Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 30th July 2010, 10:56   #121
BHPian

Going by the logic of some people on here, we should just do a couple of laps of racing, see who is faster and then decide the winner. That would save so much time and money.
Theres no doubt that Alonso was faster, but, being fast is one thing, and being in the lead is another.
RacingForIndia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 11:06   #122
BHPian

Default Controversy

Everyone were passing comments about alonso and massa problem.But no body has talked regarding the controversial championship winning 2008 Lewis Hamilton.

Actually this is only the half way of the season,but that was the last and decider of the championship.Massa thought he has won the championship,but i think Glock,he has slowed down and make Hamilton pass him.

How did they didnt even make this as a big issue.
This is clearly showing that FIA or stewards are only against the Ferraris.

I am not a big fan of Alonso or Massa,But this is too worse to leave lewis without any..............

Before 2 races also stewards have given a great and wonderfull penality against Lewis Hamilton,where ha came back and join in the same place.
Clearly showing Mclaren has been Favoured by the FIA Stewards.
dmaheshkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 11:24   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Mate, the logic of picking up a single sentence from my post and questioning me is a little weird.
Which is exactly what you did. Picked up first half of my post and ignored the second. If you can pick and choose, so can I.

Quote:
Massa was HALF a second slower than Alonso on his preferred soft tires in Qualifying and also in the race couldn't pull away from Alonso even-though he was in fresh air. I believe that if it was the first race of the season, Ferrari would have let them to have the positions and not informed Massa of the Alonso situation.
Slower or faster. The fact is (and almost everybody is in agreement over it) that he would have won the race. The faster car does not always win the race.

Quote:
But it is the second half of the season and there are 4 other drivers fighting for the WDC. The current points structure rewards the winner much more than the old points system and it is very tight in the race to the WDC.

A Ferrari 1-2 either way would maximize their WCC points. But Ferrari would have felt that Alonso was still with a fighting chance to claim the WDC and hence decided to maximize his chance by giving him the place.
Second half of the season with plenty of races to go. Plus the point difference between them does not at all justify the discrimination. Under the old points system the difference would have been less than 15 points.

Quote:
Also remember Massa was informed that Alonso was faster. Ferrari made no attempt to control Massa's pace through methods I mentioned in the previous post. It was Massa's own decision to let Alonso through.

So Ferrari did nothing wrong here and don't be quick to slate them.
So some people are in fact buying that hogwash from Ferrari.

Quote:
To top it all, Webber ( the one who has been a victim of team-orders recently) has said Alonso deserved to win:

Please check this link: autosport.com - F1 News: Webber: Alonso deserved German win
I prefer to use my own mind over what Webber says. There are a lot of other views out there that are not so complimentary of Ferrari tactics. Why don't you go ahead and quote them here.

Quote:
Massa had a chance to show he was faster but he couldn't pull over a considerable gap to Alonso and Alonso closed the gap with ease. Ferrari did what they felt was the best for their team and their lead driver in the championship.
And for an analysis of the race, please browse this link:German Grand Prix – The key decisions : James Allen on F1 – The official website
Faster, analysis - these really don't mean anything in a lot of racing context. If a Red Bull is faster behind a Ferrari and the analysis shows that it is, then should the Ferrari give way or defend it's position?

Quote:
I end this argument here, if people still think Ferrari did something wrong last Sunday, so be it!

Looking forward to the Hungarian Grand-Prix
I sure do think Ferrari were wrong to do what they did. And if other people think what they did was right then to each his own. Like I said before, a lot depends on what glasses one is wearing while analysing situations.

And that my friend is the reply to your COMPLETE post.

Last edited by Cesc : 30th July 2010 at 11:27.
Cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 12:53   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Most of the newspapers read

" The day i feel i am the No.2 Driver, i am gonna Quit Racing"
Okay perhaps the joke wasn't obvious

Main headline Massa: I am not a number two driver

Sub headline Fernando Alonso's number two driver insists that...

I thought it was funny as hell but whatever...
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 16:40   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaheshkumar View Post
Everyone were passing comments about alonso and massa problem.But no body has talked regarding the controversial championship winning 2008 Lewis Hamilton.

Actually this is only the half way of the season,but that was the last and decider of the championship.Massa thought he has won the championship,but i think Glock,he has slowed down and make Hamilton pass him.

How did they didnt even make this as a big issue.
This is clearly showing that FIA or stewards are only against the Ferraris.

I am not a big fan of Alonso or Massa,But this is too worse to leave lewis without any..............
Glock was on dry tyres on a wet track. Why would a Toyota driver slow down to let a Mclaren win the championship? I'm a Ferrari fan ( or atleast was a fan till they signed on crybaby ) , but Lewis won the championship in 2008 fair and square inspite of Massa receiving lot of help from the FIA. The penalty at Spa in 2008 was a joke and Massa didn't deserve to win that race considering he was so much behind Lewis and Kimi. If not for that penalty, Lewis would have won the championship before Brazil.
Newpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 19:20   #126
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Glock was on dry tyres on a wet track. Why would a Toyota driver slow down to let a Mclaren win the championship? I'm a Ferrari fan ( or atleast was a fan till they signed on crybaby ) , but Lewis won the championship in 2008 fair and square inspite of Massa receiving lot of help from the FIA. The penalty at Spa in 2008 was a joke and Massa didn't deserve to win that race considering he was so much behind Lewis and Kimi. If not for that penalty, Lewis would have won the championship before Brazil.
Sorry folks for being off topic here.

Looks like you did not watch that race.

The whole world knows how Lewis Won, or rather how Massa was made to loose

That controversy theory is forgotten, but the fact was, Lewis Won and was not Fair and Square.

Lewis has been plain lucky, he's not one driver who can put up a challenge, He's good only in patches. Not that i dont have any respects to him. But that championship was just gifted by the Toyota's.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 19:58   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Absolutely spot on.

There are conspiracy theories that are fuelled by logic and those fuelled by spite. This, unfortunately, is the latter.

Its even more ridiculous that there are those here who believe it. I only wish those who like to pretend Hamilton was gifted anything, let alone a WDC, make remotely plausible reasons to back it up.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 19:44   #128
BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Sorry folks for being off topic here.

Looks like you did not watch that race.

The whole world knows how Lewis Won, or rather how Massa was made to loose

That controversy theory is forgotten, but the fact was, Lewis Won and was not Fair and Square.

Lewis has been plain lucky, he's not one driver who can put up a challenge, He's good only in patches. Not that i dont have any respects to him. But that championship was just gifted by the Toyota's.
Looks like you watch F1 but dont understand it.
Give me one reason why Toyota would "gift" the championship to McLaren. Maybe, we can debate after that.
Old 1st August 2010, 23:18   #129
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
Looks like you watch F1 but dont understand it.
Give me one reason why Toyota would "gift" the championship to McLaren. Maybe, we can debate after that.
My friend, the season is over, the titles are given. End of the story.

I dont need to start a debate over such useless matter.

We are going

Hockenheimring race also is over last month.

Its time we have this thread closed.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:40   #130
BHPian

@PAVAN_KADAM
I wish the people who open "old" topics would see it that way. For me every F1 race is like it happened just yesterday.
Anyways I get the hint, I am out of here (thread), for now.