speaking about talent Schumi is definetly more talented which we all are seeing in the current season, Rubens is just not able to do as well as his team mate. So in 2006 let's see if he can really win championship.
sridhar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2005, 12:42   #10
BHPian

rubens may not be of schumi's class, but its a great move for him and yeah he should have done it much earlier... the BAR may not be as fast as the ferrari, but it does give rubens a chance a the WDC, and yeah he gets a chance to go head to head with michael and not pull back... i dont think he can contend for the championship, well who knows what might happen next season, which car will be faster and which will be reliable, BMW leaving williams could mean that button cars may not be that fast next year, honda may improve and be faster than the ferrari..... lots could happen.... there were so many surprises this season... ppl are still wondering why schumi is not performing... so u cant say anythin for next year yet atleast...
papps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2005, 21:21   #11
BANNED

I think that Rubino is FINALLY gonna get to show what he is made of.. good move rubins
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2005, 15:36   #12
Senior - BHPian

What i want to see is Ruben's face when he woke up one day and realised that Schumacher was being favoured at Ferrari. I don't think Rubens is WDC material but he should be able to give Schumacher a run for his money from time to time in a BAR. God forbid, that ever happened in a Ferrari. I am also puzzled as to why Button is so keen to drive along side Rubens. The cynical me thinks its 'cos he expects the same support at BAR that Rubens gave to Schumacher at ferrari.
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2005, 00:35   #13
BHPian

i dont quite agree with all you guys.
i think rubens should have stuck with ferrari. who knows if michael does retire in 2007, he could have gotten promote to #1.
besides with ferrari, apart from 2005, he stood at the very least 3rd in the driver's table.
now with BAR, lets see, may be 6th or 7th...:(
amitverma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2005, 16:24   #14
Senior - BHPian

Amit, i think Rubens has come to a stage in his career where he has a bit more self-respect. In all the seasons apart from 2005 he stood at least third. yes, he did but the difference to michale in terms of points could have been much less had he been given equal treatment (but he would not have been able to beat Michael to the WDC). Besides, BAR right now is at about the same pace as Ferrari. So its anyone's guess as to which team will be better in 2006. And also, Rubens is in his thirties now and has not had a realistic chance of getting the WDC and staying at Ferrari would not have improved his chances as Jean Todt has expressed interest in taking Alonso or Raikkonen on board after Schumacher's retirement several times in the past. So all things considered i think its a good career move by Rubens but he still won't get the WDC.
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2005, 21:45   #15
BHPian

right, u mentioned he still wont get the WDC...right?
we all have already seen Eddie Irvine make the same mistake moving to jag...remember when everyone thought that if given a chance, eddie would become wdc at ferrari...but by moving to jaguar, he made his worst career move. he finished his career. rubens is a talented driver but even he has been unable to prove himself this season while michael still is fighting hard. in istanbul rubens qualified, i think, 11th, right? i am not too sure abt it.
amitverma is offline   Reply With Quote