Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 29th May 2011, 16:23   #1
BHPian

Smile Hello BHPians

Greetings to the best Petrol and Diesel heads of the country. First of all my heartfelt thanks to the moderators, for allowing me to be part of this fabulous community. As matter of fact, I have been stalking Team-BHP, for eons now. It helped me tremendously in zeroing on to a decision for my third car in the family.

My name is Rahul Devnath and I'm 24, a Journalist by profession, unfortunately not in the realms automotive world. I'm basically a travel freak, and have traveled length and breadth of Indian sub-continent. Right from Kanyakumari to LEH, and Ahmedabad to Siliguri, many lakhs kilometre older, I yet to get tired of it. A part of it can be attributed to the fact that I belong to an Air Force family, and travelling is part of life here.

My greatest experience and dream came, quiet early; second year of my college, when I got the opportunity, to lead a two member motorcycle expedition, from Kanyakumari to Khardung-La. Covering about 10,000Kms.

Now coming to my collection. Though today my family garage consists of (1) 1991 Maruti 800, (2) 2011 TATA Vista Aura ABS QJD, (3) Bajaj Pulsar 220, It also once housed a 1996 Maruti Zen. Though not a hardcore technical buff, I do love to modify the electronics, which includes DIY installation of HIDs and some innovations to my bikes and cars.

Apart from being a petrol head, and now a diesel-head, I love travelling and looking at the world, through my lenses. I'm a hobbyist/professional photographer, more specifically an aviation photographer.

I'm here to share my experiences and in turn learn a great deal from the best automotive community ever.

And by the way, do drop in at http:// ww.rahuldevnath.in for some of the pictures from my All India trip and others.

Keep Revving!
Old 30th May 2011, 10:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hello BHPians

welcome Rahul!!

your experience will be helpful for other newbies like me.

with your biking i experience have you ever thought of traveling on a bullet?

(i want to go to leh on my bullet someday )

any ways welcome on the forum.

rgds,
Nikhil
Old 30th May 2011, 13:13   #3
BHPian

Smile Re: Hello BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
welcome Rahul!!

your experience will be helpful for other newbies like me.

with your biking i experience have you ever thought of traveling on a bullet?

(i want to go to leh on my bullet someday )

any ways welcome on the forum.

rgds,
Nikhil
Hi Nikhil,
Thank you for welcoming me.
Though I had traveled on Pulsar 180, I would love to that on a Bullet. However, Bullet is not for everybody. While passing through Sarchu, two guys joined us. One of them was riding bullet. The way we used get stuck, and required 2 people to remove the bike from certain conditions, made me think. Also, in most of the places, one needs to ride the foot pegs, something which is difficult on laid back riding positioned bikes.

However, at those heights, with less oxygen, a bullet's torque monster stance, comes to life. So, yeah, would love to do that trip again on a bullet.
Closed Thread