Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 29th April 2011, 12:19   #1
BHPian

Talking Hello there!!

Hi there everyone!!! Finally I'm on Team-BHP!

This is Manuel (that's with an 'e' and not with an 'a' as in manual) from Bangalore. I'm 30 and a lawyer by profession. Not the court going type, but a corporate lawyers into mergers and acquisitions.

Its awesome to be on Team-BHP. I had tried to register a couple of months ago, but the same was not approved by the team-BHP moderators. I didn't expect the forum to be really serious about the what I wrote in the application! But that experience indicated the forum was quite serious about maintaining quality and it left me quite impressed. So while completing the application this time around, I put in some serious thought of what I wrote and crossed my fingers, and lo behold, I was approved

I have been a petrol-head all my life and just love to drive. I never miss an opportunity to drive and weekend visits to Kerala are an excuse to drive down the awesome Bangalore-Palakkad road (Atleast until the four-lane lasts. After that, the traffic on the two lane starts to get to you). Other than that, I'm a big F1 fan. I have been to the Singapore GP the last two years and looking forward to the Delhi one. Actually, will be attending the Marshal induction program for the Delhi GP conducted by the Indian Motorsports Marshals Club to be held in Bangalore on May 1, 2011 Anyone attending it, or have any tips on what to do?

I drive a Verna VGT and have a Honda City back at home in Kerala. The Verna is the first car that I bought with my salary and have been with me for the past 4 years. Its done a little more that 80,000 kms and maybe its time to start looking for a new car. I used to drive an Opel Astra Diesel before that and a Diesel Toyota Starlet automatic in college.

So that's a brief summary of me... Its great to be part of the forum

Mod Note: Limit smileys to two,
Old 5th May 2011, 14:32   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Hello there!!

Hello Manuel,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Hope you have a great time here.

BTW, how do you compare your two cars - the Verna and the City. That was a question frequently asked by prospective buyers. An input from a user of both like you, can be very interesting.

Drive safe.

Last edited by vkumars : 5th May 2011 at 14:35.
vkumars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 12:22   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Hello there!!

Hey Kumar,

Thank you for the welcome. Its an awesome forum. Just getting a hang of things slowly.

The City I have is the older one, the 1.5 (100 bhp). Not the new one. The car's a lot of fun to drive, but has to be kept revved-up. The Verna on the other hand is a completely different experience and on the highway once the turbo kicks in, its just unbelievable. But the car is not great in corners and tends to pitch up and down when you have people and luggage.

Eventhough the Verna has these issues, I still prefer the car for long distance because the kick of the turbo is just so addictive and once you stop to refuel, the Diesel does not make as big a whole in the pocket as the petrol does
Closed Thread