Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 4th July 2011, 15:55   #1

Default A Big Hello to all T-bhpians !

Hello everybody,
My introduction has been long overdue now, considering my request for membership was approved last october itself (a big thanks to the moderators for that), considering T-bhp occupies one of the tabs (or more) every-time I surf the world wide web for the past one year and more so, because tbhp gives me probably 99% of the information I ever need about any car that's on my mind (so much that i've finally stopped my annual subscription to Overdrive and Autocar).

So hello everyone, I'm Prateik Parija, 23, recently graduated in Law and from Cuttack, Orissa. I've always been a petrol-head since the time I can remember, from cleaning my dad's car for leisure to playing a major part in the decision making whenever family or friends needed advice on choosing their perfect vehicle. I didn't introduce myself earlier because I believed I didn't have much information to add to the forum, as the cars I've driven till now have all been owned by my dad and always been stock, whatsoever. However, things have changed now, and even though I can't add my favourite tints or go for my dream ICE Upgrade on those cars, yet I'd rather be a little useful here if I introduced myself properly to all you fellow Bhpians.

So here's a brief introduction to the cars I've seen, been in or driven in my family :
Maruti Omni - Bought in 1992; Sold in 1996 (Dad's first Car; I was 4 years old)
Maruti Omni (Another one) - Bought in 1996; Sold in 2000.
Maruti 800 (Mom's Car) - Bought in 1999, Sold in 2002.
Maruti Wagon R (VX) - Bought in 2001, Sold in 2003.
Opel Corsa 1.4 GLS - Bought in 2003, Sold in 2006. (The first time when my opinion was solicited before purchasing a new car)
Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi ABS - Bought on 1st Jan 2006, Sold in Feb, 2011 (The First time when the car was decided solely based on my opinion :-D)
Hyundai i20 Asta - Bought on 16th Feb, 2011 - to present (The First time parents only provided the cash, I did the rest)
Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi ABS (Dad's Office Car) - Bought March 2011 - present.

So that's about it I guess. Another reason behind me not having introduced myself earlier or not having written a brief ownership review/first drive may be attributed to the fact that my education has usually kept me out of home for the past 6 years and I didn't get to drive those beauties enough to be able to get into their character and write extensive reviews (imagine we bought the i20 on the evening 16th Feb and I departed for my hostels on the 17th Morning ). However, I'm done with my education and shall be soon joining work in Mumbai within the next couple of weeks and if everything goes according to the plan, I may be posting a new thread on Which car to pick, Initial Review, First Drive and Dealership experience this time in 6 months .

Anyway, you guys will get to know me sooner than later and likewise.

So here's a Big Thumbs Up to all my fellow T-Bhpians!

Drive Safe and Be Safe.

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th July 2011 at 16:05. Reason: Welcome aboard. 2 smileys max per post. Make sure you read all the TBHP rules before continuing. Thanks.
Old 4th July 2011, 17:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: A Big Hello to all T-bhpians !

Warm Welcome to T-BHP Family.

Thats a long list of cars under your family ownership. Wishing you good luck both for your move to Mumbai and for getting your new ride.
Old 4th July 2011, 17:22   #3

Default Re: A Big Hello to all T-bhpians !

And I am extremely apologetic for the overdose of Smilies in my opening post. I blame the Blackberry messenger for inculcating that corrupt habit in me. I'll be careful henceforth.

@Amitvele - Thanks a lot. Will be needing a lot of advice from you people when I decide to put down the hard-earned moolah on the table for owning that perfect set of wheels.
Closed Thread