Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 12:30   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default

An usually boring Monaco weekend was made interesting only by a few crashes & SC. Otherwise, everyone finished where they started except for Alonso.

A timely strategy from Ferrari to get Alonso on the harder compound during the first SC. Kudos to the team!

Barrichello was such a sucker, he threw his steering on the track to vent his frustration of crashing. Moron, should be kicked out of F1. I guess Hamilton's car picked up the steering(!?) & good that it didnt damage anyone's race.

Webber controlled the race very well to take victory. Its easy to be faster in Monaco when you are leading from the front & dint make any sense for Vettel to push his car. He kept a safe 5 second gap to his team mate. Never the less, Webber did extremely well in qualifying!

Michael was superb again when he was in clean air. He defended very well to beat Rosberg's strategy to gain position by staying out longer while pitting. But Michael did something not required to lose good number of points.

Trulli's overtaking attempt was stupid & classic!
anachronix is offline  
Old 17th May 2010, 13:56   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 2,366
Thanked: 457 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Barrichello was such a sucker, he threw his steering on the track to vent his frustration of crashing. Moron, should be kicked out of F1. I guess Hamilton's car picked up the steering(!?) & good that it didnt damage anyone's race.
Chandok picked it up and dragged it around for a bit. Surprised that there was no penalty for that
McLaren Rulez is offline  
Old 17th May 2010, 17:57   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Chandok picked it up and dragged it around for a bit. Surprised that there was no penalty for that
It was Chandok!? Looked like a silver car to me during the replay!
anachronix is offline  
Old 17th May 2010, 18:38   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 2,366
Thanked: 457 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
It was Chandok!? Looked like a silver car to me during the replay!
autosport.com - F1 News: Chandhok hails race as one of best yet
McLaren Rulez is offline  
Old 17th May 2010, 18:46   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default

^^ Oh well! It was Hispania'd as Karun wants to call it.

FIA should have punished Rubens for this! Arrogant moron.
anachronix is offline  
Old 17th May 2010, 19:22   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
Hatari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,568
Thanked: 364 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Oh!!! I switched off the TV as soon as I saw Force india getting points on both the cars.Dint see the later part where trulli apologised to Karun
I rest my case.
I didnt see it either.. karun mentions the apology in his post race comments
Hatari is offline  
Old 17th May 2010, 19:38   #67
BHPian
 
KRf1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NCR / BLR
Posts: 339
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

So RedBull finally conquered the streets of Monaco . A dominating performance by Mark Webber . Kubica's pace was brilliant all weekend .
Schumi's cheeky move was brilliant on a sleepy Alonso though his old nemisis Damon considered it illelegal .
KRf1 is offline  
Old 18th May 2010, 11:07   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default Pictures

Some pictures I could collect from Atlas F1!
Attached Thumbnails
2010 F1 Monaco - Monte Carlo-screenshot20100514at224.png  

2010 F1 Monaco - Monte Carlo-153589.jpg  

2010 F1 Monaco - Monte Carlo-153895.jpg  

2010 F1 Monaco - Monte Carlo-factsyoumightnot_1024x0w.jpg  

Attached Images
   
anachronix is offline  
Old 18th May 2010, 13:00   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,965
Thanked: 266 Times
Default

KC wants a drive with RedBull?
nitrous is offline  
Old 18th May 2010, 20:08   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 2,366
Thanked: 457 Times
Default

Merc decide against Schumacher appeal | Planet F1 | Formula One | News, Standings, Results, Features, Video

Well, they're dropping the appeal and the FIA, for what its worth, will take another look at the rules.
McLaren Rulez is offline  
Old 18th May 2010, 20:27   #71
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sydney/Chennai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Well, they're dropping the appeal and the FIA, for what its worth, will take another look at the rules.
At least they are coming back to their senses and not trying to support the old man and his comical antics on track!! overtaking under a safety car!! sheesh!! whats he gonna do next, run at racing speed in the pit lane??!!
the_iceman is offline  
Old 18th May 2010, 20:40   #72
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,454 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Merc decide against Schumacher appeal | Planet F1 | Formula One | News, Standings, Results, Features, Video

Well, they're dropping the appeal and the FIA, for what its worth, will take another look at the rules.
Doesnt make any sense in appealing.

Alonso was made to look like a sitting duck, when Schumi passed him.

The Legend has arrived and thats sufficient for the world to know.

Not taking any credits off Alonso for his great drive.
PAVAN KADAM is offline  
Old 18th May 2010, 21:00   #73
Senior - BHPian
 
bottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,488
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

the steering wheel video

bottle is offline  
Old 19th May 2010, 01:11   #74
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Michigan,USA
Posts: 445
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_iceman View Post
At least they are coming back to their senses and not trying to support the old man and his comical antics on track!! overtaking under a safety car!! sheesh!! whats he gonna do next, run at racing speed in the pit lane??!!

Comical antics???!!???!!!??!!!??!!

JamesAllen had this to say in his blog about Mercedez decision.
Why Mercedes walked away from Schumacher appeal : James Allen on F1 – The official website

“We believed that the combination of the race control
messages ‘Safety Car in this lap’ and ‘Track Clear’ and the green flags
and lights shown by the marshals after safety car line one indicated
that the race was not finishing under the safety car and all drivers
were free to race, ” said the statement.

The problem here is that these signals are consistent with the end of a safety car period, not with a situation where the safety car is merely being pulled in for cosmetic reasons. Having viewed the videos again several times, it is clear that the debris from the Trulli/Chandhok accident had been cleared and that therefore the racing could start again.

In other words had there been another 10 laps in the race, it would have started again with what happened on lap 78.

However it appears that this was not the intention of Race Control. In their minds they were merely moving the Safety Car out of the way for the cosmetic appearance of the finish.

So what should have happened is that the SC boards and yellow flags should have stayed out, to indicate no overtaking, but the Safety Car itself comes into the pits.
jraj is offline  
Old 19th May 2010, 06:35   #75
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North America
Posts: 960
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Comical antics???!!???!!!??!!!??!!

JamesAllen had this to say in his blog about Mercedez decision.
Why Mercedes walked away from Schumacher appeal : James Allen on F1 – The official website

“We believed that the combination of the race control
messages ‘Safety Car in this lap’ and ‘Track Clear’ and the green flags
and lights shown by the marshals after safety car line one indicated
that the race was not finishing under the safety car and all drivers
were free to race, ” said the statement.

The problem here is that these signals are consistent with the end of a safety car period, not with a situation where the safety car is merely being pulled in for cosmetic reasons. Having viewed the videos again several times, it is clear that the debris from the Trulli/Chandhok accident had been cleared and that therefore the racing could start again.

In other words had there been another 10 laps in the race, it would have started again with what happened on lap 78.

However it appears that this was not the intention of Race Control. In their minds they were merely moving the Safety Car out of the way for the cosmetic appearance of the finish.

So what should have happened is that the SC boards and yellow flags should have stayed out, to indicate no overtaking, but the Safety Car itself comes into the pits.
I don't care what James Allen says. Article 40.13 of the Sporting Regulations clearly states that “if the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking". As simple as that.

Schumacher made a complete fool of himself when he tried to pass Alonso in the last corner of the race and in the process Mercedes GP lost some much needed world championship points as a result of which Renault are almost breathing down their neck. Shame on him.

Also, had there been 10 more laps remaining in the race after the safety car, he would have never been able to catch Alonso because he was simply slower than him all weekend as was evidenced during most of the race.
sujaylahiri is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Monaco GP - Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo - Race Thread deetjohn Int'l Motorsport 57 30th May 2015 11:30
Ferrari 458 Speciale (Monte Carlo) - Spied for the first time! EDIT: Pics released! Scorcher The International Automotive Scene 19 7th December 2014 14:55
Car & Yacht spotting in Monte Carlo sanjayr328 The International Automotive Scene 8 11th August 2010 17:56
WRC .. Monte Carlo Rally 2006 haryan Int'l Motorsport 7 25th January 2006 20:53
Monte Carlo WRC papps Int'l Motorsport 10 27th January 2005 15:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:06.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks