Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 08:40   #76
BHPian
 
tacho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 125
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
I don't care what James Allen says. Article 40.13 of the Sporting Regulations clearly states that if the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking". As simple as that.
We know that the safety car came in to the pit lane at the end of the last lap but there was some confusion if the race ended under 'safety car rules'. Note that Article 40.13 does not say "If the safety car comes in at the end of the last lap...."

Also, as you may know, starting from this year, drivers can start racing and passing each other from the 'safety car' line (which is around the pitlane entrance) instead of waiting until the start/finish line after a safety car period. Unless I am mistaken, Article 40.13 has been carried over from previous years without a change in its wording. It was not a source of confusion previously because they had to wait until the start/finish line anyway. A safety car at the end of the race was not a special case. But, now, because of the 'safety car' line, it is.
tacho is offline  
Old 19th May 2010, 09:54   #77
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,454 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
I don't care what James Allen says. Article 40.13 of the Sporting Regulations clearly states that if the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking". As simple as that.

Schumacher made a complete fool of himself when he tried to pass Alonso in the last corner of the race and in the process Mercedes GP lost some much needed world championship points as a result of which Renault are almost breathing down their neck. Shame on him.

Also, had there been 10 more laps remaining in the race after the safety car, he would have never been able to catch Alonso because he was simply slower than him all weekend as was evidenced during most of the race.
the race is over buddy, Alonso was made to look like a sitting DUCK by Schumi. So what if schumi was penalised, thats the way people like him.

He cares a damn for the championship this year,

"He's been there, done that, and done better than anyone can do."

He's here for fun and now he's proving himself all over again, giving the media some hot news to circulate and some young drivers will have sleepless nights once he gets his antics playing.

Thats the way he is, and we all love him.
PAVAN KADAM is offline  
Old 19th May 2010, 09:59   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
the race is over buddy, Alonso was made to look like a sitting DUCK by Schumi. So what if schumi was penalised, thats the way people like him.

He cares a damn for the championship this year,

"He's been there, done that, and done better than anyone can do."

He's here for fun and now he's proving himself all over again, giving the media some hot news to circulate and some young drivers will have sleepless nights once he gets his antics playing.

Thats the way he is, and we all love him.
+1 to Pavan

What has Schumi really got to prove? 7 Championships & 91 wins is not enough? He will score more for sure!

He is having fun & must have enjoyed the ugly look on Alonso's face

My only worry is the points that he lost!

Well, just to prove Michael's move was right and it was his old nemesis Hill who had his chance this time to take out Michael.

Check the following pics.

Credit to 'Cheapracer' from AtlasF1.
Schumacher given 20 seconds penalty and drops down to 12th (merged) - The AUTOSPORT Bulletin Board

1. MS after madly preparing takes a wide line in preparation....
2. MS rounds the bend and clearly see's a green light and is on it....
3. Alonso sees MS and responds getting wheelspin and sideways....
4. Alonso crosses the new SC line ahead of MS
5. After succussful pass MS goes towards the S/F line with greens showing all the way..
Attached Images
     

Last edited by anachronix : 19th May 2010 at 10:17.
anachronix is online now  
Old 19th May 2010, 11:06   #79
BHPian
 
Rocky_Balboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Namma Bengalooru
Posts: 580
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

@anachronix,

Thanks for the pics man. Wish there was a cam inside Alonso's helmet, capturing his expressions that precise moment

It looks like Mercedes have dropped the appeal, stopping with requesting FIA to clarify the article. Not sure if this was because of the hate mails, Hill received over the past 2 days.
Rocky_Balboa is offline  
Old 19th May 2010, 11:19   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default

I am wondering if I should be sending some stinker emails to Damon Hill. He did act like a punk!

But Schumi did show what kind of a racer he is!
anachronix is online now  
Old 19th May 2010, 12:19   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 2,366
Thanked: 457 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I am wondering if I should be sending some stinker emails to Damon Hill. He did act like a punk!
That's an absolutely ridiculous statement. You have no evidence that he did anything unfair and there are other stewards who could have comfortably out-voted him if it was that clear.

To those who think the rule is clearly in Merc's favour: Try any of the F1 websites. There are discussions on this rule going for fifty pages or so in the forums. It is not obvious and the way the situation played out at Monaco was not clear.

Why else do you think Ferrari and McLaren both gave their drivers clear instructions to refrain from overtaking? Hamilton and Alonso (and probably quite a few others) had the exact same idea as Schumacher and were on the radio regarding it.

Its not as if Schumacher thought of something that no one else did. Several drivers and teams thought along the same lines. Nor was Alonso caught napping because he had been clearly advised that there was going to be no overtaking.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 19th May 2010 at 12:25.
McLaren Rulez is online now  
Old 19th May 2010, 12:34   #82
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,997
Thanked: 21,576 Times
Default

It would be interesting to hear Michael's radio conversation with his team. More than anything it appears to be a misinterpretation of the rules by Mercedes GP. I'm sure Michael would have asked for a clarification.
Aditya is online now  
Old 19th May 2010, 12:38   #83
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
That's an absolutely ridiculous statement. You have no evidence that he did anything unfair and there are other stewards who could have comfortably out-voted him if it was that clear.
Damon Hill has been public about making this decision to punish Schumacher in Monaco! I would certainly write an email for his pathetic decision. The onboard shots speaks a lot about Hill's fairness on the decision!

autosport.com - F1 News: Hill questions driver stewards role

Read the last paragraph!

Quote:
To those who think the rule is clearly in Merc's favour: Try any of the F1 websites. There are discussions on this rule going for fifty pages or so in the forums. It is not obvious and the way the situation played out at Monaco was not clear.
The rule is not in favour of the sport. Forget it being in favour of Mercedes or any other team!

Quote:
Why else do you think Ferrari and McLaren both gave their drivers clear instructions to refrain from overtaking? Hamilton and Alonso (and probably quite a few others) had the exact same idea as Schumacher and were on the radio regarding it.

Its not as if Schumacher thought of something that no one else did. Several drivers and teams thought along the same lines. Nor was Alonso caught napping because he had been clearly advised that there was going to be no overtaking.
Alonso was indeed napping, if you think he was taking it easy why would he bother to defend. Did you also notice Rosberg trying to overtake Alonso after Michael. By then, Alonso had enough traction to defend!

It was only Schumacher who got this opportunity in that short bit of time to the start-finish straight since Alonso got a messed up exit from the corner. Schumacher has fairly done everything to overtake him under green flags & after crossing the safety car line! Refer to the pictures once again mate!
anachronix is online now  
Old 19th May 2010, 12:47   #84
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 2,366
Thanked: 457 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Damon Hill has been public about making this decision to punish Schumacher in Monaco! I would certainly write an email for his pathetic decision. The onboard shots speaks a lot about Hill's fairness on the decision!

autosport.com - F1 News: Hill questions driver stewards role

Read the last paragraph!
The onboard shots are one side of the story. The other side is 40.13 which contradicts the flags. I'm sure you'll know that this argument, having gone on for ages in so many other forums, only means one thing: The rules are not clear in this instance.

With that being the case, you can appreciate how hard a job Damon Hill must have had and you call him a "punk" and want to send him a "stinker of a mail". That's ridiculous and I can't believe you'd still support that stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The rule is not in favour of the sport. Forget it being in favour of Mercedes or any other team!
By favouring, I meant the idea that Mercedes did the right thing according to the rule. Not the impartiality of it. Anyway, the point is clear. The rule is ambiguous for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Alonso was indeed napping, if you think he was taking it easy why would he bother to defend. Did you also notice Rosberg trying to overtake Alonso after Michael. By then, Alonso had enough traction to defend!
Its instinctive to defend when you're being overtaken. The reason Alonso took it easy to being with was because he had been told there was going to be no overtaking.
McLaren Rulez is online now  
Old 19th May 2010, 13:18   #85
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
The onboard shots are one side of the story. The other side is 40.13 which contradicts the flags. I'm sure you'll know that this argument, having gone on for ages in so many other forums, only means one thing: The rules are not clear in this instance.

With that being the case, you can appreciate how hard a job Damon Hill must have had and you call him a "punk" and want to send him a "stinker of a mail". That's ridiculous and I can't believe you'd still support that stance.
Beleive me, you should have followed him through his racing days with Michael. You would know why I would call him that way! His rivalry with Michael was bad, just bad! The decision from Hill doesn't come as a surprise taking advantage of unclear rules in F1. My apologies to you if you rate the words under profanity. But its rightly said for would fit Damon Hill.

Quote:
By favouring, I meant the idea that Mercedes did the right thing according to the rule. Not the impartiality of it. Anyway, the point is clear. The rule is ambiguous for this.
I agree

Quote:
Its instinctive to defend when you're being overtaken. The reason Alonso took it easy to being with was because he had been told there was going to be no overtaking.
Alonso dint take it easy. He lost traction through the corner and Michael took his chances!

Last edited by anachronix : 19th May 2010 at 13:19.
anachronix is online now  
Old 19th May 2010, 13:24   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 2,366
Thanked: 457 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Beleive me, you should have followed him through his racing days with Michael. You would know why I would call him that way! His rivalry with Michael was bad, just bad! The decision from Hill doesn't come as a surprise taking advantage of unclear rules in F1. My apologies to you if you rate the words under profanity. But its rightly said for would fit Damon Hill.
I'm not offended at all but it was a surprise to hear that coming from you. Besides, the past is the past and his current decision doesn't appear to be a vengeful one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Alonso dint take it easy.
The only person who knows the answer to this is Nando himself

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 19th May 2010 at 13:34.
McLaren Rulez is online now  
Old 19th May 2010, 19:10   #87
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Michigan,USA
Posts: 445
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
the race is over buddy, Alonso was made to look like a sitting DUCK by Schumi. So what if schumi was penalised, thats the way people like him.
He cares a damn for the championship this year,
"He's been there, done that, and done better than anyone can do."
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
+1 to Pavan

What has Schumi really got to prove? 7 Championships & 91 wins is not enough? He will score more for sure!

He is having fun & must have enjoyed the ugly look on Alonso's face
Exactly .That move made me grin the whole of Sunday :-)
jraj is offline  
Old 19th May 2010, 19:17   #88
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,454 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Exactly .That move made me grin the whole of Sunday :-)

Buddy, there's always a hate club towards a Superior Driver in F1.

And Michael has excelled in being one of the Most Superior Driver F1 ever produced. This fact no one can deny.

We are week away from the Turkish Grand prix, i think lets take it to the next race.

Monaco is done for good.

We all enjoyed the race, not one of those boring races BTW.
PAVAN KADAM is offline  
Old 20th May 2010, 04:47   #89
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North America
Posts: 960
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
the race is over buddy, Alonso was made to look like a sitting DUCK by Schumi. So what if schumi was penalised, thats the way people like him.

He cares a damn for the championship this year,

"He's been there, done that, and done better than anyone can do."

He's here for fun and now he's proving himself all over again, giving the media some hot news to circulate and some young drivers will have sleepless nights once he gets his antics playing.

Thats the way he is, and we all love him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
+1 to Pavan

What has Schumi really got to prove? 7 Championships & 91 wins is not enough? He will score more for sure!

He is having fun & must have enjoyed the ugly look on Alonso's face

My only worry is the points that he lost!

..
From one of the greatest drivers in Formula 1 with such a distinguished record, I did not expect a sleazy move like this on the last lap, especially when the other drivers were told to maintain their positions and not pass. And with the years of experience both Schumacher and Ross Brawn have, it's highly unlikely that it was just an "oversight".

Either way every time I try to garner some respect for Michael Schumacher, he always manages to one-up me with his antics. And I've been trying that since 1997!
sujaylahiri is offline  
Old 20th May 2010, 10:14   #90
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,454 Times
Default

Do you guys see.

Since the F1 season started, what are everyone talking about.

Who's been discussed in almost every page.

3 years of boring seasons suddenly coming alive.

Thats what this guy is to F1.

Long live the LEGEND.
PAVAN KADAM is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Monaco GP - Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo - Race Thread deetjohn Int'l Motorsport 57 30th May 2015 11:30
Ferrari 458 Speciale (Monte Carlo) - Spied for the first time! EDIT: Pics released! Scorcher The International Automotive Scene 19 7th December 2014 14:55
Car & Yacht spotting in Monte Carlo sanjayr328 The International Automotive Scene 8 11th August 2010 17:56
WRC .. Monte Carlo Rally 2006 haryan Int'l Motorsport 7 25th January 2006 20:53
Monte Carlo WRC papps Int'l Motorsport 10 27th January 2005 15:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks