Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 28th April 2011, 23:13   #1

Default Hello from Udaipur

Hello Team BHP,
I am happy that my request for membership has been accepted and now I am a member of this community - Thank You Administrators. Since this is a "Introduce Yourself" forum I would like to write a few things about myself. I am from Udaipur, thee city of lakes and also a sought after destination for many of the TBHP members doing ling drives. I am a Vice Principal in a MBA college. Anything that has to do with automobiles in of keen interest to me. I spend almost two hours daily to clean my car before taking off to work. I own a Maruti Esteem 2002 and a Wagon R 2007. Often I check the parking lot in office to appreciate how clean my car looks. I like to read the travelogues and Jeep rebuilding projects on TBHP. I plan to dispose my esteem and start a jeep rebuilding project. I came across TBHP while researching on buying a used Safari TCIC. The thread on "Life of a Safari TCIC engine" came in quite handy. I am amazed by the time and effort members on this forum take to give detaild accounts on travelogues, jeep rebuilding projects or anything for that matter. I read a story in which a member transported a Army disposal jeep from Mayapuri all the way to Kerala to remake it - Hats off. I am proud to be a member of this amazing community.
Old 28th April 2011, 23:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hello from Udaipur

Welcome to the forum Sir.

I am guilty of being one of the T-BHP members to drive thru' Udaipur

2 hours cleaning the car - sounds good!

Best of luck with your jeep building project!
Old 29th April 2011, 10:24   #3
BHPian

welcome on board Auto Motive,
Build of jeep, sounds interesting! keep us posted and I am sure, you will get all help you need on your project on this site.

Welcome!
Old 29th April 2011, 11:14   #4
BHPian

Hello Automotive,

Welcome to the forum, I see you're from Udaipur, my wife is from Udaipur as well, and her family lives there. We are in Udaipur twice a year. I read that you are interested in jeeps. There is a workshop in udaipur that does excellent work on jeeps, if you are interested let me know. Goodluck.
Old 29th April 2011, 23:17   #5

libranof1987,
Thank you, when you visit Udaipur the next time do let me know.

spawnofsatan
Are you talking about "Panwar" & Co. and its sister workshops. If yes, I have visited all three workshops. When I tell them I need to build a 4WD jeep they tell me - "what will you do with a 4wd?" but the 2wd jeeps they build are of good quality. Let me know the address of the workshop if its not the one I am talking about.
Old 15th May 2011, 20:10   #6

hi everybody. i am new to the community can any one help me to open a new thread.
Closed Thread