Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 19th May 2011, 20:14   #1
BHPian

Talking Holly smokes, I finally made it!

Hi All,

First and foremost I am so grateful to the Team-BHP team and the Almighty Mods for approving my membership. I have spent so many restless nights trying to get into this elite club and finally today I made it through.

I was actually surprised when/how I did, I just casually, like about 2 minutes ago came on the site to check what was happening, and while scrolling to the bottom I read the below mentioned lines:

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts
And I was like , thinking I must have read something incorrect, so I jump to this sub-forum and click on 'Post New Thread' and wow, it was working, and I really didn't know what to say, I was shocked and yet delighted at the same time, like when it is raining and the sun is out as well. I have dreamt for a long time to be a member here and finally I made it. I have been visiting this site and the forum for like 3-4 years for feedbacks, reviews, ownership reports and to gain knowledge about all things that move on wheels.

I was smitten back then by the knowledge that people have here and how respectful they are towards everyone at the same time and the role they play for a good cause every now and then. I know I'm blabbering about anything and everything but then I don't know what else to do, just the emotions and the happiness makes me want to write it all in one go, however I must curb it a little I guess.

About me: I belong to an army background, my father retired from the artillery a few years back. I got the love bug for cars from him, he always keeps his vehicles in perfect condition all the time and shining like new. So my genes make me do the same. I am currently working in an MNC as a manager, actually temp manager; however I have been told I will be promoted to the position by the end of the month, so keeping my fingers crossed. I am married and have a 2 year old son who loves to be inside the car more than anything else, and I find it a bit strange as to why he would rather be fiddling with the lights or the music system and the wheel instead of playing with his toys or out in the park, but then who can tell what kids fall in love with. I for one love being in the car and driving as much as possible while listening to good music of the Disco variety kind that GTO sir mentioned once in a post of his.

Before this gets too long a post, I guess it already has, please accept my apologies. I would once again like to thank the team for letting a mere mortal like me be a part of your great team, and a Big Hi to all team-BHP members. Hope to get to know you all as time flows by with the sun shining in the rear view mirror of life.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th May 2011 at 20:17. Reason: Text format tags removed.
Old 20th May 2011, 16:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Holly smokes, I finally made it!

Welcome to Team BHP, iFuel! It was good to see you in my thread as well!

Army background. Hmmmm... I am sure a certain General (Guderian) will be interested in listening to your anecdotes! Not that I am not.

Have a wonderful time here and do have a peak at announcements and FAQs! Hope to see your participation in some of the ongoing interesting discussions.
Old 23rd May 2011, 06:05   #3
BHPian

Thanks a lot Mr. Shark, I will surely jump in the discussions that are happening on this forum, there are so many of them and pretty much all of them are really interesting. Thanks a lot for the warm welcome, hope to see you around more often.
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:40   #4
BHPian

Hi iFuel,

Welcome abroad and enjoy your stay!
I am sure you will get addicted to Team-BHP
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:17   #5
BHPian

Hi
Welcome to the club mate. Be warned its extremely addictive.
Cheers
Old 24th May 2011, 03:12   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetlife View Post
Hi iFuel,

Welcome abroad and enjoy your stay!
I am sure you will get addicted to Team-BHP
Thanks a lot streetlife, I already am glued to team-BHP, I make it a point to visit it atleast once a day, if not more

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi
Welcome to the club mate. Be warned its extremely addictive.
Cheers
Thanks a lot for the warm welcome Dr. sahib, it sure is addictive and I really appreciate the warning in advance, however I am sure you must have an antidote for the same, and I will definitely be calling upon you in case I need it
Old 24th May 2011, 08:15   #7
Team-BHP Support

With a defense background you must have gone places already and that too, to places, where commoner cannot reach easily. Lets hear those tales in times to come!

PS: The i of IFuel? Do we have a Mac Aficionado here?
Old 25th May 2011, 03:05   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
With a defense background you must have gone places already and that too, to places, where commoner cannot reach easily. Lets hear those tales in times to come!

PS: The i of IFuel? Do we have a Mac Aficionado here?
Hi ampere, yes you are right, I have been to pretty much all places in India, due to my dad's job and then again I played golf for a good 5-6 years on the Indian circuit so that took me places as well. I will definitely share some memories and tales of the years gone by in due time, thanks for the lovely suggestion.
And a big YES on me being an Apple aficionado, I have a strange love for all things Apple. Though some of them define logic and common sense to my brain cells but I still love them for their path breaking innovations and great gizmos. I currently own an iPhone (2nd gen) and I absolutely love it, planning on getting the Mac book sometime in the future, but that wish has competition from the Alienware laptop

Nice to meet you and hope to see you around more often.
Closed Thread