Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 30th September 2005, 15:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
My oh my !! Ross complaining of overspending !

Looks like Ross and Ron , both seem mighty shaken with the rise of Renault and Toyota .. They probably feel that only Ferrari and McLaren should play for the top spots .. the others need to be there to make up the numbers ..

What silly comment from both ..
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2005, 16:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
For a Schumacher fan to go about complaining that Alonso is an unworthy champion because he had too much luck shows a lack of knowledge and respect.
hello.who said alonso is an unworthy champion.but has he won the championship comprehensively like by taking 12-13 wins in a season.that is all i have to say.there is more to a WC than mere points.knowledge or rather lack of it comes by making such statements without understanding the meaning of what is desired to be communicated.and i dont need to prove how much i know about F1,8 years of viewing and reading about is more than enough i guess.

Quote:
And when Montoya pulls out an overtaking move like that on Schumacher, he is called an "unclassy driver"
there is a difference when u pass a driver by putting urself at risk of going out of the track and passing a driver by putting him at the risk of going out of the track.Montoya is known to do the latter.and this was only to prove that MS can overtake.dont read anything more into it.
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2005, 17:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
and i dont need to prove how much i know about F1,8 years of viewing and reading about is more than enough i guess.
no offence but isn't it about quality & not quantity ?

Quote:
there is a difference when u pass a driver by putting urself at risk of going out of the track and passing a driver by putting him at the risk of going out of the track.Montoya is known to do the latter.
looks like party has just begun

Nurburgring 2003 JPM has inside line, MS was on outside line
MS turned into JPM & spun
stop bashing JPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Looks like Ross and Ron , both seem mighty shaken with the rise of Renault and Toyota .. They probably feel that only Ferrari and McLaren should play for the top spots .. the others need to be there to make up the numbers ..
when did Ron Dennis said anything about over spending
thats a clear cheap shot
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2005, 17:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
when did Ron Dennis said anything about over spending
thats a clear cheap shot
Clarification ... I didn't mean Ron mentioned overspending ..
Ron - cribbing about alonso (which is the current topic)
Ross - cribbing about overspending
Both cribbing like kids ..

PS once again : I am a die hard McLaren fan .. the only team I have ever rooted for in F1.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2005, 20:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no offence but isn't it about quality & not quantity ?
Quality cannot be expressed in words.so to judge the quality of my knowledge u will have to come over and watch a F1 GP with me.what say are u game for the Japanese GP?
Old 30th September 2005, 20:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hello.who said alonso is an unworthy champion.
Then what does this imply?

Quote:
Alsonso won the championship but not comprehensively.he had good luck and a fast car when everyone else was busy visiting the sandtraps for one reason or the other.
Getting the job done in an inferior car.
Taking on and beating drivers with ten years more experience.
Always being in the right position to take advantage of others' mistake.
Staying ahead of 7 times WD champion who has a 2 sec per lap faster car.
Achieveing consistent podium finishes.
Winning 6 races in a season.

Surely, the factors above do not in any way contribute to a driver being great...right?

Give Alonso/Kimi/JPM the kind of contract Schumacher had at Ferrari, the kind of team-mate Schumi had, the kind of tyres Schumi had and the kind of car Schumi had and they would all go on to win 13-14-15 races per season.

Quote:
there is a difference when u pass a driver by putting urself at risk of going out of the track and passing a driver by putting him at the risk of going out of the track.Montoya is known to do the latter.and this was only to prove that MS can overtake.dont read anything more into it.
And do we really need to state how many times god Schumacher has done the exact thing that you are accusing Montoya of?
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2005, 21:01   #37
BHPian

On a completely different note, Kimi has kept his emotions under control even after losing and made some vague mumbles which sounded like "yeah.... we had a faster car and a good end to the season, but he had a good beginning. hopefully we can do better next year and we can do the constructors championship this year"

Though Im a McLaren/ Kimi Fan, I didnt particularly fancy Ron Dennis's public statement about 'Alonso can slip in the bath, cant he?' after the Spa debacle (From a McLaren 1-2 point of view)
rahulmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2005, 21:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

Unsporting Mclaren??

Read this: http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?T...al&PO_ID=34210

"Ron Dennis did quite a cool thing after the race. He gave a load of champagne bottles to his mechanics with the express instruction that they were to invade the Renault Garage and empty the contents over everyone in sight.

His orders were duly carried out, with the meticulous attention to detail that you’d expect from McLaren."
Old 30th September 2005, 22:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aloson HAD a faster car in the earlier par of the season and from what i have written if have the time to read it properly.what do i mean everyone was visiting the sandtraps?.it means when everyone else was having some problem or the other in the opening 6-7 races of the season.that is when Alsonso build that lead.

Quote:
Give Alonso/Kimi/JPM the kind of contract Schumacher had at Ferrari, the kind of team-mate Schumi had, the kind of tyres Schumi had and the kind of car Schumi had and they would all go on to win 13-14-15 races per season.
what do u mean give them the contract.the contract and respect are earned and not distributated like donations in India ration systems.have u ever wondered why MS gets what no one else at ferrari even had a sniff off.and are u telling that if one pays alonso 50M $/year he will be the best driver of all.Ms has comprehensively beaten RB and Irvine on more ocassions than not.
from the time Michilen have entered F1 again they have always had the better tyres than bridgestone.they only lacked wet weather performance.where the teams fools to switch from bridgestone to Michilen.

Quote:
And do we really need to state how many times god Schumacher has done the exact thing that you are accusing Montoya of?
who accused who?.u are the person who brought the out of context Montoya into this equation.i have no problems in agreeing that MS is a very agressive driver and has many a times put other into tight positions or has made agressive manovers to prevent overtaking.no one ever mentioned Montoya was this and that,u bought him into an agrument where he had no place.all i was answering was that some fellow member said that MS cannot overtake.
Old 30th September 2005, 23:11   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quality cannot be expressed in words.so to judge the quality of my knowledge u will have to come over and watch a F1 GP with me.what say are u game for the Japanese GP?
so you are saying
I should travel 200km during my exams period to watch a race with complete stranger who MAY OR MAY NOT know much about F1?
sorry I don't think so

besides whats this need for you to prove that you know better?

Quote:
Taking on and beating drivers with ten years more experience.
Always being in the right position to take advantage of others' mistake.
Staying ahead of 7 times WD champion who has a 2 sec per lap faster car.
Achieveing consistent podium finishes.
Winning 6 races in a season.
Alonso won championship period
anyone winning championship surely deserves it
Old 30th September 2005, 23:29   #41
Senior - BHPian

Default "Schumacher Who?"

Didnt want to start a new topic so thought I'd put this here since there is a lot of debating going on

Did anyone see one of the pit mechanics from Renault who displayed a t shirt saying " Alonso Champion 2005" in the front and "Schumacher Who?" on the back.

I was pretty much cheesed off with that. Here your driver wins the WDC for the first time and you go "Schumacher Who?"

Very unsporting IMO

Dippy
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2005, 23:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Didnt want to start a new topic so thought I'd put this here since there is a lot of debating going on

Did anyone see one of the pit mechanics from Renault who displayed a t shirt saying " Alonso Champion 2005" in the front and "Schumacher Who?" on the back.

I was pretty much cheesed off with that. Here your driver wins the WDC for the first time and you go "Schumacher Who?"

Very unsporting IMO

Dippy
maybe he ment as end of an era
common dippy take it in sporting manner

oh and by the way
ENJOY
Old 1st October 2005, 14:05   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so you are saying
I should travel 200km during my exams period to watch a race with complete stranger who MAY OR MAY NOT know much about F1?
sorry I don't think so
it was just a joke and still u couldn't get it.BTW if u dont want to come just say "NO,Thanks".i dont want to know what u think about me or what is hampering ur travel.

Quote:
besides whats this need for you to prove that you know better?
i think are the one who questioned the quality without kowing wether i have any knowledge or know,so i guess u should stop guessing about other people then.

Quote:
maybe he ment as end of an era
and there again u make another guess.what makes u so sure that MS era has ended and he is totally incapable of wining another championship.his era will come to an end when he will retire.

and about that t-shirt wearing renault mechanic,it was a poor expression.i dont think many will be amused.Many people in that team had worked with MS when he became a chapmion with benetton racing team(now renault).

Last edited by merve_extreme : 1st October 2005 at 14:13.
Old 1st October 2005, 15:13   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aloson HAD a faster car in the earlier par of the season and from what i have written if have the time to read it properly.what do i mean everyone was visiting the sandtraps?.it means when everyone else was having some problem or the other in the opening 6-7 races of the season.that is when Alsonso build that lead.
Correction, it wasn't 6-7 races. It was 3 races because Mclaren couldn't get their act together in qualifying. By Imola, the Mp4-20 was way faster than any other car in qualifying and race trim. So Alonso managed to maintain the lead he had obtained in the 1st three races until Brazil. An amazing feat considering he was indeed in an inferior car.

Quote:
from the time Michilen have entered F1 again they have always had the better tyres than bridgestone.they only lacked wet weather performance.where the teams fools to switch from bridgestone to Michilen.
The bridgestones on the ferraris were always better than Michelin until 2003. And then in 2003 Ferrari apparently accused Michelin of cheating based on "photgraphic evidence" 'cos they couldn't tolerate a bit of competition. And we all know who has been better in 2005. Most likely, Michelin will go on to win all the races this season. Something not even Bridgestone could do during their 4 year reign.

Quote:
who accused who?.u are the person who brought the out of context Montoya into this equation.i have no problems in agreeing that MS is a very agressive driver and has many a times put other into tight positions or has made agressive manovers to prevent overtaking.no one ever mentioned Montoya was this and that,u bought him into an agrument where he had no place.all i was answering was that some fellow member said that MS cannot overtake.
True, it was me who brought Montoya into this. I was just highlighting the double standards that most of the schumacher/ferrari fans have. And yes you did accuse montoya:

Quote:
there is a difference when u pass a driver by putting urself at risk of going out of the track and passing a driver by putting him at the risk of going out of the track.Montoya is known to do the latter.
and its only you who is over reacting about the "Schumacher who?" T-shirt. No one in the paddock has reacted to it not even MS.

Last edited by Deeps : 1st October 2005 at 15:15.
Old 1st October 2005, 16:05   #45
BHPian

Wink

Come on guys we don't have to argue on who's the best driver out there and all drivers are best in their own ways. I am sure no one is going to agree with the other and this will continue. This topic was all about Ron's comments and nothing related to drivers.

Last edited by sridhar24 : 1st October 2005 at 16:06.
sridhar24 is offline   Reply With Quote