Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 21st October 2010, 00:54   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
^100. Bang on target. It will be Rossi and Ducati all the way to the finish line. Classic rider with a classic bike = World Champion 2011.
Just like schumi is winning now after switching ? . You may never know the outcome .
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 17:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Ducati + Rossi = 2011 champion?

The season will he haute and Rossi has started fitness testing.

Source MotoGP

Rossi tests fitness at Misano | The Official MotoGP Website
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 12:29   #33
BHPian

Default Re: Ducati + Rossi = 2011 champion?

As a Ducati fan, I am thrilled with Rossi on the team. These are probably his last years of racing before he retires. Lets enjoy that.

I'm however, more excited to see how Spies does on a Factory Yamaha. I wouldn't be surprised if, by the end of this year or by next year if he becomes the dominant rider in MotoGP, barring crashes. Yamaha should be perfect fit for him after having won the SBK championship in his rookie year on one. Among the current crop, I think he's the only rider that has the potential to be Rossi like (sacrilege??). I am not convinced that Lorenzo has it in him to win an other championship under consistent aggressive attacks from Spies, Rossi or Stoner.

Also want to see Stoner back to his winning ways. If he rides the way when he won the championship with Ducati, he has as good a chance to win as any. But it's been a very shaky 'if' after his crash. Maybe, Honda will be a good ride to get back his confidence and get over his crashing ways, his old nemesis.
VLOCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 22:16   #34
Senior - BHPian

Doctor is a great. His worth I never compare with others. Yes he is seasoned and the young blood makes him feel even so on the grid but the determination in his eyes and the way he rode during test, I think he wants to go out with a bang. Though he still complained about the shoulder not 100% fit.

Spies and Stoner are the ones to be watched out for. Lorenzo benefited more from the bike Rossi customized for Yamaha after his move from Honda. I am not sure how good is he to make his own bike.

This year will be hawte I am glued.
Old 14th February 2011, 00:12   #35
BHPian

I can see that all are Rossi fans out here. Make no mistake, I too am a Rossi fan and would love to see him become the champion again. But there are facts that need to be faced. He has a two fold problem that he didn't have when he joined Yamaha. First is his fitness problem and the second is lack of testing time. Masao Furusawa has given an extremely insightful interview to crash.net Furusawa reflects on eve of Yamaha, MotoGP exit | Page 1 | MotoGP News | Feb 2011 | Crash.Net wherein the carbon fiber chassis has also been pointed out as a problem. Lets be realistic, the recent test at Sepang shows the Ducati at the bottom. Not one of them broke into the top five even once over three days. In fact the time difference to the top five is huge one second and in GP one second is a lot.

If and only if Rossi is able to regain full strength by the time they reach Jarez, then realistically he should be able to sort out the problems by Catalunya, but by that time the leaders will have a hefty points lead. Casey and gang are not going to take any prisoners nor are they going to give any quarter.
PratikPatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 11:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

^Pratik
I am counting that all the riders has more so shuffled and I hope that they will share the points than letting one take an immediate lead devious by that time Rossi will be fit and would have made Ducati his own.
Old 14th February 2011, 14:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Rossi's natural flair around corners, added to the straight line grunt of the ducatis's...may be a sight to see this season.
I am a yamaha fan, as a bike , and a through and through rossi-bhakt.
I just loved the emotional connect he demonstrated when he kissed the m1 and said something to the effect of success at yamaha is 10 times better than at honda?
I will miss him at yamaha.

but how many of us did not suffer from dropped jaws when stoner blasted everything in the closing/opening straights at most circuits?
closet affection, for the ducati, i got.
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 23:15   #38
BANNED

The Schumi of MotoGP

The lethal combo of Ducati and Rossi is for sure going to give Lorenzo and Yamaha sleepless nights.

Rossi never lost with Yamaha, but it was the case of low on motivation with the team.

Once the season starts, it will be a thriller.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 23:45   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

VR didn't leave Yamaha on his own, he was made to. (What do you expect from a man whose pay was supposed to be cut to fund his rival & team-mate)

I believe he is sand-bagging his injuries.

In a wider term this means, that if he succeeds, all will sing praises for him and say that despite injuries, he is the man and if he doesn't, well... he had an injury. An excuse good enough. So the ball is in his court, whatever the results may be.

This may sound odd, but in a race you will find me cheering for the lanky Italian. Though I must add, I am huge Ben Spies fan & completely in awe of him
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 15:48   #40
BHPian

The current test in malaysia is underway, Repsol gang is firing the rest up. This year is going to be madness
SohailPistawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 08:59   #41
BHPian

Here's a nice read..
Name:  5430892266_7354c32c58_b.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  208.6 KB
Name:  5430285559_575c33d691_b.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  218.8 KB

Image Courtesy: A good friend Albert, at motomatters forums.
five46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 18:30   #42
BHPian

It is clear Rossi, JB and Ducati Corse are under no illusion about the task at hand during the coming years. Age and physical condition [some injuries never fully heal and recover] are against Rossi.

Read JB's interview by Daryl Beattie Soup :: Burgess Unfiltered: Yamaha's V4, Ducati's Past Foibles & Claiming Rule Bikes Are A Harebrained:: 05-19-2011 and it is clear, Stoner has been riding close to the limit on the Duc and the DNFs have followed.

Lorenzo and Stoner will sweep the floor with Rossi. Simoncelli is looking threatening. In 2010, Lorenzo was simply riding at a different level.

How long can we expect Rossi to fend off young pretenders, we will see in the next few years.

I was in Italy a few weeks back and my son wanted to go to Tavuulia to Rossi's pizza place!...

Really hope he wins Mugello...
Krishna
ksanjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 01:44   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanjee View Post
I was in Italy a few weeks back and my son wanted to go to Tavuulia to Rossi's pizza place!...

Really hope he wins Mugello...
Krishna
You should have gone! The pizza is a work of art when it is made in Tavullia!
Made in colours of Italian flag with a number 46 piped onto it in soft cheese!

--- and I also hope he wins in Mugello - although I think that a podium may be the best to hope for at the moment!
Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 13:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

As I understand Motosport each racing equipment (car/bike/snowmobile/yatch/airplane etc. even a humble bicycle) is made for specific rider. Ducati has admitted that Rossi is diagonally opposite to Casey (smooth rider vs WOT) the bike was setup mostly for Casey and thus the team is not customizing the bike for Rossi and that has shown vast improvements, also Rossi is not 100% fit.

I have seen many racing drivers but I have seen few that can get the team towards a better equipment and I have utmost regard for the Doctor as he will turn around fortunes for Ducati.

This year will be Casey and Honda story if something drastic does not happen. JL is struggling (how he wish Rossi was still with Yamaha and making more improvements to the bike ).
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 17:59   #45
BHPian

Well, the season is well underway. 5 races so far, with Lorenzo leading by seven points, followed by Stoner. And all seems to be quiet here.

Despite the negative comments I read about Lorenzo, He seems to be doing fine. Leading in fact. Though I expect Stoner will overtake him soon. So would Pedrosa whom I consider is a seriously underrated rider, but unfortunately he's out with injuries. Rossi..well he hasn't even make the podium yet. I won't count Rossi even for Third place this year.

On other hand, I wouldn't dismiss Lorenzo like some did. He seems to be really talented guy and I bet, all the experts at Yamaha are not blind.

2011 seems to be shining on Honda, and most probably Stoner will win. Second place depends on Pedrosa's condition and Lorenzo.

Ducati and Rossi will catch up. But most likely thats what they will be doing the rest of the season...catching up. Maybe next year will put him closer to a realistic championship win. Rossi is undoubtedly one of the best there is. Though in this sport, there is no magic wand.

Funny. I am a Stoner fan, though I never supported him in the past when he was riding for Ducati (I like to see Japanese bike winning). I was supporting Rossi then, Now the table's turned .
kaynmantis is offline   Reply With Quote