Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 30th March 2010, 02:25   #1
BHPian

Default bedford Autodrome trackday

for those unfamiliar with this circuit, it's run by former F1 star Jonathon Plamer, in the midlands, where EVO magazine performance tests , and can be either configured as several circuits, or one very long high speed GT, guess what we booked!

we were originally going to do this 5 weeks ago, but the weather said otherwise...

and although we didn't have snow this time, the weather still played a huge part in the morning session which was a steep learning curve, with water wings:

but after lunch, the rain cleared, the clouds parted a little, and the track dried....

excellent, well organised day, with maximum track time available, even had a couple of laps dicing with a friend in his beefed up fiat 500

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our simple help article on uploading pictures. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st March 2010 at 10:46. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
jai-uno-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 20:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wow!
Nothing like a damp track to improve your skills.

Btw, Jai, What kind of prep work do you do on the car for a track day?

PS: Is that an E46 M3 CSL in the last picture?
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 10:48   #3
Team-BHP Support

Wow... looks like fun! Though the track seems to be quite a fast one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai-uno-t View Post
we were originally going to do this 5 weeks ago, but the weather said otherwise...
Its hard to tell whats in the picture! Initially i thought it was a shot of the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Add to that, if its not a CSL - why does it have the vent in the bumper patched closed? Or does it just look like its a patch up job in the pic?

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st March 2010 at 10:52.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 13:25   #4
BANNED

Pictures of the other Fiats present at the Track too please! Esp that black Fiat 500
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 19:50   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Btw, Jai, What kind of prep work do you do on the car for a track day?

give the car a wash,pump up the tyres, remove any rubbish from inside....that's about it! i check the usual, brakes have enough meat on them, discs are even, tyre wear, etc. but generally the car is my daily driver, so i'm not too precious about her.

i have no idea, although it was blindingly quick, and from what i'm told driven by someone with no track manners...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Wow... looks like fun! Though the track seems to be quite a fast one.

Its hard to tell whats in the picture! Initially i thought it was a shot of the beach
the area is flatter than a pancake, so you get a little disoriented as you blast round with no real features to get your eye in, i was doing 100mph on the back straights before the kink and the hairpin, did the same lap in a M3 could get 130mph, 911 turbo was about 145mph....terrifying!

that first photo throws a lot of people!
Old 31st March 2010, 20:12   #6
BHPian

not sure if this link will work:

bonnet cam view of a couple of laps!