Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 10th June 2011, 17:59   #1

Default Dan is finally here!

Hello,

Firstly Thanks alot Team Bhp for approving my membership. After one unsucessful attempt on getting my membership approved, when i saw the approval mail from teambhp, I was dancing up and down around the house. My partner looked at me and thought I must be nuts or something. But then he dosen't know, this is a particular forum which i always catch up in between my work breaks and whenever I want to plan on my trips.
And now I too can share my experiences on this forum.

I am a software engineer, working in Mumbai. I stumbled upon TeamBHP when I was doing my research on buying a hatchback. Though my plan of buying a hatchback did not materialise, thanks to my supporting(pun intended) partner. But since then I am practically glued to the forum.

I am no car expert. Let me admit it, trying to distinguish between two different hatchback was and still a difficult thing for me.

One day when I was travelling with my 10 years old nephew who is a genius in my eyes in terms of cars. He can tell me features of the car and I go like "dude what does that mean". He rolls up his eyes "shrugs"and looks at me with maybe sympathy "whatever". Then he patiently explains what does that feature mean. Anyways during my travel we passed a beauty on the road right in front of us. Me being a specty, double battery or anything that the kids have called me could not read the name of the car. Did not dare to ask the Car Edison sitting besides me. But I guess he judged my dilemma and retorted smartly "Porche Cayenne. Cool car na". I was like "Yes darling, she is truly a beauty". And then i was fed by him on the regular dosage of the cost, the design, the awesome power etc etc. And i am was as everytime amazed and dumbstruck!

But now I am trying and gathering all my knowledge here on the forum. So who knows one day i might outsmart him with my car-o-ledge!

Yet to figure out an avatar for myself, but soon would be uploading one.

Ciao
- Dan
Old 10th June 2011, 19:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Dan is finally here!

Welcome Dan to the T-BHP family.

I guess now its only a matter of time before you can impress your nephew with your car knowledge. By the way is your nephew already a member of the forum
Closed Thread