Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 12th July 2010, 18:49   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
So does that mean Ferrari's need to quit F1.

What a statement buddy...!

I know your unending love for schumi; but i sincerely believe his time is up; there are lot of young drivers who can be better than him at this point of time in his career.

You interpretation is that rosberg is getting different car than schumi. Please spare me on that. Just because you dont like vettel you bash him and you are a fanboy of schumi, you say he is as good as he was before retirement even if he driving like a lost soul

w.r.t Ferrari needing to quit; yes surely some personal who cant think on their feet need to quit: Period

Last edited by raj.barcode : 12th July 2010 at 18:50.
raj.barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 19:03   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
I know your unending love for schumi; but i sincerely believe his time is up; there are lot of young drivers who can be better than him at this point of time in his career.

You interpretation is that rosberg is getting different car than schumi. Please spare me on that. Just because you dont like vettel you bash him and you are a fanboy of schumi, you say he is as good as he was before retirement even if he driving like a lost soul

w.r.t Ferrari needing to quit; yes surely some personal who cant think on their feet need to quit: Period
Almost all threads this year with F1, we end up discussing Schumi than the actual race. Cant help, he's that popular Being 9th on the driver standings coming out of 4 yrs retirement, He's Good, but his best is yet to come. Only time will tell.

Something from Vettel and Schumi and our very own VJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.formula1.com View Post
Q: When Mark Webber crossed the finish line he was heard saying, ‘Not a bad job for a number two driver!’ Did you notice that? And is the team spirit still good?
SV: I have my own opinion about that matter that I rather prefer to keep to myself and to focus on myself. I have made my experiences and, sometimes good or bad, you get to know people a little bit better and see their true faces. I think I have learned my lesson

Michael Schumacher (9th)
"Again a race which I am not really happy about today. It was ok and seeing Nico on the podium is good for the team but my race was obviously less rewarding. I was in traffic for most of the race and did not really have a clear track. After the pit stop where I had to push really hard to make it in front of Rubens, I unfortunately made a mistake out of a slow corner which put me off the track. That cost me a lot of time plus two positions and that was it for today. We now look towards Hockenheim where we obviously will do everything to perform in the best possible way."

Dr Vijay Mallya, Force India chairman and team principal
“I'm really proud of both drivers here today - both demonstrated great racing acumen to keep positions. It also gave us some great television! In both situations - Adrian with Sebastian and Tonio with Fernando - it would have been very easy for them to buckle, but they really did us proud and so nearly produced another double points finish. The pace of the car is clearly there and with more updates scheduled for the next race we can be very optimistic for the second half of the season. Our next focus now has to be getting the whole weekend together on both cars, but in terms of finishes and results we are where we should be at this point in the season.”

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 12th July 2010 at 19:11.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 20:35   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Particularly Alonso's engineer.

Forget the incident. When they got the penalty, he came on the radio and said something like "They want us to drive through the pitlane and..."

What the heck? Be crisp, tell Alonso we've got a drive through penalty and get on with it. He's been around long enough to understand that! Its just plain unprofessional

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 12th July 2010 at 20:37.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 01:16   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Particularly Alonso's engineer.

Forget the incident. When they got the penalty, he came on the radio and said something like "They want us to drive through the pitlane and..."

What the heck? Be crisp, tell Alonso we've got a drive through penalty and get on with it. He's been around long enough to understand that! Its just plain unprofessional
Nope! I think he was right to break the story slowly to Alonso. They were talking about giving the place back and all of a sudden Kubica retires plus he gets a drive through. Alonso is a hot-head and needs some one to control his temper.

I think the Ferrari is not as fast as it seems to be. It is more of Alonso's driving skill that is giving it more pace than it has. I personally think Alonso has established himself within the team and the team will be working around Alonso till he is with Ferrari.

Waiting to see what will Ferrari's response be. Domenicali has been talking about major upgrades for the next two races. We shall see where they end-up.

Massa better start performing else he would be sacked come end of the season. Doesn't matter if he has signed a new contract when the second driver cannot score points for the team.
SchumiFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 22:22   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Two mistakes by Ferrari

1. Obviously taking the risk of not returning the place back to Kubica where it was obvious to the whole world that it was a breach of rules. Could've got him in the following lap.

2. The timing of the drive thru is what ruined them and not the drive thru itself. If he had taken it immediately he would have come out in the same position. He took it right after the safety car had bunched up the field, so he lost like 10 spots and we all know how hard it is to overtake. Else, he could have waited for 10 more laps, pulled gap and then did the drive thru.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 22:44   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Two mistakes by Ferrari

2. The timing of the drive thru is what ruined them and not the drive thru itself. If he had taken it immediately he would have come out in the same position. He took it right after the safety car had bunched up the field, so he lost like 10 spots and we all know how hard it is to overtake. Else, he could have waited for 10 more laps, pulled gap and then did the drive thru.
A drive through penalty must be taken within three laps from the time of decision. Which is why I said clowns were sitting on the Ferrari pits.

Lewis took it on the third lap in Valencia because he was in fresh air and could increase his pace substantially to negate the disadvantage. Whereas Alonso was behind Rosberg who is slower and was also slowing down Alonso.

No way could have they increased the gap to the other cars on the grid. The best option would have been to serve the penalty ASAP and had he done that he would have been immensely helped by the safety car bunching up the field.

I am sure if it was the old Ferrari pit, they would have never got the penalty itself. Alonso would have been told to give the place straight back and a disaster would have been avoided.
Old 13th July 2010, 23:04   #67
Senior - BHPian

much before the race...

Jenson and Hamilton drive a seriously fast VW microbus on their way to the silverstone track.

!
14000rpm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 00:38   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
I am sure if it was the old Ferrari pit, they would have never got the penalty itself. Alonso would have been told to give the place straight back and a disaster would have been avoided.
Forget old Ferrari pit, any other team would have asked him to return the place back. In Suzuka 2005, there was a similar incident, where Alonso overtook Klien by taking a shortcut at the chicane, he then let Klien pass him again.
SilentEngine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 13:26   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
much before the race...

Jenson and Hamilton drive a seriously fast VW microbus on their way to the silverstone track.
Check out a user called Vodafone UK on YouTube for similar videos. There's tons of stuff: Jenson and Lewis racing on a remote control track, Jenson and Lewis trying to assemble the McLaren car without any mechanics, the two of them visiting McLaren's huge hangar where all the old F1 cars are stored and many more.

Its a real treat to watch for McLaren fans. Every other week, there's some cool video of Lewis and Jenson doing something fun. Whoever at McLaren's PR department started doing this, top marks to them!
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 15:38   #70
BHPian

The Vodafone Mclaren videos are awesome and I'm no big fan of Mclaren or Lewis or Button. This is how PR stuff needs to be done. Awesome job.
Newpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 20:12   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched bits of it on DVR again and I have to say superb start by Webber from dirty side of the track.

Quote:
A drive through penalty must be taken within three laps from the time of decision. Which is why I said clowns were sitting on the Ferrari pits.
Is it? Pretty sure I've seen them delay it to the opportune moment.
Even so I think he could have opened up a gap if he had waited.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 21:55   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Is it? Pretty sure I've seen them delay it to the opportune moment.
Even so I think he could have opened up a gap if he had waited.
Taken from F1.com:

In the case of the drive-through penalty and the ten-second time penalty, a driver has three laps, from the time his team is notified, to enter the pits (failure to do so may result in a black flag and the driver being excluded from the race).

Formula 1? - The Official F1? Website
Old 16th July 2010, 22:29   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Taken from F1.com:

In the case of the drive-through penalty and the ten-second time penalty, a driver has three laps, from the time his team is notified, to enter the pits (failure to do so may result in a black flag and the driver being excluded from the race).

Formula 1? - The Official F1? Website
Rules, this season is just

Why are rules being made after some incident.

Making F1 worse from the little excitement that is left right now.

Looks like F1 will go the WWE way, all staged
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 00:07   #74
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari release the radio conversation after Charlie Whiting said that he notified Ferrari 3 times to give the position back.

autosport.com - F1 News: Ferrari 'not asked' to let Kubica pass

After Whiting was going public about his genuinity!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85258

I have great respect for this gentleman, poor chap is now a puppet for someone acting against the reds!

Last edited by anachronix : 17th July 2010 at 00:09.
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 01:52   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Rules, this season is just

Why are rules being made after some incident.

Making F1 worse from the little excitement that is left right now.

Looks like F1 will go the WWE way, all staged
I think this has been the rule for quite some seasons now. Alonso did a mistake there. He was level with Kubica or maybe marginally ahead into the corner. He was forced wide off the track. But he should have given the position back. Having a superior car, he definitely would have had the chance to overtake him again.

Seems like all mistakes and bad luck is coming at the same time for Ferrari. Hopefully they should be strong in the coming races. SilverStone was Red-Bulls strong point and to have almost matched them in Q2 definitely means Ferrari have the pace. They just have to get their decisions right.