Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 28th March 2011, 16:39   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Australian Grand Prix 2011

I think we shouldn't be this hard on Webber. I think after his last few races in OZ I think he was just trying to play safe and finish the race. He has never had good races on this circuit anyway. Lets see how he performs in the coming races.
goingout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 18:16   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhagathgowda View Post
Personally I believe Mclaren will struggle to fight it out with Redbull's, it may only be able trade places with Ferrari. And I do really wish that, I am wrong here.
I am really happy that Mclaren did infact prove me wrong . Instead of trading places with Ferrari as per my prediction, they were trading places with Redbull. Hope there development stays on track and we see a good battle between Mclaren and Redbull for the remaining of the season.

superb drive from Renault's Vitaly Petrov .
bhagathgowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 21:50   #78
BHPian

Interesting race - yes - I just felt it was interesting not exciting. Early days but it proved an insight into the various new technologies and the performance of the new tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
One more interesting fact to be seen through the season is when a RB car gets mixed up with the pack. The RB cars generate so much downforce that negates the top speed advantage the DRS is expected to generate. Thats the reason why the RB boys were crying to Charlie about banning the use of DRS in Qualifying as well!!
yes, this goes to prove that nothing beats a well designed car. Red Bull put out a very good performance inspite of not benefiting much from DRS and not using KERS. KERS anyway gives only a 0.3s advantage and DRS a 15kmph top speed addition.

Mercedes was a letdown after the way they performed in testing. Reminded me of the way Ferrari were in testing a couple of years back - pre 2009 season I think - only to come a cropper when the season started. To their credit both the drivers suffered a DNF because of accidents.

Vitaly Petrov showed that his performance in the 2010 season finale was no flash in the pan. Nice drive.

Mclaren was the ultimate turnaround - a dog of a car to a strong contender. Hammy proved that he is one of the best talents in the grid - though he should not get offended when people question his style - he should be unapologetic about it - why change a good thing that wins him races?

The Pirelli's for all their talk about the performance differential between the softs and the primes did not has as much as an impact on strategy as expected. Actually I feel the removal of refueling uncomplicated the pit stops a lot. Early days - lets see.

On to Sepang,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 10:43   #79
mgh
BHPian

Sauber will not appeal Melbourne disqualification

Formula 1

Force India points stand
mgh is offline   Reply With Quote