Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 11th May 2011, 13:03   #1
BHPian

Default A Team BHP aspirant into the ramp with the big wigs finally

Hello Everybody,

I am Sriram 31 Years old, owner of a Yamaha Gladiator 125 CC motorcycle, Maruti 800 (Prev) and current owner of Alto K10. Being in India i always wished to own the Mitsubushi Lancer petrol and Old Shape Honda City VTEC. My dream car is Aston Martin Rapide and BMW 7 series armoured version. i work as a S/w test engineer in a private company in Chennai.

I am following Team-BHP since 2007 and got a chance to register myself only recently when i felt the need to get in touch with the experts here personally for a plethora of things

I am an avid automobile enthusiast from childhood days and which revolves to many cars then, the Ambassador Mark3,4 and Fiat 1100, Premier Padmini, Contessa Classic and Rover SD-1. Though i got limited exposure to cars from abroad that time, still I used some rare opportunities to differentiate and to stand in awe and made point to investigate each and every instrument and part of a imported car parked in the roads of Chennai then (Mid - 90's). To share one personal experience I formally encountered two vehicles which i felt very different compared to standard Indian vehicles then, A brand new 1994 model Mitsubushi Pajero and Toyota Corolla 1994 full imported from Colon Motors Sharjah with the factory sticker. My curiosity made me go near to the parked Corolla which was in idle with the A/c ON and i could feel the hot air from the front wheel well, there i sensed the smell of say David Beckham. I was wonder struck, how come a car emit a perfumed smell, even if it was a powerful in cabin air freshener, the windows were tightly sealed and air-con in full blower (guess), are they mixing scenting agents to fuel i thought to myself. In the world of Ambassadors, Fiat s and marutiís where I have never encountered such a experience I said to myself, imported cars smell great , I laugh at it now thinking about my adolescent craze. Second was loud sounding boomy Indian cars of the late 90ís where every sedan car owner used to install a 12 inch IMPP Pioneer in their rear parcel shelf, I was very interested in watch the woofers dance, vibrate to the tunes of late 90's Bubble gum pop played back then.

My other interests include making trips in cars/bikes, Audio Video and Civil airplanes.

With my experience and knowledge I would like to make meaningful contributions to the forums technical threads here by writing crisper and to the point notes and also write in every way to build confidence on me as a member.

Finally I am very thankful to the moderators here, to have been kind enough to accept my inputs in the registration section and granting me the necessary membership, i will surely keep up to the guiding principles of Team-BHP and help in continuing the same experience as felt now.

Thanks in Advance
Best Regards,
Sriram.R
Old 11th May 2011, 20:06   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: A Team BHP aspirant into the ramp with the big wigs finally

Welcome to the community, Sriram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
Old Shape Honda City VTEC
Owned an '03 example till 2010. Loved the car. Miss that engine.

Quote:
BMW 7 series armoured version
Highly unusual choice! May I ask why?

Quote:
Second was loud sounding boomy Indian cars of the late 90ís where every sedan car owner used to install a 12 inch IMPP Pioneer in their rear parcel shelf
Some of us nuts still do . While Audiophile Moderator Navin will debate with me endlessly over this, I quite like the sound of an exposed sub-woofer in the passenger area.

Quote:
With my experience and knowledge I would like to make meaningful contributions to the forums technical threads here by writing crisper and to the point notes
Look forward to it.

Quote:
Finally I am very thankful to the moderators here, to have been kind enough to accept my inputs in the registration section and granting me the necessary membership, i will surely keep up to the guiding principles of Team-BHP and help in continuing the same experience as felt now.
Thank you for applying, and keeping our founding values in mind.

Drive safe, Sriram. It's great to have you here.
Old 12th May 2011, 02:01   #3
BHPian

Welcome to the land of Tbhp. I can feel your enthusiasm of joining in. I felt the same rush when I became a member.

And we share two things in common, firstly the Tbhp and secondly Yamaha Gladiator 125cc. Mine is the SS version 2009 model. Nice to see biking compatriots joining in. Wishing you happy Bhp'ing. And a nice intro by the way!
Old 12th May 2011, 11:11   #4
BHPian

Hi Sriram,
Nice and simple intro. Warm welcome.

I must add you are extremely fortunate to have got such a warm welcome from the man himself :-)

Best regards,
Old 12th May 2011, 19:08   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome to the community, Sriram!
My pleasure, With utmost sincerity i bow, to express my thanks for the kindness extended. To add more to this, i was told by my friends that moderators here are pretty clear in what they expect from prospective members and I am happy i have fared those expectations decently as a new entrant.

Quote:
Highly unusual choice! May I ask why?
I opted 7 series high security, because of it's exotic package and the unique model that it is. I thought this was the best in terms of safety and protection that BMW can offer for it;s customer in a production car, I never considered top speed or 0-60 mph drag figures.

Quote:
Drive safe, Sriram. It's great to have you here.
Thanks a Million once again.
Closed Thread