Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

View Poll Results: Who will be 2010 F1 WDC?
Schumacher 53 43.80%
Hamilton 19 15.70%
Alonso 31 25.62%
Button 3 2.48%
Massa 7 5.79%
Vettel 7 5.79%
Others 1 0.83%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15th March 2010, 20:24   #91
BHPian

Smile Alonso - 2010 F1 WDC already ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal2Metal View Post
Here is a statistic: In the last 16 out of 20 championships, the driver who won the first race won the championship in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Can't beat statistics, can you?
Yes, but it also depends on which statistics you choose - here's the full list:

Formula 1 2010 - who will be World Driver's Champion?-f1_firstracestatistics.jpg

If you take only the past 20 years, the chances of Fernando clinching the 2010 WDC is 80%, if you take the whole 60-years of F1, Fernando's chances drop to ~48% (still, I have to agree those are betting odds).

P.S. Begs the question, what's it with first-race-wins & the WDC ?

Last edited by im_srini : 15th March 2010 at 20:27.
im_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 20:41   #92
BHPian

Interesting statistics there.. Im still surprised to see a lot of people are tipping schumacher for the championship looking at the poll results... While i would absolutely love to see him win i doubt if he has the car to do it with.. and with the scope of strategies greatly reduced im not sure how much Ross Brawn can contribute to that partnership.. He was and probably still is one of the best strategists in f1.. Guess its a waiting game now to find out..
liquidmetal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 21:35   #93
NGM
BHPian

I think Alonso and Ferrari will win it this season.Wish Schumi can bring back his magic.But it will take time and due to the new point system he may not be able to catch up the guys in front.So the order will be
1.Alonso
2.Vettel
3.Massa
4.Hamilton
5.Schumi/Rosberg
6.Webber
NGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 21:46   #94
Senior - BHPian

Liquidmetal, most of those votes are from pre season voting when no one had any idea about the cars and their relative performance. What's more, car development over the season can turn a slow car into a fast one like the McLaren last year. And I wouldn't conclude solely on the Bahrain GP's results that Ferrari and Red Bull are the fastest. For all we know, Merc and McLaren may not have found the right set up on this track and that could have made them slow. It'll take a couple of races before the pecking order becomes fully clear.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 23:44   #95
BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots........like..........this...........Thanks

So thats how the votes are what they are.. i had not realised this thread started a while back.. and yeah i do hope there are more than just 1 or 2 teams fighting for the title this time around... that would make for some interesting action... and i also hope they do something so the following races wont be as dull as the first one... I had so much expectations coming into this season... so i just dont wanna write it off like that yet.. im ready to wait if theyre ready to do something about it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Liquidmetal, most of those votes are from pre season voting when no one had any idea about the cars and their relative performance. What's more, car development over the season can turn a slow car into a fast one like the McLaren last year. And I wouldn't conclude solely on the Bahrain GP's results that Ferrari and Red Bull are the fastest. For all we know, Merc and McLaren may not have found the right set up on this track and that could have made them slow. It'll take a couple of races before the pecking order becomes fully clear.

Last edited by GTO : 17th March 2010 at 18:07. Reason: Note from Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots........like..........this...........Thanks
liquidmetal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 11:35   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Yes, but it also depends on which statistics you choose - here's the full list:

Attachment 308051

If you take only the past 20 years, the chances of Fernando clinching the 2010 WDC is 80%, if you take the whole 60-years of F1, Fernando's chances drop to ~48% (still, I have to agree those are betting odds).
I think stats for the past 2 decades say a lot. They show a lot of consistency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
P.S. Begs the question, what's it with first-race-wins & the WDC ?
I think the reasons here are:

1. It gives a good psychological boost and motivation to the driver. It also assures that the car is performing upto required standards.

2. It sets the ball rolling and gives a good head start to the winner. Look at Alonso. He already has a 7 point lead over #2 Massa.

As I said earlier, Lets wait and watch. Vettel and Hamilton seem to be very strong contenders too.
iceman7 is offline   Reply With Quote