Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 4th August 2010, 22:36   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
^^ Add little value to this thread mate!

His 91 wins & 7 championships is proof for what he has acheived. He is from a decade of F1 where the drivers had to be ruthless on the track to win anything. Drivers fight it out on track.

Ayrton Senna, the best driver ever in F1 was ruthless and bloody aggressive when he defends or overtakes!

Damon Hill had lot of incidents to his name when he wa fighting it out with Michael in 96 & 97.

Watch this clip from 05:45 seconds!

The word defending has got a fairness attached to it, what Schumi has done over years didnt have that. He succeeded in teh vaccum that existed when Hakkinen exited and before alonso and hamilton arrived.
prmd_cochin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 22:41   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
Schumi should have been out of F1 after this. And you call this guy a champion !!!
Cry as you may,whine as you may,moan as you may - He is A CHAMPION.You cant take away nothing from that

Funny that you say that,with your avatar in those overalls - Thats a team that virtually ran a B-spec car of their fiercest competitor

Are they out of F1 yet?
jraj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 23:39   #123
BANNED

Quote:
In a team that says ' He is faster than you, err can you confirm you understood the message '.

Schumi should have been out of F1 after this. And you call this guy a champion !!!
Without him F1 would have been as boring as GP2 or any other Karting races

What a joke, Get real pal.....!

Mark my words "NO F1 DRIVER IN THE PRESENT GRID WILL SURPASS SCHUMI'S ACHIEVEMENTS EVER"

Getting on to the topic.

Most of the garages are now closed for a good 2 weeks, after a nice break, F1 will be back with a Bang at Spa.

Few quotes from few teams-@ F1.com

Also Mercedes GP have anyways announced, they have started with the 2011 car, and at spa they will have a new aero added. Sounds nice.

Lewis Hamilton Q&A: We'll dig deep and come back stronger

Jenson Button Q&A: McLaren will be back in the hunt soon

Alonso: Ferrari must remain calm for final push

The gap is too close to decide the drivers champion

01 Mark Webber 161
02 Lewis Hamilton 157
03 Sebastian Vettel 151
04 Jenson Button 147
05 Fernando Alonso 141

Even the constructors championship will be a 3 way tie.

01 RBR-Renault 312
02 McLaren-Mercedes 304
03 Ferrari 238

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 4th August 2010 at 23:41.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 00:41   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Ain't GP2 more fun to watch than the f1 ?
prmd_cochin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 09:40   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Michael is a great driver and a worthy champion - there is no doubt about it.

BUT going as far as saying F1 would be boring without him is taking it too far. No individual is larger than the sport. F1 was exciting before he came on the scene and we had a couple of very good championship battles in between he left and rejoined. There are some terrific drivers on the scene today and saying what you are saying is gross injustice to their talent.

And try watching more of GP2. You might change your opinion about it.
Cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 10:40   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
I am not into this thread for typing proper English or to take English tuitions
Hey, I think we are all responsible for ensuring what we are posting makes sense, aren't we ?

Quote:
So,leave it at this
I fine with that mate. To be honest, I couldn't figure what relevance your post below had in the context of my original remark. Here's my comment about RB -
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
He always did have the guts, problem was he was the No 2 driver at Ferrari & had to always toe the line. He didn't have any such restrictions day before & it showed
and here's your response to it -
Quote:
Oh really.So how do they decide No1 and No2 - "Hey your name is Michael Schumacher,so you are No1 and hey your name is Rubens,so you are No2" like that??

RB was faster now and then over Michael but Michael was ruthless and always was faster.

I would have really admired RB's guts,if he had told Ferrari in 2002 "Hey I am not a No2" and walked away from F2002.No one told RB that to stay in F1 he has to be a No2 to Michael.It was his choice or the lack of it

Why keep moaning about it now - oh wait,is there something that Rubens doesnt moan about in F1
What is the relevance? My post wasn't about how it was decided as to who was No 1 & who was No 2. The fact of the matter was that MS was No 1 & RB was No 2. In effect, RB was never free to even overtake MS unless the team allowed him to. LOL.

Last Sunday, RB had no such "team orders" so he decided to overtake the slower car - as simple as what.

Why is that so difficult to understand? Lets be objective & not fanboyish on this thread. And, if one can't, I agree with you wholeheartedly that we should just drop the discussion.

Last edited by suman : 5th August 2010 at 10:46.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 13:06   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The word defending has got a fairness attached to it, what Schumi has done over years didnt have that. He succeeded in teh vaccum that existed when Hakkinen exited and before alonso and hamilton arrived.
If thats what you want to beleive after seeing the clip about Senna it makes no sense for me to discuss further on this topic mate!

Cheers!
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 14:11   #128
BHPian

One truth that everyone here is not understanding that Schumi records are already there in the books and he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone (at least to team bhp members ), why there is so much fuss over schumi i cannot understand, fair if you do not like schumi but your not liking schumi doesn't make him any less greater. I do not like hamilton but that doesn't make him a bad driver, he is a fantastic driver. Lets be practical about it and not hijack every formula 1 thread into schumi bashing or praising thread.
dkhatau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 14:14   #129
BHPian

Question Vacuum, or hot-air ?

Quote:
He succeeded in teh vaccum that existed when Hakkinen exited and before alonso and hamilton arrived.
Are you suggesting that Schumi's rise was because of Mika's departure ? Didn't Mika try unsuccessfully, twice, to win a 3rd WDC ? And wasn't the man who denied Mika & McLaren the championships, in 2000 & 2001, Schumi ?
Alonso arrived in F1, in Minardi, in 2001, got a full race seat in Benetton in 2003, & it was only in 2005 that he took the WDC from Schumi. What vaccuum ?

Quote:
Ain't GP2 more fun to watch than the f1 ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
And try watching more of GP2. You might change your opinion about it.
Honestly ! GP2 isn't a patch on F1 ! I've tried sitting through GP2 races, but this year the races have been a real bore-fest. In fact, I find even the V8 super cars more palatable !

Last edited by im_srini : 5th August 2010 at 14:15.
im_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 15:28   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mark my words "NO F1 DRIVER IN THE PRESENT GRID WILL SURPASS SCHUMI'S ACHIEVEMENTS EVER"
That fact has got nothing to do with their ability and little to do with Michael's
It has got to do with the machinery they are provided.

Those golden days of endless budgets are long gone thanks to the recession
Stricter guidelines ensure an even playing field
Ferrari cannot do the thousands of kms of testing they did at Fiorano.
No more 'Ferrari only' customised tires by bridgestone

Look at MS past years in F1.. 05 & 06
No super quick car - No world title its as simple as that
IT IS DOWN TO THE TEAM
dont tell me he contributed any less in 05 & 06 than he did earlier
Hatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 16:07   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Alonso arrived in F1, in Minardi, in 2001, got a full race seat in Benetton in 2003, & it was only in 2005 that he took the WDC from Schumi. What vaccuum ?
That too because FIA planned to stop Ferrari's success run by introducing 'No tyre change during the race'. It was a known truth that Bridgestone was better tyre for few laps than Michelin. So when single tyre rule came all Bridgestone shod teams struggled due to excess wear and gaining and Alonso won.

In 2006 it was neck & neck between both, but at Suzuka, Schumacher's engine blown away and handed the DC to Alonso

At Sao Paulo he shown how to climb from last to 4th in no time with some breathtaking overtaking (KIMI)

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 16:28   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
In 2006 it was neck & neck between both, but at Suzuka, Schumacher's engine blown away and handed the DC to Alonso
That was pretty sad to see. A failed Ferari engine out of the blue (hadn't happened for a long long time till then) and Michael's hope of WDC evaporating with the smoke.

I still remember seeing a sticker on Fernando's side of Renault's garage on that weekend. It read 'You don't bring a knife to a gunfight Michael'. And I was like, let's see who has a knife and who has a gun. As fate would have it, Fernando was doing his stupid monkey dance at the end of the race while Michael was busy consoling his crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
At Sao Paulo he shown how to climb from last to 4th in no time with some breathtaking overtaking
That was an awesome race he drove. That 4th place almost felt like a win. He is as good as any driver in the history of F1 - and then some. If only he had not resorted to some of the other stuff through his career...... But hey nobody is perfect!
Cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 16:44   #133
Senior - BHPian

^^ And folks think it was simply vaccum created by quitters that helped Michael win the championships!
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 17:44   #134
BHPian

Ermm you guys are not aware that the FIA banned the components which Mercedes used to develop their mighty engines in 98/99 hence the blow ups of Mikas and Davids cars in 00 and 01 seasons.
Bridgestone "customised" their tyres for Ferrari. If you dont understand the meaning of that statement, arguing then is futile.

Back to the topic.
The Drivers and constructors championship is too close to call, but I have a feeling that the drivers will go to one of the bulls and McLaren might just be able to make it for the constructors.
RacingForIndia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 18:02   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The fact of the matter was that MS was No 1 & RB was No 2. In effect, RB was never free to even overtake MS unless the team allowed him to. LOL.

Last Sunday, RB had no such "team orders" so he decided to overtake the slower car - as simple as what.

Why is that so difficult to understand? Lets be objective & not fanboyish on this thread. And, if one can't, I agree with you wholeheartedly that we should just drop the discussion.
Excuse me,If thats being fanboyish - then all I see is absolute hatred for Michael in your posts.

Common mate,you make it sound as if RB was always on the slip stream of Michael from 2000 - 2005 and Ferrari never allowed him to overtake

Where do you see the irrelevance - you said RB always had the guts and I asked where it went from 2000 - 2005 period.If you choose not to reply to that,just leave it.Dont call it irrelevant
jraj is online now   Reply With Quote