Michael Schumacher 12 30.77%
Robert Kubica 0 0%
Adrian Sutil 3 7.69%
Mark Weber 4 10.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 9th May 2010, 21:25   #46
BHPian

Schumi's back!!! What a race that was. Totally made my day. The commentators said that schumi was holding up Button, but button could have pulled an overtaking maneuver on the straight with the F-duct advantage, but surprisingly could not. I could not understand what happened...

Great drive by all the top drivers, especially webber. Bad luck for hamilton, he had the podium finish in sight and the tyre had to give up.

All in all, a great race. I enjoyed it.
Old 9th May 2010, 21:39   #47
BHPian

Really unfortunate for Hamilton, with the punctured tire. Anyway great drive by Webber, he was unstoppable today.

What we've definitely established here is that Massa is no match for Alonso who has consistently outperformed his teammate. Looks like Vettel's all set to be Alonso's teammate from next season.
Old 9th May 2010, 23:11   #48
BHPian

Default Overtaking ??

The second race I was unable to watch. Working to get my DTH connection this week. From the reviews I read the overtaking was minimal though the race had it share of thrills.

So what do you guys feel about the new rules and overtaking? In the first dry European GP....will thi be a preview of future races?

Anyway I am happy for Alonso and Schumy!! The Merc had a lot of improvements and a longer wheelbase which I think is the most important change. Pity Rosberg was not able to adjust in time.

But the Red Bulls - Adrian Newey's design is so strong this year!!

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 10th May 2010, 00:55   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanik
Schumi's back!!! What a race that was. Totally made my day. The commentators said that schumi was holding up Button, but button could have pulled an overtaking maneuver on the straight with the F-duct advantage, but surprisingly could not.I could not understand what happened...
'The Michael' happened!
Its pretty simple.
To overtake someone, one has to get off the racing line and take a line that won't drop too much speeds off the exits of the corners. Button tried the outside, the inside and what not. The Godfather (Hail Thee) just kept slamming the door in his face.
After a while, Button just gave up.

Button was ridiculing Schumacher's poor form, just a couple weeks ago.
And two weeks later, he's trying his best to go past the same guy he was dissing.
What are the odds, heh?

Last edited by nitrous : 10th May 2010 at 00:56.
Old 10th May 2010, 10:53   #50
BHPian

it was a nice race but mercedes seems to have developed the car to favoring schumacher rather than rosberg so we can expect the same in the future; micheal having an upper hand !! pity rosberg though
Old 10th May 2010, 11:16   #51
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic driving by schumacher.
Webber was untouchable.
Bad luck Hamilton.
Well deserved 6 points for Force India & Sutil.
Old 10th May 2010, 11:40   #52
Senior - BHPian

Webber did a good job to runaway with the win. But the reliability problems for Redbull need to be sorted out ASAP if they have to dominate this year!

'The God' is back and I am waiting to see how the British media and the Schumi haters are going to take this pill .

However, It was an undigestable pill for Button and he had to let his frustration out to the media about Michael's overtake.

I am happy! A lot happier to see the Master showing the kids how to race.

Bad luck for Vettel & Hamilton. Hamilton needs to be more kind on his tires if he has fight consistently this year for the title. I am wondering what strategy would be played for Hamilton in Turkey.

The Ferraris were slower this weekend and it was big load of luck that got the espanian on the podium. It was a great result for the team!
Old 10th May 2010, 11:46   #53
BHPian

Hamiltons problem as lots of commentators pointed out seems to be with the rim and not of the tyres, some part actually flew before the Tyre assembly gave way

Old 10th May 2010, 12:09   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Hamiltons problem as lots of commentators pointed out seems to be with the rim and not of the tyres, some part actually flew before the Tyre assembly gave way

It looked like pieces of rubber from the tire were thrown away and then the whole unit finally gave away to the crash!
Old 10th May 2010, 13:09   #55
BHPian

It was better than the usual bore fest that Barcelona is, good to see Schumi back, with the car as per his liking he is only going to grow in confidence, I just hope Nico is able to adjust to the new car quickly and not make it a cake walk for Micheal.

One more observation, Webbo is untouchable on his day, and if he has a good car he is in his own zone, and Vetel is better if he is in the front, the pressure of a difficult car and losing out positions is difficult for him to handle.
Old 10th May 2010, 13:22   #56
Senior - BHPian

Only 4 people who took the poll thought that Webber would finish in the top 3. Those opinions are bound to change now. Good to see Schumacher back in form. Alonso is quietly collecting points. He realises Ferrari is not the quickest at the moment. He has become a master of making the best of the situation.
Old 10th May 2010, 13:55   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
it was a nice race but mercedes seems to have developed the car to favoring schumacher rather than rosberg so we can expect the same in the future; micheal having an upper hand !! pity rosberg though
hahaha yeah... Many say "when Nico gets in front, its his talent". When "Schumi gets in front, its the car!"

Schumi (and myself) was disappointed for not being on the podium, especially after being in P3 all through the Friday practice. Post-race, Schumi said he was extremely disappointed to be just defending positions (with Button obviously) and not being able to attack the front-runners.

Button said Schumi was over-aggressive when Button came out of his first pit-stop (when Schumi overtook him at the end of the back-straight). He's definitely gotta be feeling the pressure of seeing Schumi's rear-wing for 49odd laps.

Edit:
1) Ferrari bringing blue&yellow merchandise for Alonso's home GP!
2) Massa's low-key performance
Somehow I get the feeling Kubica has definitely signed Ferrari for 2011.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 10th May 2010 at 13:57.
Old 10th May 2010, 14:09   #58
BHPian

Sorry pavan; i still stand by whats said also it was very clear if one was seeing the race that vehicle was clearly over steering which is to micheals preference
one shouldn't be blind by favoritism to a driver

Cause for Hamiltons tyre failure as sourced from Espn F1
A stone is most likely to blame for Lewis Hamilton's accident | Formula 1 | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1
Old 10th May 2010, 18:49   #59
BHPian

Good to see Webber out there on the podium. He definitely deserved it after that drive. But more than that im happy to see schumi back in action up front. I hope we can take that as a sign of things to come in the future. As for Alonso, he's been consistently collecting a lot of points and i think is a very strong contender for the title if he continues doing this for a while. Lets wait and see.
Old 11th May 2010, 17:36   #60
Senior - BHPian

Hamilton had some really tough luck. It had nothing to do with how hard he was on his tyres. That is total rubbish because the failure was instantaneous. Besides, Hamilton set the fastest lap a few laps before the failure which proves that his tyres had plenty left at that point. Its a real pity because he put in yet another amazing performance and nicked second place in a great duel with Vettel when he exited the pits.

What this race really showed was that overtaking is truly dead in F1. Both Vettel and Button were way faster than Hamilton and Schumacher respectively but could do little about it. That's the clearest indication so far that overtaking is a serious problem.

I'm sure Schumacher outpacing Rosberg made many happy but Raj has a very good point. Rosberg outpaces Schumacher properly for the first four races, Merc changes the car and now Schumacher trounces him. Truth is, we'll never really know what happened there and whether Schumacher genuinely found his form or if Nico had a bad weekend or whether it has to do with the fact that Schumacher's chassis was damaged in the first few races. The Schumi fans will say that its the first or third option but it could well be otherwise.
Closed Thread