Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 23rd April 2010, 04:55   #1
BHPian

Default Ferrari still wants Valentino Rossi to drive in Formula One

This is interesting, Ferrari already getting ready for the next year. Wondering in case the 3 driver rule doesn't get thru', will Massa be shown way to fit Rossi?

Quote:
If Ferrari gets its wish, MotoGP superstar Valentino Rossi might be trading up his Yamaha motorcycle for something of the four-wheeled variety, namely a Ferrari F1 race car.
Itís been no secret that the Prancing Horse has been after Rossi for quite some time now, making numerous invitations and overtures over the years for the Italian icon to switch racing disciplines.
And if the Scuderia havenít made their intentions any more obvious before, outgoing Fiat Group Chairman and current Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo pretty much let the entire world know about Ferrariís on-going courtship with Rossi. "We want a third car in F1 next year and I would do everything to have Valentino," he said. "When he wins this yearís MotoGP, enough is enough, he must also win in Formula 1."
Whether Rossi does make the switch is still up in the air, but if you ask us, heís dominated MotoGP long enough - heís won nine World Championships and is in serious contention for number 10 this year. Itís time he switch gears and add a new challenge to his already sparkling career.
And what better way to do that than hitting up Formula One?
Source topspeed.com
kraft.wagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:54   #2
Team-BHP Support

Rossi has been doing test runs for Ferrari for quite sometime now. So this does not come as a surprise.

Its a mix feeling for me personally, I love him on 2-wheels and dont want to see him in "second position" on 4-wheels
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:03   #3
BHPian

mobike : same feeling here... but i guess rossi has rubbished a lot of rumours on moving to F1. he says he still wants to be in MotoGp and be more competitive. And will continue testing Ferrari.
SohailPistawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 12:57   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ferrari may want to, but do they have the room? Their current driver lineup - Alonso & Massa - is exceedingly strong. Fonso was always quick, Massa is now showing consistency in race pace too. Plus, this is Fonso's 1st year with Ferrari, and either driver is young enough for a long F1 career ahead.

I don't think Rossi is moving to Ferrari anytime in the near future.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 13:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

Can't see Massa sticking around at Ferrari for very long. He simply hasn't got it right so far and I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari are looking for a replacement. But I thought their eyes were on Kubica.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 13:49   #6
Team-BHP Support

Rossi and Alonso in one team will be like Hamilton and Alonso at McLaren. Both have a burning desire and the capability to be the best in the business. If the report is true, we can expect fireworks at Ferrari.
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 13:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

A MotoGP rider moving from 2 wheels to 4 in F1 will be a disaster.
It will be worse than an F1 driver moving to WRC or an F1 driver getting back after a 3 year break.

Honestly, I think this news is a distraction. They make you look in one direction while they're getting Kubica sign a contract right behind you.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 12:20   #8
BHPian

While i think Rossi is great and has a very competitive nature much like Fernando, i doubt if he'll be any threat to him being new in the sport, should he ever get in. Also if someone has to make way for Rossi or Kubica at Ferrari then it would have to be Massa cos Alonso is way too big an asset for Ferrari for them to lose him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Rossi and Alonso in one team will be like Hamilton and Alonso at McLaren. Both have a burning desire and the capability to be the best in the business. If the report is true, we can expect fireworks at Ferrari.
liquidmetal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 13:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

+1 to Nitrous!

Watch out for Kubica at Ferrari soon!
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 23:55   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Honestly, I think this news is a distraction. They make you look in one direction while they're getting Kubica sign a contract right behind you.
Couldn't agree more on this nitrous.
kraft.wagen is offline   Reply With Quote