Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 27th June 2011, 16:34   #1

Default Hi all from Gurgaon!

Hi everyone,

I moved to Gurgaon with my fiancee 2 months ago from London, UK and have only recently found Team-BHP and i'm very happy to have done so! Great to see such a thriving petrolhead community here in India. So, about me:

I have worked as a Design Engineer for most of my career, but have for the last 4 years also been working as a freelance automotive journalist. I have written car reviews for websites (pistonheads.com, worldcarfans.com) and magazines and write a daily blog for Win a Supercar company Best of the Best in the UK. This also involves managing their Facebook and Twitter pages, and providing the graphics and data for their main website. Here are a few examples of my work:

The BOTB Road Test: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG BOTB News

BOTB Review Lamborghini LP560/4 Spyder BOTB News

Test Drive Report: Jaguar XKR 5.0 on Snake Pass BOTB News

Best of the Best - Supercars | Facebook

Maserati Granturismo

Porsche 997 Turbo Cabriolet

Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder

As is the case with many ex-pats here in India I don't drive here, we have a driver and I'm really missing being behind the wheel!

Driving is such a huge part of my life back home i'm really looking forward to getting back to the UK in August and driving some cars.

First job when I get back is a 2 day back-to-back test of the Ferrari 458 and McLaren MP4-12C with a photographer friend of mine.

It should be an epic article and i'll be sure to post it up on here for you all to read.

So, that's me - namaste!
Old 27th June 2011, 17:19   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Hi all from Gurgaon!

Welcome to India and Gurgaon Beefmeister! Its great to have a professional auto jouranalist in our midst. We look forward to some nice reviews and pictures.

Last but not the least. We have an active T-bhp community here in Guragon, including me. So do let us know if you need any help.
Old 27th June 2011, 17:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome!
Gurgaon is happy to have you
Old 27th June 2011, 17:38   #4
BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP, Beefmeister.

Its really great to have a person like you in this forum who can help many of us with your valuable knowledge and experience in the feild of Automobiles.
Old 27th June 2011, 17:42   #5

Welcome to Team Bhp, A wonderful, huge and yet a closely knit community of people with passion for automobiles that has a lot to offer(learn) for a petrol head like me! Shall be looking forward for sharing your views and hope you enjoy the journey mate!
Old 27th June 2011, 18:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Gurgaon, i hope you enjoy your stay here. Am from Gurgaon.
Old 28th June 2011, 07:20   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome, so which part of gurgaon are you from, eh?

We hold meets about once every 4-6 weeks. Do drop in. Here's the thread for reference:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...vening-22.html (last one was 10th June!)
Old 28th June 2011, 14:35   #8
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard Beefmeister!

Do tell us some more about what you've worked on as a design engineer...if you can.

What brings you to India ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefmeister View Post
As is the case with many ex-pats here in India I don't drive here, we have a driver and I'm really missing being behind the wheel!
Well hopefully once the Noida circuit comes up (end of this year) you might have a chance to drive some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefmeister View Post
First job when I get back is a 2 day back-to-back test of the Ferrari 458 and McLaren MP4-12C with a photographer friend of mine.

It should be an epic article and i'll be sure to post it up on here for you all to read.
OH MAN! There is no appropriate smiley (jealous-y?) on this forum! TWO DAYS!!! Lucky guy.

Looking forward to hearing about the MP4-12C first hand.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 14:43   #9

Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome.

To answer your question Rehaan -

I have worked for many companies in the automotive sector in the past, such as Ford, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Bentley and then later i worked in the Fiat group and did work in Fiat Auto, Ferrari and Maserati.

I have also worked at the New Holland tractor plant in Gt. Noida when I was working as a project manager implementing new 3D CAD design and storage systems.

My latest work is as Chief Designer for a company that makes Electric Vehicle charging solutions, very interesting work as it is at the very start of the growth.

I too cannot wait to drive the McLaren - the UK press has surprised me, and every test has placed the Ferrari 458 over the MP4-12C. I'm intrigued to see if the McLaren isn't as game-changing as everyone first suggested.

But for me personally, i prefer an 'analogue' driving experience. The ultimate car for me right now would be the Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 - lots of power, RWD, manual gearbox, minimal computer systems. For me the 458 is like a smaller, faster Nissan GTR - the car does too much for you. At the end of a fast lap or a spirited drive I want to know that I had something to do with getting there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Welcome, so which part of gurgaon are you from, eh?

We hold meets about once every 4-6 weeks. Do drop in. Here's the thread for reference:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...vening-22.html (last one was 10th June!)
I live in the Ambience Island apartments, so right next to Ambience Mall.

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th June 2011 at 15:37. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Beefmeister is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 15:09   #10
BHPian

Hi from another fellow BHPian in Gurgaon. This thread will help filter on people from Gurgaon I guess
Old 5th July 2011, 04:08   #11
BHPian

Welcome to the forum and this side of the country. It is so nice to meet someone who works so extensively on cars, hope to catch up with you more often on this forum and maybe if I make it to the next T-BHP Gurgaon Meet.
Closed Thread