Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 13th June 2011, 12:37   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Default At last! Open Sesame!

Hello everyone,

I extend warm greetings from the central part of our wonderful country.

Ever since I stumbled into team-bhp in the first week of November 2010 en-route the research for my next car, I have been really fascinated by it. Fantastic in-depth reviews, very knowledgeable recommendations and suggestions, and passionate enthusiasts...a true destination of an ardent auto lover!

I am 35, work in the Life Insurance Corporation Of India, and am quite an avid lover of beautifully designed autos myself. My Dad used to subscribe to the Indian Auto magazine back in the 90s, and my room's walls were filled with plenty of posters of cars, bikes and rally shots from back then. Needless to say, a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Ducati, Kawasaki or Aston Martin set my pulses racing! All my friends loved to sit in my room and gape at the beauties all around them.

Then life took over and I built my career. My first ride after the bicycle was the Bajaj Chetak scooter during my graduation days, then I went to the Hero Honda Street (bad choice!), and then 10 years ago, the TVS Victor. What a wonderful bike it was! Well-balanced, fine-tuned and a great handler on the roads, plus great FE. I replaced the Victor with the Apache RTR 160 two years ago, and seeing it go made me morose for a whole day. But the Apache has kept me happy till now, touchwood!

I learned car-driving by driving my Dad's Esteem. My first car was the new Maruti 800 which was gifted to me in July 2006. Till now it has clocked just over 22,230 kms, which is not a lot because I use it mostly for in-city driving, with very sporadic long drives to our state's capital and other places. Now that my hand is pretty well set, I am on the hunt for a new car.

Other than cars and bikes, I am into movies, reading, cricket and surfing the Net. My dream - to save enough to have a Ferrari in my garage!

I look forward to catching you all around the forum.

Once again, thanks for letting me in!
Old 13th June 2011, 13:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: At last! Open Sesame!

Welcome to T-BHP, which part of Chattisgarh you are in, Raipur? It will be nice to know more about places to see in and around Chattisgarh.
Old 13th June 2011, 18:44   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: At last! Open Sesame!

Nope. I am in Jagdalpur, which is around a 5-hour drive from Raipur, in a direct southern direction on NH-43. It is a medium-sized city with a population of around 7-8 lakh, with plenty of wonderful tourist spots scattered around - the Chitrakote and Tirathgarh waterfalls, Kutumsar caves, and plenty of other attractions.

Till about 3 years back this place was crowded with Marutis, Mahindras and a few Hyundais (mostly Santros). But lately there has been a nice influx of Skodas, VWs (Polos) and Ford Figos lately on the roads. Not to mention the popular Honda City, some Jazzes and a few Civics, too. Such a welcome sight for sore eyes such as myself!

We had lived in Bhopal for 5 years before moving here in 2002 due to Dad's job. It's a nice, quiet place but pretty monotonous in terms of a car lover's visual delights - bikes zoom around the place a lot, especially disregarding every traffic rule in the book! Quite a pain.
Closed Thread