Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 23rd September 2005, 04:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs down Michael Cheating Schumacher

I have been following F1 for ten years now. I saw Michael rob Dameon Hill of the championship by deliberately colliding in to him, and later repeating the same with Jacques. However this guy is prayed and idealized by many and gets away with breaking all rules. This latest incident happened after last Grand Prix. When Takuma hit Michael, Michael actually went and punched Taku after the race on his visor, and nothing was said and done about by the F1 marshals!!! Read below:

Now, you have had a bit of an ‘attraction’ to a few of the guys here, there doesn’t seem to be any bad blood between you.

JPM: No, you know, Antonio was on slick tyres and he thought he was going to be able to brake later but I think he hit a puddle and went straight into me, and I saw it on the video and that was fine. He made a mistake and it is not great for the team but you cannot change it. I don’t gain anything. I was surprised what Michael did to Takuma to go to him and actually hit the visor, I was surprised he got away from it. If I had done that I would have probably been disqualified for the rest of the season or something!
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2005, 05:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

the michael basher returns !

is that true ? michael hit sato?thats pretty messed up though ... i remmember last to last weekend when he collided with webber with an overly aggressive manouvere and the incident wasnt even considered by the race marshals..i clearly thought he made wrong move there ..

my F-1 season ended ever since i came to canada..gahhh

I dont idolise him ...if i prayed i'd pray for kimi and JPM ,but agreed M Schumi has gotten off with just incidents every now and then (including last season Monaca behind the pace car )..
turbo_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2005, 05:25   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw that incident live.

First of all he did'nt 'slap' Takuma, but made a gesture as if to brush his hair or something....like an older person would do to a naughty kid.
You gotta remember, MC is like 12 years older than Sato. I think its more a cultural thing.

But this is a tricky scenario because all drivers are from different cultures and the whole world is watching. It could be percieved differently in different cultures.

As far as JPM is concerened, lately his brain seems to have frozen. Same thing happened with Tiago and again with Antonio. Dosent the guy know how to pass a backmarker after all these years of racing. Just look at Alsonso and Kimi, they are blindingly fast and at the same time soooo careful.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2005, 05:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
I saw that incident live.

First of all he did'nt 'slap' Takuma, but made a gesture as if to brush his hair or something....like an older person would do to a naughty kid.
You gotta remember, MC is like 12 years older than Sato. I think its more a cultural thing.

But this is a tricky scenario because all drivers are from different cultures and the whole world is watching. It could be percieved differently in different cultures.

As far as JPM is concerened, lately his brain seems to have frozen. Same thing happened with Tiago and again with Antonio. Dosent the guy know how to pass a backmarker after all these years of racing. Just look at Alsonso and Kimi, they are blindingly fast and at the same time soooo careful.
I am not so sure you can blame someone for crashing when someone hits them from behind. I think you justify JPMs statement that had he made a so called gesture to hit someone after a RACING accident, he would have been banned.
Both accidents that JPM was involved in are different. Tiago has been responsible to crashing in to Trulli when being lapped and he did so with JPM as well. He continued to speed behind JPM after being lapped rather than to back off, and missed his braking point.
In case of Antonio, he was on slick tyres and was trying to unlap himself when he collided in to JPM. Antonio has been fined by the Marshals as they found him guilty for the crash!
Kimi is no super man that he has been made out to be. JPM couldnt compete in the races at the start of the year due to shoulder injury. This allowed Kimi to be the only possible contender for the championship this year. JPM has been playing the support role to Kimi in the last 3 races. He has vowed that he would help Kimi tommorow, but if Alonso is coming third, he will go ahead and win the race!

Lastly coming to MS topic, I am sure Michael had just intended to make a gesture that any 12 year old senior person would do. Just like he had not seen Damon Hill when he collided in to him, just like he had tried to rob Jacques of the championship by colliding in to him. Just like Ferrari decided to race in Indianapolis alone, although all other teams had agreed to race for the fans with a chicane. Just like Ferrari had robbed Michelin shod teams of championship in 2003 by influencing F1 to changing the tyre inspection rules mid season. Just like Ferrari and MS continue to test when all other teams have agreed not too!
I guess enough is enough. This guy doesnt deserve all this hype. In a bad car, he is as gross to watch as any other driver. It was Ferrari that was fast, that led to his fame.
And please for God sakes, being 12 year old to someone doesnt mean you have the divine right to hit someone

Last edited by aseem : 23rd September 2005 at 05:56.
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2005, 10:24   #5
BANNED

Default Sick Sick People

My God the saying is really true.. when a man is down there is no shortage of people lining up to kick him
Are people seeing things on TV properly..... or is this country full of wannabe hindi film makers... that see drama where there is none??
MS walked up to Sato and gave him what we would call a TAPPU on his helmet... nothing more nothing less....
So all the Drama Queens that want to read more into this..... DON'T!
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2005, 11:06   #6
Team-BHP Support

Looks like the beginnings of another heated thread here. Eeexcelent!

The Hill/Schumi incident can be looked at either way. Schumi had car problems, and if only Hill had been a bit patient and not try to dive down the inside in a 1st gear right hander, he would have won the Championship that year. If you expect a driver to leave a corner wide open for people to just drive through, that driver is never going to be a Champion.

The JV incident was all Schumi's fault, and he admitted to that, and was excluded from the Championship that year. Compare that to Senna taking prost off a few years before that. Senna never admitted that he "intentionally" took out Prost, so he was not penalised. That to me shows Schumi's character. People do funny things in the heat of battle. For you or me sitting at home in front of a TV to pass judgement is very easy.

Finally, the Taku incident. C'mon, you call that a slap!! Get real Aseem. It was one of the few races this season that Schumi had a chance to race competitvely and then someone goes and rear ends him. It's only human to get a bit cheesed off. And remember, this is not the first time Taku has done this.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2005, 11:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Here we go again... another Schumi bashing thread give me a break. Its really funny to see that anti Schumi fans dont leave even the slightest chance to pick a bone with him. I really dont think the Sato incident is worth arguing about anyways since everybody knows who was at fault. Like said earlier it was only a "tapli" on the head and a few words exchanged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
guess enough is enough. This guy doesnt deserve all this hype. In a bad car, he is as gross to watch as any other driver. It was Ferrari that was fast, that led to his fame.
Yeah right as if MS has been driving for Ferrari all his career. In a way Schumi along with Todt and Brawn was responsible for bringing Ferrari back from the dumps. Senna was an amazing racer and is considered to be racing God. But we all know he too never let anything come between him and victory.

We all know a race isnt won just by a car or only a driver but a combination of both.

Get real Aseem

Dippy
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2005, 12:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

MS career has been filled with contraversy for sure. But so is of others. As for belgian gp MS hit Taku's visor and also made some harsh comment. We will never know what he said as ms is not saying anything and taku did not hear it this is what makes it worse
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2005, 12:23   #9
BHPian

well MS gave Taku a TAPPU on his visor and got away with it, but if the same thing was done by any other driver then, what would have happened, would he have gotten a fine, penalty warning or something... MS is a great driver and no denying that and yeah being the favourtie he does get away with a few incidents...
papps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2005, 12:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Tomorrow if MS blows his nose, people will start accusing him of bad manners and unsporting behaviour.

If fast cars is only criteria, Barichello would have won at least half of the races or finished second to MS (I said second because Ferrari/MS is not "supposed" to let Ruben win a GP). And, Why Ruben? Ferrari won't even need Schumacher, even our Aseem can drive that car and win a GP. Afterall, he has the fastest car.

That indianapolis issue is been beaten to pulp. You won't get any juice out of it now!
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2005, 12:31   #11
Team-BHP Support

If he does get away with certain things, is it really his fault? It just shows the respect, & fear to some extent, the guy commands not just on the track, but off it as well. In his case, it has been rightfully earned over the years, and not bought like some of our politicians.

P.s. anyone remember Kimi shoving off the marshalls when he crashed out some time back.
Old 23rd September 2005, 13:08   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
.... Compare that to Senna taking prost off a few years before that. Senna never admitted that he "intentionally" took out Prost, so he was not penalised. ....
Hey did not Prost take off Senna a few years before that? 1984? 1986? or something?

Last edited by navin : 23rd September 2005 at 13:13.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2005, 13:15   #13
Team-BHP Support

No, I think Prost took (or tried to) him out after that episode. Not very sure now....

Either way, just goes to show that all World Champions have that same killer attitude.
Old 23rd September 2005, 15:39   #14
F50
Senior - BHPian

Why didnt he punch him, like he did to David
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2005, 16:03   #15
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hehe my 2 cents..as far as my knowledge goes MS tapped(whtever it was) and then made a hand gesture to sato to get out of the car..from where i saw it the gesture seemed more to be a threatening(get out as u had it type!!!) one than that of frustration..ya its true that if any other driver had done that he wouldnt have gotten away like our so called great MS did..dont know about the tap but the hand gesture should have evoked a few angry responses..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote