Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 14:32   #16
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,136
Thanked: 1,563 Times
Default Re: Santro Nicknamed Batmobile

Nicely done Santro. Infact one of the best I have seen.
Only sore point being the twin-exhaust at the centre - spoils the look of the car.

EDIT : And yes, welcome to TBHP, Doc.
supremeBaleno is offline  
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:41   #17
BHPian
 
nithin_86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: KL-7/TN-22
Posts: 131
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Santro Nicknamed Batmobile

Wicked ride Doc! I have never noticed this ride in Kochi. I am guessing the car hasn't been in Kochi much since the mods. One of my friends in Kochi had a modded Black Santro which was called the Knightrider.
nithin_86 is offline  
Old 2nd June 2011, 18:33   #18
Newbie
 
docvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: thrissur
Posts: 1
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Santro Nicknamed Batmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Nicely done Santro. Infact one of the best I have seen.
Only sore point being the twin-exhaust at the centre - spoils the look of the car.

EDIT : And yes, welcome to TBHP, Doc.
looks like senior bhpians dont like the centrally placed exhaust but i felt that if it had gone to the sides it would stay at an odd place because of the grill work.The car has a very good growl to it-just perfect because of the free flow exhausts and the K&N filters so in a way the exhausts matches the growl .if i hadnt placed the exhausts it would look odd for the growl-anyway what would be your suggestion about the placement
Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_86 View Post
Wicked ride Doc! I have never noticed this ride in Kochi. I am guessing the car hasn't been in Kochi much since the mods. One of my friends in Kochi had a modded Black Santro which was called the Knightrider.
your right!!! not come too frequently to Kochi after the mod job but i guess Kochi is the place to be because when i"ve come- there have been guys running to take snaps even back seat riders on bikes turn to take snaps
docvino is offline  
Old 2nd June 2011, 20:34   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,056
Thanked: 3,226 Times
Default Re: Santro Nicknamed Batmobile

kudos to you sir.
That ride has so many subtle changes, apart from the big ones, and all of them have come together perfect-o!

Those central exhausts, if they were functional would have been even better, but going by the amount of work on the car, i think you'll be able to fool most everybody that they too, were in fact functional!

tell me one thing, is the exhaust directed towards the tyre's inner wall?

very very nice!
Hyundai could take a few design cues from the "batmobile", especially the recessed scoop!
mayankk is offline  
Old 2nd June 2011, 23:53   #20
Newbie
 
docvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: thrissur
Posts: 1
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Santro Nicknamed Batmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
kudos to you sir.
That ride has so many subtle changes, apart from the big ones, and all of them have come together perfect-o!

Those central exhausts, if they were functional would have been even better, but going by the amount of work on the car, i think you'll be able to fool most everybody that they too, were in fact functional!

tell me one thing, is the exhaust directed towards the tyre's inner wall?

very very nice!
Hyundai could take a few design cues from the "batmobile", especially the recessed scoop!
thanks a lot for the compliments and it would be really flattering if hyundai did take up some of these design cues.
yes!!! the exhaust is directed to the left rear tyres inner wall -i did voice my worries with the mechanic but he said its ok because when the wheel turns the hot air will be circulated-no problems for the past one year though.the mechanic who fitted the exhausts is a professional rally exhaust manufacturer and fitter in coimbatore heard he works for Leela Krishnan also (Red Rooster racing) . But i still feel it has taken away some of the free flowness of the FFE because of the acute bend
docvino is offline  
Old 3rd June 2011, 09:59   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
thedreamcatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1,206
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Santro Nicknamed Batmobile

Welcome DocVino (For some reason it sounds like you could be a character from the Godfather series ;-))

Awesome ride. 5 Stars for it

I have seen several Santro mods and not many of them are good. But this one is truly splendid and quite clearly crafted like a surgeon ;-). The matt finish looks great and the kit blends in perfectly.

Do post more details and read all the rules carefully before posting.
thedreamcatcher is offline  
Old 3rd June 2011, 10:52   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
silversteed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PGT//BLR//STR
Posts: 1,966
Thanked: 1,374 Times
Default Re: santro nicknamed batmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by docvino View Post
... i got it ordered from performance zone delhi .Headlights and fog lamps are from retro rides delhi from a person named Dikshit Bhasin...

...K&N conical filter with a power device air flow double blade inbetween.also have volt stabiliser with grounding wires .neo system is fitted to the petrol inlet pipe to the engine
...
doc, your ride looks neat, and different too. BUT just a few doubts:
1. What is this power device air flow double blade?
2. Why do you need a volt stabilizer?
3. What is the neo system fitted to the petrol inlet pipe?
4. Did you visit this place - HYPERFORMANCE MOTORRSPORTS RACING INDUSTRY
5. The Bhasin guy, is his name Niviit Bhasin, by any chance?

If you answer yes to Q4 or 5, then please take some time and read this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...elhi-read.html (Tuner Nivit Bhasin from Delhi? Read on.)

Sorry if I spoiled the fun.

Wish you many more miles of happy motoring with the Batmobile
silversteed is offline  
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:14   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,056
Thanked: 3,226 Times
Default Re: santro nicknamed batmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Sorry if I spoiled the fun.
i dont think you did.
doc seems to have used another mr.bhasin, from "theretrorides"......
mayankk is offline  
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:16   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 1,971
Thanked: 819 Times
Default Re: Santro Nicknamed Batmobile

Are those indica wheel arches?

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline  
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:25   #25
Newbie
 
docvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: thrissur
Posts: 1
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: santro nicknamed batmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Welcome DocVino (For some reason it sounds like you could be a character from the Godfather series ;-))

Awesome ride. 5 Stars for it

I have seen several Santro mods and not many of them are good. But this one is truly splendid and quite clearly crafted like a surgeon ;-). The matt finish looks great and the kit blends in perfectly.

Do post more details and read all the rules carefully before posting.
thanks for the rating its always an encouragement when others like your work and take the effort to show it

may be the experience from surgery did help -i had worked initially with a good surgeon who gave the advise that when you hit you should hit hard not tickle guess i used it here
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
doc, your ride looks neat, and different too. BUT just a few doubts:
1. What is this power device air flow double blade?
2. Why do you need a volt stabilizer?
3. What is the neo system fitted to the petrol inlet pipe?
4. Did you visit this place - HYPERFORMANCE MOTORRSPORTS RACING INDUSTRY
5. The Bhasin guy, is his name Niviit Bhasin, by any chance?

If you answer yes to Q4 or 5, then please take some time and read this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...elhi-read.html (Tuner Nivit Bhasin from Delhi? Read on.)

Sorry if I spoiled the fun.

Wish you many more miles of happy motoring with the Batmobile
as posted the guy is Dikshit Bhasin from retro rides and he only dealt with the headlights and fog lights.maybe i should take a picture of the engine compartment for you to see the layout
docvino is offline  
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:38   #26
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,406
Thanked: 3,930 Times
Default Re: Santro Nicknamed Batmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
doc, your ride looks neat, and different too. BUT just a few doubts:
1. What is this power device air flow double blade?
2. Why do you need a volt stabilizer?
3. What is the neo system fitted to the petrol inlet pipe?...


Sorry if I spoiled the fun....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
i dont think you did.
I asked the same questions before. Point No:1 is what makes me suspect. Could be some sort of electric supercharger. Lets wait till docvina comes up with an ownership thread... eh, doc?
dhanushs is offline  
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:49   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,056
Thanked: 3,226 Times
Default Re: Santro Nicknamed Batmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
I asked the same questions before. Point No:1 is what makes me suspect. Could be some sort of electric supercharger. Lets wait till docvina comes up with an ownership thread... eh, doc?
oh boy, that IS what it is apparently.
@doc, is it sitting between your TB and filter?
mayankk is offline  
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:50   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
silversteed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PGT//BLR//STR
Posts: 1,966
Thanked: 1,374 Times
Default Re: Santro Nicknamed Batmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by docvino View Post
may be the experience from surgery did help -i had worked initially with a good surgeon who gave the advise that when you hit you should hit hard not tickle guess i used it here
Nice statement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
I asked the same questions before. Point No:1 is what makes me suspect. Could be some sort of electric supercharger. Lets wait till docvina comes up with an ownership thread... eh, doc?
Yeah, i saw that... but added it here to list out everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by docvino View Post
as posted the guy is Dikshit Bhasin from retro rides and he only dealt with the headlights and fog lights.maybe i should take a picture of the engine compartment for you to see the layout
Good that it's another Bhasin

A pic would clear the doubts for sure
silversteed is offline  
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:53   #29
Newbie
 
docvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: thrissur
Posts: 1
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Santro Nicknamed Batmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Are those indica wheel arches?

Pramod
those are not indica wheel arches those were separately made and i guess there was some (surgical) craft work needed here

when he initially showed some piece there was a wide gap between the tyre and the edge of the fender flare/wheel arch

...so after fitting the tyres i made him bring it down a certain distance so that the gap is just right and make a connecting step inbetween to connect to the car body at the perfect height hope i am getting the point across
docvino is offline  
Old 4th June 2011, 00:42   #30
Newbie
 
docvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: thrissur
Posts: 1
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Santro Nicknamed Batmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
oh boy, that IS what it is apparently.
@doc, is it sitting between your TB and filter?
yes it is a small thing with a big name- having fan blades to aid in the airflow from filter to throttle box
Quote:
Originally Posted by docvino View Post
those are not indica wheel arches those were separately made and i guess there was some (surgical) craft work needed here

when he initially showed some piece there was a wide gap between the tyre and the edge of the fender flare/wheel arch

...so after fitting the tyres i made him bring it down a certain distance so that the gap is just right and make a connecting step inbetween to connect to the car body at the perfect height hope i am getting the point across
docvino is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Jump starts & Battery help - Exide Batmobile, Mumbai (and other cities) GTO Mumbai 36 28th April 2016 23:50
Spotted: Batmobile Replica in Pune me@fiat Super-Cars & Imports in India 23 4th July 2015 14:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks